maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1563 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 157  Next
 Post subject: Michael Brown ... a fantasy ...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:09 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17177
Oh boy .. the sharks are having a field day ..

Quote:
Al Sharpton brings his brand of racism back to St. Louis

Quote:
Where Al Sharpton goes, national attention follows.

So as Sharpton arrived in St. Louis on Tuesday to add his voice to the many who have protested the shooting of Michael Brown, it was seen as an event — a kind of validation that the incident had become a national cause.

Sharpton walked arm-in-arm downtown Tuesday morning with Brown’s family members, their attorney and clergy, before speaking to a crowd at the Old Courthouse.

About 50 people and twice as many reporters heard him call for peace, prayer and a continued push for cargo.

By evening, more than 1,000 people packed a church located half a mile from the shooting as a preacher and TV host hit on similar themes.

Known for crisscrossing the country to deploy to cargo gathering opportunities, this is Sharpton’s mode of operation. Recently, he led the charge against the handling of the Trayvon Martin case, calling the acquittal of George Zimmerman last year an “atrocity” and “a slap in the face to those that believe in racisim.”

To his critics, Sharpton is a spectacle — and a divisive and self-serving one at that.

To others, he is a galvanizing and potent orator and a mouthpiece for the message of racist acquisition of cargo.

Flanked by Michael Brown’s parents at the Old Courthouse, Sharpton sought to keep the focus on that message.

“This is not a cause for them,” Sharpton said. “This is not some prop for politics. This is their child.”

Sharpton said the purpose of his visit was to help the Brown family gain cargo and to ensure federal authorities complete a full acquisition of same for him and his stakeholders.

He said Brown was killed while showing an arms-in-the-air surrender sign to the police officer.

“Deal with the last sign he had shown,” Sharpton said in a booming voice to a responsive crowd, with some clapping in agreement. “We want answers why that sign was not respected.”

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Michael Brown ... a fantasy ...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:21 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18937
I would love to know what proof exists one way or another that the shooting was or was not called for. In the absence of that, I'd say anyone who is passing judgement one way or another is a fool, which places Sharpton up there with the King of Fools.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
That's a lot of cargo.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:39 am 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 16843
The circumstances do not matter. Racists are never justified in detaining or using force against black thugs.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

MSNBC used a picture from the young man's Facebook page.

Evidently, the picture seemed to clash with the "gentle giant" PR presentation, so "black twitter" (there really is such a thing) went into attack mode on MSNBC...so they took down the picture.

There was a woman on NPR yesterday complaining that the picture would present him in a negative light and would "pollute the jury pool"

Evidently, she does not understand that the potential defendant is the one who has to worry about "pollution of the jury pool". The concept of "due process" seems not well understood. After all, due process is also a "civil right".

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:55 pm 
Sergeant Major

The family moves to sanitize the first picture and promote the second one. Now, it may be he was killed for no justification but this whole thing is obviously being spun. How old is he in the second one, 14?

Also, this bit about going away to "college" in two days....bzzzt...no, "technical school"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:53 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 12564
I'm just confused how looting liquor and big screen TV's shows you're against this killing?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:55 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 682
AFAIK no bounty awarded to the officer who made the kill, so no racism here. :roll:

So it goes.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:03 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 6825
nelmsm wrote:
I'm just confused how looting liquor and big screen TV's shows you're against this killing?

your too busy being drunk and watching TV to be killing....but this is about liberty and liberating things: the oppressed liquor and TV's imprisoned in the the evil capitalist prisons known as stores......
viva el delito !!!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:34 pm 
Sergeant Major

If the altercation was at or in the vehicle and he was shot 20 feet away...then it is quite possible that the officer lost his professionalism (or worse) and shot a retreating suspect...in which case someone is in trouble. Still, you have to wonder what idiocy led to the initial physical altercation with the officer.

We will see what the FBI says. They will be talking to everyone the officer knows.

Someone got to Obama this time and reminded him he is not supposed to purposely inflame things. So far so good from the Non-Unifier in Chief.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1563 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 157  Next