maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1691 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170  Next
 Post subject: Re: Youtube Favorite of the Day
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:00 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 19398
If Fury was a British movie...

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:35 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
That must be a tank sim...what is it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:53 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

jack t ripper wrote:
That must be a tank sim...what is it?

War Thunder, a free to play MMO.

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:02 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

The guy who got banned from YouTube for punching out a suffragette in RDR2 got his channel back...

Quote:
YouTube has restored several videos showing a women's rights campaigner being killed in a variety of ways in the video game Red Dead Redemption 2.

The platform had deleted the recordings on Wednesday and in one case had banned the clip creator involved.

The action had represented its first such response to depictions of graphic violence within a mainstream game.

But it now says that it made a "mistake" and has restricted the clips so they cannot be seen by under-18s.

The U-turn occurred after a backlash on social media.

This included the vlogger PewDiePie retweeting a complaint by one of the video creators, who had accused YouTube of unfair treatment.

Another popular vlogger, Keem, had also drawn attention to the affair claiming it was "going to create GamerGate 2.0".

Ryan Wyatt, YouTube's head of gaming, eventually responded - blaming the deletions on a misinterpretation of YouTube's community guidelines.

"The reviewer will be educated on this outcome and on how to avoid repeating this mistake," he tweeted..

However, the BBC understands the original decision had involved several members of YouTube's staff and that the original ruling was overturned once the business's wider gaming team took charge.

"YouTube's community guidelines prohibit among other things, gratuitous violence, nudity, dangerous and illegal activities, and hate speech," a spokeswoman said.

"Creative formats such as video games can be challenging to assess but when content crosses the line and is flagged to our attention, we take action as necessary."

The Western-themed Red Dead Redemption 2 is set at the end of the 19th Century, about two decades before women were given the vote in all US states.

Within the game the player meets several suffragettes.

In one case it is possible to assault and kill one of the campaigners.

Several YouTube creators took advantage of this to post recordings of the game's protagonist killing the computer-controlled character in a series of gruesome ways.

These included the woman being:

fed to an alligator
dropped down a mineshaft
shot in the face and fed to pigs
tied up on a railway track and run over by a train
set on fire

In linked comments, several users made jokes about the fact it was possible to assault a "feminist" in this way.

On Wednesday morning, the BBC asked the firm whether 10 such clips breached its policies.

YouTube subsequently removed eight of them, leaving two examples in which the suffragette was beaten but not killed.

Among those blocked was a clip that had attracted more than 1.5 million clicks within a channel that had attracted more than 473,000 subscribers.

The channel's UK-based owner was initially told he was also being banned from owning or setting up other accounts.

All of the creator's videos have since been restored, including clips of other characters being attacked within Red Dead Redemption 2.

One company-watcher said the incident pointed to a wider problem.

"YouTube's guidelines have been accused of being vague and open to interpretation, meaning even when YouTube does act upon them, its decision is often challenged as censorship," commented Teoh Lander-Boyce, co-editor of TenEighty magazine.

"It can seem to many creators that the guidelines are not enforced even-handedly, often taking either a massive outrage online or interest from mainstream media to get it to take notice.

"This disparity between when it does and doesn't act, and how it enforces the rules just points to a lack of clarity and understanding on what the community guidelines really mean."

Another YouTube creator also suggested the matter had been mishandled.

"It's interesting that in a huge beautiful game with an amazing array of things to do, that's actually pretty progressive in its storytelling... someone decided to take a character representative of progress for women and kill her in not just one but multiple ways for several videos," Outside Xtra presenter Ellen Rose said.

"It's also interesting, but not at all surprising, that these are some of that channel's most popular videos for months, and people in the comments are being weirdly gleeful about the idea of a women's rights campaigner - or 'annoying feminist' - being assaulted this way.

"I think that YouTube needs to stop and look at those responses when making decisions as to whether or not a clip is good for the site."

Red Dead Redemption 2 has attracted very positive reviews, and attained a score of 97 out of 100 on Metacritic, which collates critics' reviews.

Many of the 18-certificate game's non-playable characters can be attacked, but there has been criticism of a decision to allow the suffragette to be vulnerable, given the controversy this could attract.

Suffragettes also appear in another part of the game, but attacking them there leads to the failure of the mission.

The BBC has asked developer Rockstar Games for comment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46137186

His first comeback video features him deporting a Mexican. :lol:

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:31 pm 
Sergeant Major

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:56 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14677
Quote:
... "It is very squarely within our responsibility to find out," Schiff said. Along with incoming House Oversight Committee Chairman Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., and other top Democrats, Schiff will have a mandate to serve a slew of subpoenas on the Trump administration.

But former GOP Judiciary Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz, who is now a Fox News contributor, told Politico in October that Cummings and Schiff shouldn't get their hopes up.

“If [North Carolina Rep.] Mark Meadows and [Ohio Rep.] Jim Jordan can’t get documents out of the White House, I don’t know why Elijah Cummings and the Democrats think they’ll do any better,” Chaffetz said.

Still, Democrats had signaled even before last week's midterm elections that they would aggressively investigate the Trump administration if they took power in Congress. Bogging down the White House with burdensome document requests and subpoenas could indeed backfire, political analysts tell Fox News, but there is little doubt that the strategy -- made more viable by heightened partisanship and loosened congressional norms -- would impair Republicans' messaging and even policy goals for the next two years.

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi of Calif., speaks to a crowd of volunteers and supporters of the Democratic party at an election night returns event at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, on Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2018, in Washington. (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin)
House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi of Calif., speaks to a crowd of volunteers and supporters of the Democratic party at an election night returns event at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, on Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2018, in Washington. (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin)
"Well, we are responsible," House Minority leader Nancy Pelosi, who is campaigning to reclaim her role as House speaker, said Sunday on CBS' "Face the Nation." "We are not scattershot. We are not doing any investigation for a political purpose, but to seek the truth. So I think a word that you could describe about how Democrats will go forward in this regard is we will be very strategic."

But Pelosi has previously suggested that she would, indeed, use the threat of subpoenea for political gain.

MAXINE WATERS, SCHIFF TO TAKE HIGH-PROFILE COMMITTEE POSTS IN NEW HOUSE

“Subpoena power is interesting, to use it or not to use it,” Pelosi said at a conference in October, referring to the authority of House committees to summon individuals and organizations to testify or provide documents under penalty of perjury. “It is a great arrow to have in your quiver in terms of negotiating on other subjects." She added that she would use the power "strategically." (Trump has flatly called Pelosi's plan "illegal.") ..

Sounds like de muc rats want to declare WAH ...

I think that is fine. I would suggest trumpf ignore. Yes, ignore the subpoena's. Let the house impeach him 100 times. Then the senate can acquit 100 times.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-to-probe-trumps-treatment-of-cnn-amazon-washington-post-in-abuse-of-power-inquiries

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:04 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 13228

Movie about the Brits de-Colonizing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:30 pm 
Sergeant Major

abradley wrote:

Movie about the Brits de-Colonizing.

Guns at Batasi.
A great movie...I’ve watched it several time.
I think they run it on TCM every once in a while.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:04 am 
Sergeant Major

Newly elected US Congressman Dan Crenshaw pays a visit to SNL:

SNL actually does a decent job with its 'apology'.

Nice touch with the Ariane Grande ringtone. :lol:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1691 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170  Next