maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 766 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next
 Post subject: Re: What is Putin up to?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:05 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 9540
Quote:
.. At the same time President Trump was signing punishing sanctions against Russia for meddling in last year’s elections, Vladimir Putin was sending his frenemy in Washington a message: don’t mess with us.

Among the many provocations by Russia since Trump took office, the launching of military exercises later this summer near its borders with the Baltic states may be the one that catches the Pentagon’s attention most urgently.

More than 100,000 of Putin’s finest fighting forces will be engaged in an operation known as Zapad – Russian for West – in the farthest reaches of Russia’s borders with Belarus and Latvia, and uncomfortably close to NATO positions just across the Baltic Sea ...

Nay Toe positions just across the Baltic Sea !!! Oh my, where would THAT be !!?? :o

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/08/02/putin-sends-trump-message-dont-mess-with-us.html?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14064
Earlier this year Trump issued sanctions against a group of Russians.

Now Trump signs into law additional sanctions against Russia that were passed by Congress.

Some Dems (and Nero) claim that Trump is Putin's puppet.

Well if that is the case then it doesn't look like Putin is a very good puppetmaster, now does it.... :lol: :lol:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Last edited by chijohnaok on Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:06 pm 
First Sergeant

Aye, but I am specifically worried about the words " ... close to NATO positions just across the Baltic Sea ..."

Since the rooskies are stated to be in russ and bela-russ ... then "across the Baltic Sea ... would imply Sweden or Finland ... and I was not aware those folks were members of nay toe ...

I guess I think the writers of the statement need some geography lessons ... I think they are talking about Lithuania, Estonia, etc. which are not "across the Baltic Sea" from the roos ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:42 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4420
National Paratrooper's Day, Russia...

"We will take Ukraine, dambit!"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:09 am 
First Sergeant

I guess the rooskies really do have "little dique" syndrome. At least they behave like it - consistently ... a.k.a. "Bully" syndrome ... meaning you feel inferior, so you try to act big ... I thought the turks were supposed to be the "poor man of yourUp" ... I guess the rooskies are the "poor woman of yourUp" ... maybe one day they will grow up ... probably not in my life time ... they do have some dangerous toys ... you if you play with them .. be careful ... :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:32 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14860
jwilkerson wrote:
Aye, but I am specifically worried about the words " ... close to NATO positions just across the Baltic Sea ..."

Since the rooskies are stated to be in russ and bela-russ ... then "across the Baltic Sea ... would imply Sweden or Finland ... and I was not aware those folks were members of nay toe ...

I guess I think the writers of the statement need some geography lessons ... I think they are talking about Lithuania, Estonia, etc. which are not "across the Baltic Sea" from the roos ...

Well, technically, you can reach Germany and Denmark by the Baltic even if you don't "cross it" as in sailing from one coast to another.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:39 pm 
Corporal

Reputation points: 1827
http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschla ... 62288.html

Three German police officers held up while trying to leave the country, detained&questioned by Russian border police for work-related info while being threatened with an espionage investigation in St. Petersburg, Russia, where they were doing a day tour on land as part of a baltic cruise.

Unfriendly act.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:03 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 11008
So apparently cheese smuggling is a thing on the Finnish-Russian border...

Quote:
Russia's embargo on imports of EU produce remain in place, as one man found on Wednesday when he tried to smuggle 99 kilogrammes of Finnish cheese over the border. Russian border guards found the dairy treats hidden in the man's Volkswagen Caravelle minibus.

Russians apparently remain fans of Finnish dairy products, despite a three-year Russian ban on imports. On Wednesday Russian customs officials published pictures taken from the vehicle used by a cheese smuggler attempting to circumvent the restrictions, which limit imports to five kilogrammes of cheese.

The man had stashed 99 kilos of Finnish cheese, much of it apparently Valio's Oltermanni staple, in his minibus. He was attempting to enter Russia at the Nuijamaa border crossing when Russia's dairy-detecting border protectors found his milky hoard.

Russian customs said on their website that the man had not declared his cheesy cargo in writing, as is required by Russian law. The cheese was confiscated as it exceeded the five-kilo limit.

That limit was imposed when Russia slapped counter-sanctions on EU products in response to EU measures reacting to the annexation of Crimea. In addition to dairy products, there are limits on imports of meat, fish, fruit and vegetables.

The imposition of the embargo hit the Finnish dairy industry hard, with supermarkets flooded with cheap, Russian-labelled versions of popular Finnish cheese which were promptly christened 'Putin cheese' in the press.

This is not the first cheese smuggler to be apprehended heading east from Finland. In January Russia uncovered and confiscated 37 kilos of illicit cheese.

On Monday Russian authorities destroyed 1.5 tonnes of Polish agricultural products, while at the end of July some 20 tonnes of butter were destroyed in the southern Urals.

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/bord ... er/9767692

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:09 pm 
Corporal

Reputation points: 1827
"Let them eat (Putin-) cheese!"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:23 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2726
Scharfschütze wrote:
"Let them eat (Putin-) cheese!"

There was time of Putin-cheese and Putin-salmon; for the benefit to Finnish consumers as one kilogram of Norwegian salmon was about 4€ per kg. And the cheese, Oltermanni (Alderman) was sold quite cheaply with Russian labels quite affordable prices. This was 2014.

In the mean time the Russian food industry has made some improvement, not in particularly in the dairy products, but importing four times more of coconut oil. If you taste Russian cheese, be prepared to be surprised.

Budte zdorovy.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 766 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next