maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Political Correctness
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:29 pm 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 14671
PC crowd are complaining about

HEMA people painting the 'great helm' pattern to their fencing masks. Apparently they're all bunch of Nazis who want to burn down Jerusalem...?

Oh and the Mars Facebook group where they wanted to find an alternate term for 'colony' as according to them colonies are what white Nazis used to oppress other people.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:01 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 14050

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:03 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16056
NefariousKoel wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16056
CHIEF Financial Officer is offensive. :lol:

Quote:
Canada's largest school board decided last week to remove the word "chief" from job titles to avoid offending indigenous peoples.

The Toronto District School Board—which oversees all secular, English-speaking schools in the city—is following the recommendation of its Truth and Reconciliation Commission, set up to document past abuses of indigenous children in Canada's former residential school system and to make recommendations to address and right any wrongs, the Canadian Press reported.

Accordingly, titles like "chief financial officer," "chief academic officer," and "chief communications officer" will be renamed, despite the use of the word "chief" in those instances not referring to indigenous Canadians.

"It may not have originated as an indigenous word, but the fact is that it is used as a slur in some cases, or in a negative way to describe indigenous people," Ryan Bird, a school board spokesman, said in an interview last Wednesday.

"With that in mind, as it has become a slur in some cases, that's the decision the administration has made to be proactive on that," he added.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:32 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15634
jack t ripper wrote:
CHIEF Financial Officer is offensive. :lol:

Quote:
Canada's largest school board decided last week to remove the word "chief" from job titles to avoid offending indigenous peoples.

The Toronto District School Board—which oversees all secular, English-speaking schools in the city—is following the recommendation of its Truth and Reconciliation Commission, set up to document past abuses of indigenous children in Canada's former residential school system and to make recommendations to address and right any wrongs, the Canadian Press reported.

Accordingly, titles like "chief financial officer," "chief academic officer," and "chief communications officer" will be renamed, despite the use of the word "chief" in those instances not referring to indigenous Canadians.

"It may not have originated as an indigenous word, but the fact is that it is used as a slur in some cases, or in a negative way to describe indigenous people," Ryan Bird, a school board spokesman, said in an interview last Wednesday.

"With that in mind, as it has become a slur in some cases, that's the decision the administration has made to be proactive on that," he added.

So then what is the head of the fire department called in Toronto?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:05 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 14671
I'm so glad I don't live in Canada or US. The places are being overrun by SJW and PC crowd.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:54 pm 
Hair in the soap

Quote:
The Toronto District School Board—which oversees all secular, English-speaking schools in the city—is following the recommendation of its Truth and Reconciliation Commission ...

So many Orwellian gov't institutions these days. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:39 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2651
NefariousKoel wrote:
Quote:
The Toronto District School Board—which oversees all secular, English-speaking schools in the city—is following the recommendation of its Truth and Reconciliation Commission ...

So many Orwellian gov't institutions these days. :roll:

In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards. -- Mark Twain.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15634

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:40 pm 
Hair in the soap

chijohnaok wrote:

2009, huh? That guy must've saw the writing on the wall in Commiefornia.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next