maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 121  Next
 Post subject: Re: Will Europe Ever Defend Itself?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:56 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 12003
Apparently, for him it is the fault of the Americans, and the Russians are happy.

Nato alliance experiencing brain death, says Macron

Quote:
President Emmanuel Macron of France has described Nato as "brain dead", stressing what he sees as waning commitment to the transatlantic alliance by its main guarantor, the US.

.../...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:58 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 12314
Good. Why should the US be the main guarantor of the Alliance that is primarily European in nature. Partner okay, but main guarantor. Spend some of your own damn money to meet the military needs of the alliance.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:00 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17151
France bailed on NATO from 1965 through 1995, and has been utterly valueless as a strategic partner since 1944. Phuck Macron. He can go eat a german turd and drop dead, AFAIC.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:37 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 6294
LaPalice wrote:
Apparently, for him it is the fault of the Americans, and the Russians are happy.

Nato alliance experiencing brain death, says Macron

Quote:
President Emmanuel Macron of France has described Nato as "brain dead", stressing what he sees as waning commitment to the transatlantic alliance by its main guarantor, the US.

.../...

Russia's reaction came from foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova.

"Well said. Truthful words, and ones that get to the nub of the matter," she posted on Facebook.

"An accurate description of Nato's current state," she wrote.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:05 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
mdiehl wrote:
France bailed on NATO from 1965 through 1995, and has been utterly valueless as a strategic partner since 1944. Phuck Macron. He can go eat a german turd and drop dead, AFAIC.

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:13 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
De Gaulle insisted on a French unit entering Paris after US taxpayers bought every piece of equipment and stitch of clothing for the unit AND US troops died for a beachhead AND the US Navy carried the thankless bastards across the channel.

US F-111 overflight of France was denied in the Lybia attack. The resultant crew fatigue may have killed one F-111 crew. Thanks for that guys.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

DeGagh then, after the liberation of Paris, demanded that he be placed in charge of overall military strategy and a French general be placed in Eisenhower's position. Marshall told him to stfu or the US would give France back to the Germans.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:25 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 6294
You jokers haha - Macron talks about Europe controlling it's own destiny and not relying on the US (which should be music to your ears) and making nice with Russia (and you like Russia), but instead of high fiveing Macron you bitch about how France failed NATO (and you hate NATO)...

:lol: :P

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:37 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 12003
wulfir wrote:
You jokers haha - Macron talks about Europe controlling it's own destiny and not relying on the US (which should be music to your ears) and making nice with Russia (and you like Russia), but instead of high fiveing Macron you bitch about how France failed NATO (and you hate NATO)...

:lol: :P

I would not be surprised if Macron tried to drew closer to Russia to counter Germany and its power in Europe. Until now, Macron tried to please the Germans because he thought that it will help him to build a more integrated Europe. But Germany is deaf to Macron's propositions. So he thinks that Russia can help him to lower Germany power in Europe. It is a strategy dating from before WW1.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

We get to criticize Macron because of his obvious lies. The transatlantic relationship has not failed because of 'American unreliability.' It has failed because of continental European unreliability. And among continental European nations, the least reliable one is France.

I'm good with the EU having it's own armed forces. I want the end of NATO and I want American troops back to the USA. But Macron and all the other jet-set shitheads in the EU owe it to the US that they are at least truthful about who destroyed the transatlantic alliance by being utterly unreliable militarily, politically, and economically.

Europe screwed the family dog. Leaving the dying pooch on America's porch doesn't change the fact that continental EUropeans did the deed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 121  Next