maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Aussie Lady shot by US Cops ...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:22 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15802

Quote:
... An Australian woman has been killed by a US police officer responding to a 911 call in Minneapolis.
The Minnesota Department of Public Safety (BCA) said police responded to "a call of possible assault" when "at one point an officer fired their weapon, fatally striking a woman".
The BCA is investigating the Saturday incident but said the officers' body cameras were not turned on at the time.
The victim has been identified by Australian officials as Justine Damond.
According to Australian media, the 40-year old woman was living in Minneapolis with her fiancé. The woman called 911 to report a noise near her home when the incident occurred, reports said.
A man claiming to be Ms Damond's stepson also said in a Facebook video that she was the one who alerted authorities.
"Basically, my mom's dead because a police officer shot her for reasons I don't know," said the man, named Zach.
"I demand answers. If anybody can help, just call the police and demand answers. I'm so done with all this violence," he said.
"America sucks. These cops need to get trained differently. I need to move out of here."
Minneapolis mayor Betsy Hodges said in a statement she was "heartsick and deeply disturbed by what occurred last night" ...

Hum, was she beating herself ?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-40627847

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Aussie Lady shot by US Cops ...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

Assaulted by pajama lady !?

Quote:
... Three sources with knowledge of the incident said Sunday that two officers in one squad car, responding to the 911 call, pulled into the alley. Damond, in her pajamas, went to the driver’s side door and was talking to the driver. The officer in the passenger seat pulled his gun and shot Damond through the driver’s side door, sources said ...

http://www.startribune.com/woman-killed-in-officer-involved-shooting-in-south-minneapolis/434782213/#1

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:31 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 937
What is the matter with American police?

I have asked this before, and asking it now.

:roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:42 pm 
Sergeant Major

I think the step-son has a clue ...

Quote:
... These cops need to get trained differently ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
First off, she seems not very threatening. Uggh.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 937
jack t ripper wrote:
First off, she seems not very threatening. Uggh.

All women are dangerous...

But more seriously one more case when body cams were not used. Perhaps lack of body cam should be considered as incriminating evidence in cases like this.

Would improve cam discipline enormously.

So it goes.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:27 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 13603
I'll wait for the evidence before commenting.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:52 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

The cop that shot her has been identified as Solmalian-American Mohammed Noor...

Quote:
The Minneapolis police officer who shot and killed a woman on the city’s south side over the weekend has been identified as Mohammed Noor.

His attorney, Tom Plunkett, confirmed Monday that Noor fired his weapon, killing Justine Damond. In a statement, Plunkett said: “We take this seriously with great compassion for all persons who are being touched by this.”

The fatal shooting happened late Saturday night near the intersection of 51st Street and Washburn Avenue South, in the city’s Fulton neighborhood.

Sources tell WCCO-TV that Damond called 911 over a possible assault, and when Noor and another officer arrived at the scene in a squad car, she spoke to them near an alley. At some point, Noor, who was in the squad’s passenger seat, reached over and shot Damond.

What exactly led to the shooting remains unclear.

No weapons were recovered from the scene, according to the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, the agency called in to investigate the shooting. A cellphone was found near Damond’s body.

Damond, who grew up in Australia, was a meditation teacher and life coach. In videos posted to YouTube, she recalled moving to Minnesota for love. Friends and family described her as a gentle soul.

Although Noor and the other officer were wearing body cameras, they were not turned on during the shooting, the BCA said. Also, the squad’s dashcam camera didn’t capture what happened.

While there isn’t specific language about the Minneapolis Police Department’s guidelines on body cameras pertaining to this particular case, there is a long list of guidelines that can be interpreted to cover many situations police officers encounter.

Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges says that she’s working with the BCA to release as much information about the shooting as possible.

“I have the same questions you do, and I seek the same answers you seek,” she said in a statement Monday. “This process is difficult, but I want to be sure we get this right.”

Noor was the first Somali-American officer to join the Minneapolis Police Department’s 5th Precinct team. He joined the department in March 2015. Before that, he worked in property management.

Noor and the other officer, whose identity has yet to be released, have been placed on paid administrative leave, which is standard procedure following an officer-involved shooting.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/07/1 ... dentified/

Attachment:
1500314052000.jpg
1500314052000.jpg [ 31.24 KiB | Viewed 2382 times ]

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:59 pm 
Sergeant Major

Mac wrote:
The cop that shot her has been identified as Solmalian-American Mohammed Noor...

Quote:
The Minneapolis police officer who shot and killed a woman on the city’s south side over the weekend has been identified as Mohammed Noor.

His attorney, Tom Plunkett, confirmed Monday that Noor fired his weapon, killing Justine Damond. In a statement, Plunkett said: “We take this seriously with great compassion for all persons who are being touched by this.”

The fatal shooting happened late Saturday night near the intersection of 51st Street and Washburn Avenue South, in the city’s Fulton neighborhood.

Sources tell WCCO-TV that Damond called 911 over a possible assault, and when Noor and another officer arrived at the scene in a squad car, she spoke to them near an alley. At some point, Noor, who was in the squad’s passenger seat, reached over and shot Damond.

What exactly led to the shooting remains unclear.

No weapons were recovered from the scene, according to the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, the agency called in to investigate the shooting. A cellphone was found near Damond’s body.

Damond, who grew up in Australia, was a meditation teacher and life coach. In videos posted to YouTube, she recalled moving to Minnesota for love. Friends and family described her as a gentle soul.

Although Noor and the other officer were wearing body cameras, they were not turned on during the shooting, the BCA said. Also, the squad’s dashcam camera didn’t capture what happened.

While there isn’t specific language about the Minneapolis Police Department’s guidelines on body cameras pertaining to this particular case, there is a long list of guidelines that can be interpreted to cover many situations police officers encounter.

Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges says that she’s working with the BCA to release as much information about the shooting as possible.

“I have the same questions you do, and I seek the same answers you seek,” she said in a statement Monday. “This process is difficult, but I want to be sure we get this right.”

Noor was the first Somali-American officer to join the Minneapolis Police Department’s 5th Precinct team. He joined the department in March 2015. Before that, he worked in property management.

Noor and the other officer, whose identity has yet to be released, have been placed on paid administrative leave, which is standard procedure following an officer-involved shooting.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/07/1 ... dentified/

Attachment:
1500314052000.jpg

White female victim...male Somali Muslim cop.

Will wait to see where this investigation goes.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:25 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 11210
Well if they never got out of the car I can see why the bodycams weren't on but what the hell could he have seen to make him basically reach across his partner and shoot her through the door???

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next