maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119  Next
 Post subject: Re: Will Europe Ever Defend Itself?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:39 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17052
Quote:
... I would not be surprised if Macron tried to drew closer to Russia to counter Germany and its power in Europe ...

It's happened before, why not again ??

:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:54 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17151
I've said it before here and elsewhere. If you want to know what Russia and France want Europe to look like, just look at a 1900 map of Europe.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:03 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 12003
jwilkerson wrote:
Quote:
... I would not be surprised if Macron tried to drew closer to Russia to counter Germany and its power in Europe ...

It's happened before, why not again ??

:)

Yes, it is like what I and Mdiehl say, the return of the situation in 1914. Maybe not a good idea if America turns its back to Europe and goes to Asia.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

Thing is it may well be a good idea for Americans if America does that. Our key mistakes were allowing ourselves to be dragged into WW1 and, post WW2, allowing ourselves to be permanently dragged into European defense.

The US lived for a century and a half without animosity towards a relatively strong Imperial Russia//Soviet Russia and we cooperated well with Imperial Britain after the Brits stopped trying to bother us. It really does me and most Americans no harm at all if Russia absorbs Kazahkstan, Poland, Ukraine and Georgia.

The US Russian relationship was rocky from 1947-1955 but could have been managed by cool heads. We probably caused a problem for Russia when we invited the DFR into NATO and reconsititued the Wehrmach... errm... Bundesweher. Only a moron could have looked at that decision and imagined it would not be received as a serious threat to Russia. We then missed a fucking GREAT opportunity to get along with Russia when, after the breakup of the USSR and the demise of Soviet Russia, we not only upped the ante in NATO but also pushed NATO into Poland.

I'd rather that the United States get along well with Russia and not se well with France than vice versa.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:14 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17052
I used to have this "dream" that the USA, China and Russia would form a 3 way alliance (and tell the UN to shove it) and, then basically tell anyone trying to behave like an uncle adolf ... to cease and desist ... in the fantasy, we formed joint brigades and trained together all over the planet ... would be some good trainin' !!!
But that was back in the 70s ... and things have drifted FAR FAR FAR from those days ... couldn't happen now ... pootin' and zeee are too much into chest thumpin' ...
But we can't afford the adventurism in any sense of the concept ... so time to quit playing imperialists and come home ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

Putin won't live forever so I see potential in a real partnership between Russia and the USA. In contrast, China is going to have a series of bullshit imperialist dictators until they stop being a communist state. They need a revolution. So I see no basis for the USA to cooperate with China on much of anything.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:25 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 807
mdiehl wrote:
Putin won't live forever so I see potential in a real partnership between Russia and the USA. In contrast, China is going to have a series of bullshit imperialist dictators until they stop being a communist state. They need a revolution. So I see no basis for the USA to cooperate with China on much of anything.

Perhaps Trump can buy Siberia back again? :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:45 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Biggest threat the entire world faces is China. Anyone who thinks they are too far away to worry about is delusional.

2nd...jihadis with nukes

3rd....PRK with nukes and ICBM's

Russian subs and planes are chiefly a threat to the occupants.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:14 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 807
jack t ripper wrote:
Biggest threat the entire world faces is China. Anyone who thinks they are too far away to worry about is delusional.

2nd...jihadis with nukes

3rd....PRK with nukes and ICBM's

Russian subs and planes are chiefly a threat to the occupants.

Certainly China is greatest threat. I have some first hand experience of Chinese cheating. Personal of that, I was accused that SW was not working, until a person of electronics prove that the problem was the moist and warm Chinese climate, and they didn't bake the circuit board properly.

Hot and moist. :roll:

Kuuma is cunt Swahili language.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:12 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 6294
So - in other words France has a history of doing it's own thing, distancing itself from NATO, and making nice with the USSR/Russia - and you are unhappy with this, but it is the same time what you want the US to do. Bawahahahaha...

This is where we play the French Taunt, right... :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119  Next