maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1031 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104  Next
 Post subject: Re: Back to Iraq
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:53 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 9907
Interesting to know what the German authorities are going to do. Personally, if a Frenchman, or more specially a French woman, was sentenced to death in Iraq or Syira, I would desire that the French authorities does something, as I am against death penalty. At the same time it would not prevent me to sleep.

Iraq sentences German woman to death over IS involvement

Quote:
A court in Iraq has sentenced a German woman to death after finding her guilty of belonging to the Islamic State (IS) group.

She was sentenced for providing logistical support and taking part in attacks on Iraqi security forces.

.../...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
LaPalice wrote:
Interesting to know what the German authorities are going to do. Personally, if a Frenchman, or more specially a French woman, was sentenced to death in Iraq or Syira, I would desire that the French authorities does something, as I am against death penalty. At the same time it would not prevent me to sleep.

Iraq sentences German woman to death over IS involvement

Quote:
A court in Iraq has sentenced a German woman to death after finding her guilty of belonging to the Islamic State (IS) group.

She was sentenced for providing logistical support and taking part in attacks on Iraqi security forces.

.../...

I can understand a nation's interest in protecting citizen rights overseas...BUT IMHO a nation should be smart about that.

Example 1:

A US citizen/student Otto Warmbeer was arrested by North Korea for stealing a poster.
That seemed excessive (and he later died, largely at the hands of the NKs)

That IMHO is a good example for where a nation should step up in support of a citizen.

Example 2:
The one that you brought up in your article (one of your citizens joining or supporting a terrorist organization).

IMHO that is NOT a good example for where your nation should step up to support a citizen.

And I agree with you. Were I a German citizen or politician I would not lose any sleep over that lady who got herself sentenced to death in Iraq.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:41 am 
Sergeant Major

http://www.breitbart.com/national-secur ... des-death/

Quote:
Iraq Sentences Dozens of Foreign Islamic State Brides to Death

24 May 2018

A court in Baghdad, Iraq, sentenced dozens of women married to or widowed by members of the Islamic State (ISIS) to death or life in prison in a mass trial this week.
The Guardian reported that at least 40 women were sentenced to death and approximately 300 people total sentenced to death so far in the country for having ties to the Islamic State.

The women reportedly had ten minutes to beg for their lives before judges passed his sentence upon them, according to the Daily Mail.

The women will be executed in Iraq.

One of the ISIS brides is a French citizen named Djamila Boutoutao, 29. She reportedly appeared in court last month and said, “I thought I had married a rapper.” Boutoutao reportedly added, “It was only when we arrived in Turkey for a week-long ‘holiday’ that I discovered my husband was a jihadist.”

The majority of women sentenced are reportedly widows and the sole caregivers left for the small children born to terrorist fathers.

Many of the women pleaded with the court on the basis that they were not aware their significant others were jihadists.

Many of the brides traveled from Europe and a few came from the United States.

The executions will be the latest in a series of such sentences in the aftermath of the fall of Mosul, the Islamic State “capital” in Iraq. In February, a 48-year-old Turkish woman was sentenced to death for willingly traveling to Iraq with her husband and their children to serve with the Islamic State. Another 11 other foreign widows were reportedly sentenced to life in jail for their involvement with the Islamic State.

Adelle Nazarian is a politics and national security reporter for Breitbart News. Follow her on Facebook and Twitter.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:22 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15961
chijohnaok wrote:
http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2018/05/24/iraq-sentences-dozens-foreign-islamic-state-brides-death/

Quote:
Iraq Sentences Dozens of Foreign Islamic State Brides to Death

24 May 2018

A court in Baghdad, Iraq, sentenced dozens of women married to or widowed by members of the Islamic State (ISIS) to death or life in prison in a mass trial this week.
The Guardian reported that at least 40 women were sentenced to death and approximately 300 people total sentenced to death so far in the country for having ties to the Islamic State.

The women reportedly had ten minutes to beg for their lives before judges passed his sentence upon them, according to the Daily Mail.

The women will be executed in Iraq.

One of the ISIS brides is a French citizen named Djamila Boutoutao, 29. She reportedly appeared in court last month and said, “I thought I had married a rapper.” Boutoutao reportedly added, “It was only when we arrived in Turkey for a week-long ‘holiday’ that I discovered my husband was a jihadist.”

The majority of women sentenced are reportedly widows and the sole caregivers left for the small children born to terrorist fathers.

Many of the women pleaded with the court on the basis that they were not aware their significant others were jihadists.

Many of the brides traveled from Europe and a few came from the United States.

The executions will be the latest in a series of such sentences in the aftermath of the fall of Mosul, the Islamic State “capital” in Iraq. In February, a 48-year-old Turkish woman was sentenced to death for willingly traveling to Iraq with her husband and their children to serve with the Islamic State. Another 11 other foreign widows were reportedly sentenced to life in jail for their involvement with the Islamic State.

Adelle Nazarian is a politics and national security reporter for Breitbart News. Follow her on Facebook and Twitter.

You see what I'm talking about when I say "we didn't effectively understand how their minds work."

Had we executed more families for the actions of individual jihadis we might have "won" in Iraq.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:48 pm 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:

You see what I'm talking about when I say "we didn't effectively understand how their minds work."

Had we executed more families for the actions of individual jihadis we might have "won" in Iraq.

I would opine that the Soviets did their fair share of executions in their War in Afghanistan and look how that turned out for them.

Sadly, I think that given the rules of engagement that "modern Western" countries operate under, "winning" a war in a majority Muslim country is a Sisyphusian (? see that Sisyphus guy) challenge.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:55 pm 
Sergeant Major

Could be sissyphusisan . . .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:40 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 13228
Quote:
Argument
I Fought Against Muqtada al-Sadr. Now He’s Iraq’s Best Hope.
The former militia leader who once terrorized U.S. forces has reinvented himself as an Iraqi nationalist and a pragmatist.
By Michael D. Sullivan | June 18, 2018, 7:08 AM
https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/06/18/i- ... Picks%20OC
Don't think there's a pay wall.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/09/ ... 50613.html

Quote:
Iraqi protesters set fire to Iranian consulate in Basra

Residents say they have been driven to the streets by corruption and misrule that allowed infrastructure to collapse.

Protesters stormed the Iranian consulate in southern Iraq's city of Basra, setting it on fire as part of deadly demonstrations against lack of services and jobs in which several government buildings have been ransacked and torched.

Demonstrators on Friday broke into the consulate building in Basra, shouting condemnation of what many Iraqis perceive as Tehran's interference in their country's politics.

The consulate was reportedly empty when the crowd burst in.

In comments to Iranian state news agency Fars, Bahram Ghassemi, Iran's foreign ministry spokesperson, denied that Iranian nationals were being told to leave Basra.

Continued at above link

Interesting times....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

chijohnaok wrote:
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/09/iraqi-protesters-set-fire-iranian-consulate-basra-180907163050613.html

Quote:
Iraqi protesters set fire to Iranian consulate in Basra

Residents say they have been driven to the streets by corruption and misrule that allowed infrastructure to collapse.

Protesters stormed the Iranian consulate in southern Iraq's city of Basra, setting it on fire as part of deadly demonstrations against lack of services and jobs in which several government buildings have been ransacked and torched.

Demonstrators on Friday broke into the consulate building in Basra, shouting condemnation of what many Iraqis perceive as Tehran's interference in their country's politics.

The consulate was reportedly empty when the crowd burst in.

In comments to Iranian state news agency Fars, Bahram Ghassemi, Iran's foreign ministry spokesperson, denied that Iranian nationals were being told to leave Basra.

Continued at above link

Interesting times....

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of mullahs. Basra is lie 90% Shitite too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:13 am 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of mullahs. Basra is lie 90% Shitite too.

Hmmm, interesting. I guess there weren't enough Koloocheh (Iranian cookies!) to go around for ALL the Shitites (vis a vis, making the Sunni go without . . .) so they had to pick and choose which Shitites got to reap the spoils, aka: "piss off most people except the small circle of cronies who have benefited from kissing Iranian asz. Everywhere you look in the full anthropological record of human and ape existence, this scheme of sharing only with your "friends" always works out 'so well,' you'd think it would be a fixed action pattern in our brains by now to just be fair and equitable and live by the golden rule, but no . . . natural selection seems to have favored alternative predispositions :P

This is why democracy is the only hope of our species NOT continually reverting itself back to the Stone Ages: it is the only system where something like proper checks and balances and accountability have any real prospect. Neither the Iranian, nor the Chinese, nor Saudi, nor any other despots on Earth want to admit that, but it is inescapable.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1031 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104  Next