maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137  Next
 Post subject: Re: Youtube Favorite of the Day
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:40 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 16124
chijohnaok wrote:
Not a YT video but this is YT related:

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/37218 ... propaganda

Quote:
YouTube announces plan to combat propaganda

BY JULIA MANCHESTER - 02/03/18 05:50 PM EST

YouTube announced Friday it will start flagging videos published by organizations that receive government funding.

Viewers will be able to see labels on videos from government-funded outlets above the video's title on the page.

“News is an important and growing vertical for us and we want to be sure to get it right, helping to grow news and support news publishers on YouTube in a responsible way,” YouTube News senior product manager Geoff Samek said.

"This notice on publishers receiving public or government funding, though still in its early stages, not only carries forward our work in this area through 2017, but represents one of many more steps we will take throughout 2018 to improve how we deliver news content on YouTube."
The move comes after online tech companies such as Facebook and Twitter received backlash on Capitol Hill for their handling of Russian propaganda in the 2016 presidential election.

The social media giants have been criticized by lawmakers for not revealing the extent of Russian activity on their platform meant to influence the election.

Despite YouTube's efforts to combat the negative use of state media, U.S. broadcaster PBS has lashed out at the move.

“Labeling PBS a 'publicly funded broadcaster' is both vague and misleading,” a PBS spokesman said in a statement to The Washington Post.

“PBS and its member stations receive a small percentage of funding from the federal government; the majority of funding comes from private donations. More importantly, PBS is an independent, private, not-for-profit corporation, not a state broadcaster. YouTube’s proposed labeling could wrongly imply that the government has influence over PBS content, which is prohibited by statute. If YouTube's intent is to create clarity and better understanding, this is a step in the wrong direction.”

I wonder if YT will leave it at this step or eventually start flagging the videos of others with labels as well?

This little designation means YT is giving an excuse to target anyone who uses advertising outside YT in their vids:

Quote:
"This notice on publishers receiving public or government funding.."

Quote:
“Labeling PBS a 'publicly funded broadcaster' is both vague and misleading,” a PBS spokesman said in a statement to The Washington Post.

PBS is right. YT can use their ambiguous terms to further their dickholery. It sounds like an excuse to discriminate against channels that don't toe their line or provide them extra advertising via their own services. Despite YT pulling their own advertising from a lot of creator channels last year.

In other words their hired Thought Police, consisting of such unbiased luminary organizations as the ADL and Buzzfeed News editors, will have yet more power to censor & discriminate on the platform. They've been slowly, but continually, pushing for more and more. Taking little bits means spreading out the backlash, I suppose.

I'll be glad to see a different platform knock YT, and it's feminazi boss, off the top. Bound to happen sooner or later. Fucking Digital KGB has been trying to censor at every opportunity. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:30 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 11789
Keep us apprised of any other sites that re gaining ground on YT so we can de facto expand the "YT of the Day" thread!

In my limited forays outside of YT, nothing else has the breadth or depth that YT has at this point.

For my browsing habits, YTs "dickholery" doesn't seem to impact me much at all. Certainly, I can empathize with political propagandist channels who are feeling the pinch from the Femi-Nazis, and there are even a few of those propaganda channels I enjoy from time to time. I'm subscribed to loads but only one I receive notifications from and pay any attention to is Paul Joseph Watson. He is concise, clear, humorous, intelligent and incisive. Too many of the rest of them suffer from one or more problems, whether being windbags, crap editors, blathering, or just being insipid. There are a few others that I enjoy if I happen to bump into them, but mostly not. Pretty much Pewds and PJW are the only channels I watch "regularly," though I do watch a few space exploration/science type channels from time to time too. Buzzfeed, the Vox, Veritasitum, etc., all make me want to vomit, but there are quite a few that are not so "mainstream" and poppish. Curious Droid is quite palatable.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13119
It's a good morning to listen to the Cranberries.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:22 am 
Hair in the soap

ROFL

Trolls turned up to 11 |>>>>>>>>>>|> for BHM.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:33 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17794

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:21 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18831
One epic photograph worth 100 Super Bowl ads.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:03 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 15702

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
One epic photograph worth 100 Super Bowl ads.

Please tell me that hunk of junk is going to burn up soon? We already have too much shit flying around up there . . .

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:30 pm 
Sergeant Major

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:37 pm 
Hair in the soap

A female college student in Florida verbally brutalizes her SJW propagandist professor after he makes the usual "racist" and "white nationalist" claims (against Milo in this instance).

They just savage this soy-mandike in his class. :lol: :lol: The chica was having none of his bullshit. :twisted:

NSFW Warning: Language!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137  Next