maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 137  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Crusade continues - illegal immigration
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:23 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 13228
Other then my Cherokee bit, my family came to America from Ireland in the 17th Century, prior to independence, and late 19th century from Scotland, after reading the article I assume the ships they arrived on guaranteed them.

Quote:
Why the Quota System Is One of the Worst Ways of Regulating Immigration

08/15/2018Ryan McMaken

When it comes to the immigration debate, very few people advocate for either totally closed borders or totally open borders. However, as soon as it is admitted that at least some movement across borders ought to be allowed — or that at least some of the migrants are to be regulated — the question quickly arises: which migrants are to be allowed, and which are to be prevented entry?

Rhetorically, this problem is often dealt with today by an appeal to government authority. Namely, it is often stated that "legal" immigrants are fine, but "illegal" immigrants are bad.

This, of course, misses the point. The question still remains: which immigrants ought to be considered legal and which illegal? What ought to be the standard of determining legality?

The History of "Undesirable" Migrants

(continued)
https://mises.org/wire/why-quota-system ... mmigration

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:07 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
This is a very good article:

https://www.hoover.org/research/diversi ... mmigration

Quote:
The Diversity of Illegal Immigration

by Victor Davis Hanson
Thursday, August 23, 2018

I live on farm beside a rural avenue in central California, the fifth generation to reside in the same house. And after years of thefts, home break-ins, and dangerous encounters, I have concluded that it is no longer safe to live where I was born. I stay for a while longer because I am sixty-five years old and either too old to move or too worried about selling the final family parcel of what was homesteaded in the 1870s.

Rural Fresno County used to be one of the most ethnically diverse areas in the United States. I grew up with first-, second-, and third-generation farmers—agrarians of Armenian, German, Greek, Mexican, Japanese, Portuguese, Punjabi, and Scandinavian descent.

Race and ethnicity were richly diverse; yet assimilation was the collective shared goal—made easier because immigration was almost entirely a legal and measured enterprise. No one much carried for the superficial appearance of his neighbors. My own Swedish-American family has intermarried with those of Mexican heritage. My neighbor’s grandchildren are part white, Japanese, and Mexican. The creed growing up was that tribal affiliation was incidental, not essential, to character.

Family farming was never an easy enterprise. But an us/them mentality prevailed that united diverse farmers against both human and nature’s challenges. Yet most of those rural families now have all moved away or passed on. Their farms are leased to corporate enterprises and their homes rented to mostly immigrants from Mexico—many of them undocumented. Globalized agribusiness and unchecked illegal immigration, in different ways, combined to change central California and has made living in rural areas no longer safe.

Almost every old farmstead in my vicinity is no longer just a home for a single farm family. They are often now surrounded by trailers and lean-tos, in turn sub-rented out to dozens of others—violations of zoning laws and building codes of the sort that would earn me a stiff fine, but which are of little interest to local authorities. Of three neighboring farmsteads down the road, one is now a storage area for dozens of used porta potties and wrecked cars. Another is an illegal dumping ground. The third has been raided on various occasions by authorities in order to stop drug dealing, gang activity, and prostitution.

Our rural environs are often home to hard-working immigrants, but also to various Mexican gangs, drug dealers, and parolees. I hesitate to offer too many details because in the past I have incurred the anger of dangerous neighbors who got wind of filtered down stories of their criminality. It is enough said that sirens, SWAT teams, and ICE raids are not uncommon.

A month ago a gang member shot up a neighbor’s house. He was arrested, released, and rearrested in a single night after trying twice to break into the home. The armed homeowner stopped his entry. I know of no nearby resident who is not armed. I cannot remember anything remotely similar occurring before 1980. In the 1970s we had no keys to our doors, and houses were permanently unlocked.

Some of those with criminal records and gang affiliations were born in the United States. Perhaps America often does not seem as much a promised land to the second generation as it did to their parents, who arrived destitute from impoverished Oaxaca, Chiapas, and Central America. Arriving from one of the poorest regions in the world to one of the wealthiest and most culturally different— without the competitive requisites of English, legality, and a high-school diploma—in an era when the salad bowl is preferable to the melting pot, can easily result in the frequent chaos described below.

I object most to the environmental damage in our rural areas. By that I mean the tossing of household waste or even toxic chemicals onto farmland. Staged cock- and dog-fighting is also not uncommon. I have found a few carcasses ripped to shreds, some with ropes around the dead dogs’ neck.

Picking up tossed junk in my orchard is a routine experience. The perpetrators often leave plastic bags of their bulk mail (with incriminating addresses!) among soiled diapers and wet garbage. Local authorities have enough to do without hunting down dumpers to cite them for their antigreen habits.

Every once in a while amateur and illegal collectors, who freelance for immigrant households that do not pay for “supposedly” mandated county garbage pick-ups, will come in at night with panel trucks and trailers. They dump literally tons of garbage such as mattresses, sofas, TVs, appliances, tires, junk mail, and car seats on alleyways and in vineyards.

Not long ago someone jettisoned in our vineyard hundreds of used florescent light bulbs, about 100 paint cans, and fifty-gallon drums of used oil and chemicals. Needles and drug paraphernalia are not uncommon. I’ve seen about five stripped-down cars abandoned on our property after being stolen. Last summer a huge semi-truck was left on our alleyway, picked cleaned down to the chassis.

I used to ride a bicycle in our environs. I quit for a variety of reasons.

If one is bit by unlicensed and unvaccinated roaming dogs— and there are many out here— and if their masters do not speak English or do not have legal status, then a nightmare follows of trying to get authorities to find the dogs and impound them before the owners or the dogs disappear. It is up to the bitten whether the decision to play the odds and not get painful, and sometimes dangerous, rabies shots is prudent or suicidal. As a doctor put it to me when I was bitten: “Rabid dogs are almost unheard of in the United States, but I have no idea of what is true of Mexico. Your call.”

Less dramatically, I got tired of watching local canteen trucks drive out on our rural roads, pull their drainage plugs, and dump cooking waste or toss leftovers on the road.

Sometimes there is more comedy than melodrama out in rural Fresno County. About two months I noticed that a number of my roadside cypress trees seemed ailing. I tried gopher bait, given what I thought were strange burrows near the trunks.

Then one evening I heard voices near the trees. Two immigrants, neither speaking English, were digging with hand-held hoes for what they said were hongos. They produced a large clear plastic bag that instead seemed full, of all things, harvested truffles—which I had never seen or heard of in the area.

I couldn’t figure out whether the forest humus ground up from fallen Sierra trees I had purchased, or the roots of the cypresses themselves, had spawned truffles— or whether they were even truffles or perhaps some sort of strange looking subterranean tree growths or mushrooms. In broken Spanish, I politely asked that they not periodically dig up my tree cypress-tree roots but could sell their already collected hongos in their bags at the local swap meet as they said they had intended. We left amicably enough.

On lots of occasions, drivers (almost always on Sunday afternoons) have veered off the road, torn out vines or trees, left their wrecked vehicles, and run away. Authorities belatedly arrive and explain there is no valid registration, insurance, or known licensed driver to be found—but that the damage in the thousands of dollars cannot be mitigated by selling the abandoned car, which must be impounded.

Identity theft is a problem. The IRS has reported over one million cases of likely illegal immigrants using false or multiple identities. Once I went online and discovered my checking account was suddenly in arrears by several thousand dollars. When I pulled up the cancelled checks, I saw perfect replicas of my own, with the proper bank and router numbers in the lower left corner of the checks—but at top with the name and address of a different person and with the reverse of the check stamped with his ID at a local Spanish-language market. The bank said I could call police investigators or simply file a claim that it would quickly cover. And it did. I have not written a local check to any person or business since.

Continued below due to length

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:08 am 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
Hot pursuit by local authorities that blast into private driveways is scary. On one occasion the sheriffs and police lost their fleeing target (who later turned out to be a felon with arrest warrants) and gave up the chase. An hour later in the dead of night I heard the accomplice near our patio. He had apparently jumped out the passenger door of the car and hid under our pecan tree. I held him at gunpoint until the flummoxed authorities returned.

When my daughter was thirteen, she and I were broadsided in our pickup by a driver who ran a stop sign. I called the local police. We were bruised but not hurt; the truck dented but drivable. She waited behind the pickup as I chased the driver who had fled on foot from his overturned car. I caught him just when the police arrived.

Rural Central California is sort of ground zero for illegal immigration and its auxiliary effects. From experience, I can attest that the vast majority of illegal aliens are fine people, hard-working, and whose first and second offenses of entering and residing illegally in the United States were not followed by third and fourth acts of criminality.

Certainly after twenty-one years of teaching Latin, Greek, and humanities to immigrants at CSU Fresno, both legal and illegal, I believed that the melting pot can still work and most Hispanic arrivals integrate, assimilate, and intermarry with increasingly frequency despite the often-shrill protestations of campus identity politics advocates.

But the numbers of illegal immigrants have become so large—ranging from an estimated 11–20 million now residing in the United States—that both pessimism and optimism are now warranted. If only ten percent have criminal records or inordinately break laws, then the good news is that many millions more are likely working and crime free. The bad news is that somewhere between one and two million have entered our country illegally and repaid that generosity with criminality or ID theft or fraud.

Our local town has erected a sort of clannish statue of the Aztec goddess Coatlicue, the mother snake goddess to whom thousands were sacrificed, with the ill-fitting caption Viva La Raza (literally, “long live the race”). But I think most of our town’s overwhelming Mexican-American and Mexican population are about as indifferent to it as my Swedish ancestors’ children in the nearby town of Kingsburg are oblivious to various Swedish totems (although none of them are emblazoned with Viva ett ras!).

The tragedy of illegal immigration is that it did not have to be this way. Legal, measured, meritocratic, and diverse immigration leads to rapid assimilation and Americanization and enriches the country culturally and economically.

Its antithesis—illegal, mass, non-meritocratic, and non-diverse immigration—hinders the melting pot. It fuels tribalism, while incurring vast costs in social services to ensure some sort of parity for those from impoverished southern Mexico and Central America. The wages of our citizen working poor and their access to needed social services are not helped by thousands of new arrivals without legality and English.

Yet illegal immigration in such numbers certainly empowers a host of special interests. So it continues. Employers prefer cheap labor and often worry little about the social consequences of their workers once they age, have families, or become ill or injured.

Ethnic activists seem energized when their constituents assimilate slowly and require collective representation.

The Democratic Party has learned that the blue-ing of California, Colorado, Nevada, and New Mexico is a paradigm of how to flip Arizona and Texas.

The Mexican government counts on billions in annual remittances from mostly illegal immigrants in the United States who serve as a safety valve for Mexico City to defer needed social and economic change. (In the first eleven months of 2017 Mexicans living abroad sent home $26.1 billion, most of it from north of the border.) The expatriate community in the United States seems to grow fonder of Mexico the farther it is distant.

A final note. Most who write of the positives of open borders and the supposed nativism and xenophobia of those who worry about illegal immigration choose not to experience firsthand the concrete consequences of their own advocacies. By that I mean that despite virtue-signaling, their children rarely attend impacted public schools. They do not socialize or live next to illegal immigrants. And to the degree that they interact with the undocumented, it is mostly as employers to landscapers, housekeepers, nannies, servers, and cooks who magically disappear after work.

In contrast, many of those who are worried most about illegal immigration are often now second- and third-generation Mexican Americans whose schools, neighborhoods, and social services are increasingly in crisis due to the sheer number of those who have arrived without legality, a high school diploma, and English but in sore need of government help.

Much of what we read about illegal immigration seems to have little to do with the reality of those most directly influenced by it.

t’s no coincidence that Fresno County native Victor Davis Hanson is descended from a long line of raisin farmers: California raisin growers produce 100% of the US raisin crop within a sixty-mile radius of the city of Fresno (“raisin” comes from the Latin racemes, which translates to “cluster of grapes or berries”). As far as top cash crops are concerned, almonds and raisins rule supreme in Fresno County.

In post-Civil War California, Armenians descended from the founders of vineyards in Persia migrated to the San Joaquin Valley. Legend has it that California’s first raisin crop occurred by happenstance, not agricultural planning—a heat wave struck before harvest, killing grapes on the vine before farmers couple pluck them. As proof that times change and so too does culture: in today’s society, raisins are synonymous with bran and bread. The Greeks used raisin crops to decorate temples; Hannibal fed them to his troops; Romans used them as a barter currency (legend has it two jars of raisins could be traded for one slave), a cure for mushroom-poisoning, and a payment for taxes. Good luck selling that to the IRS.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:09 am 
Sergeant Major

https://www.breitbart.com/big-governmen ... -deported/

Quote:
Sanctuary State Illinois: Illegal Alien Convicted of Raping Three Women After Failing to Be Deported

An illegal alien who failed to be deported in 2012 was convicted and sentenced this week for the rape of two women and a third, now deceased, whom he admitted to raping.

Miguel Luna, a 37-year-old illegal alien from Mexico, was sentenced to 80 years in prison after being convicted of raping two women in 2015 and 2016, according to the Chicago Tribune. A third woman whom the illegal alien raped has since died, though prosecutors revealed evidence showing Luna admitting to the rape.

Luna had an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) final order for removal placed on him in 2012 before the rapes occurred, but the deportation order was never honored. Illinois is, for the most part, a sanctuary state where illegal aliens are protected from being deported.

Judge David Carlson laid into the illegal alien as he passed down the 80-year prison sentence.

“You were free to do these acts … whether through misguided political correctness or people who do not believe in laws or borders,” Carlson told Luna, according to the Chicago Tribune.

“One thing I can do with the sentence is show that the laws we believe in here, maybe this won’t happen again, maybe that’s a little bit of closure,” Carlson said.

The illegal alien is mandated to serve at least 85 percent of his prison sentence and he must register as a sex offender should he ever be released from prison.

You can read Senor Luna's excuse for why he raped these women in a Chicago Tribune article on this:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/d ... tory.html#

He ruined the lives of 3 women, and the lives of their families and loved ones.

If only he had been deported back in......

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:27 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://www.dailywire.com/news/35360/ms ... n-saavedra

Quote:
MS-13 Thug Breaks Into Window, Rapes Young Girl, Police Say

ByRYAN SAAVEDRA

September 2, 2018

New York law enforcement officials say that last week an immigrant from El Salvador broke into a window and raped an 11-year-old girl, who screamed in horror for help.

The New York Post reports that suspect Julio Cesar Ayala, 18, allegedly climbed onto the roof where the girl lived, pushed an air conditioning unit through the window, entered the girl's home, and began raping her as she slept in her bed.

Ayala ran out the window once the girl began screaming for her mother, who immediately called 911.

Police were able to track the suspect down through the use of video surveillance, and on Saturday morning, approximately 30 police officers converged on a building that was under construction, where the suspect was hiding.

As police arrested Ayala and escorted him out from the building a large crowd had gathered who began shouting and screaming at him over the horrifying attack.

The Post added that authorities believe that Ayala is a member of MS-13.

NBC New York noted that Ayala was charged with "rape, sex-motivated burglary, criminal sexual act, sexual abuse and acting in a manner injurious to a child."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:44 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/271230 ... illingsley

Quote:
MASSIVE MS-13 BUST IN CALIFORNIA

Establishment media ignores the story - and California Democrats seek to avoid “labels” for violent criminal illegals.

September 4, 2018 Lloyd Billingsley

“Murder, violent assaults and drug trafficking among charges against alleged MS-13 members,” read the Fresno Bee headline last week. The story got little attention at the national level, despite the gravity and scope of the crimes. According to Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims, the investigation began with 14 homicides in the town of Mendota and in Fresno County between 2015 and 2017.

“The homicides are extremely violent in nature,” Mims said in the press conference. “Most as a result of hacking injuries” and knife attacks. Police confiscated seven guns, 57 knives, 10 machetes, and 270 rounds of ammunition. The investigation eventually covered at least 30 homicides in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Houston and New York City.

“The investigation uncovered a wide range of criminal activity, including murder, violent assaults and drug trafficking by MS-13 cells operating in and around Mendota and Los Angeles,” U.S. Attorney McGregor W. Scott told reporters.

“MS-13 members were using the remote area of our county as an extension of their larger operation in Los Angeles,” Fresno County District Attorney Lisa Smittcamp said, “and created a home base to continue to operate their unlawful activities while ingraining themselves in our community.” A full 25 members of the MS-13 gang, ages 18 to 31, face charges for murder, violent assaults and drug trafficking, but it wasn’t just a local or California issue.

“MS-13 is a brutal transnational criminal organization that has wreaked havoc in communities across the United States,” Assistant Attorney General Benczkowski explained at the Fresno press conference. “The gang engages in indiscriminate and senseless acts of violence,” Benczkowski said, and “dismantling MS-13 and other violent gangs that terrorize our streets will remain a top priority of the Department of Justice.”

The massive MS-13 bust prompted no statement from California Democrat Nancy Pelosi. In May of 2017, after President Trump denounced the gang’s bestial attacks, Pelosi invoked their “spark of divinity” as well as their “dignity and worth.” For ProPublica reporter Hanna Dreier, the MS-13 members “are working after-school jobs, they’re living with their parents, they get around Long Island on bicycles because they can’t afford cars.”

California governor Jerry Brown, a three-time failed contender for president, is on record that “Donald Trump is lying on immigration, lying about crime and lying about the laws of CA.” The Fresno MS-13 bust prompted no statement from the recurring governor, but Brown’s attorney general Xavier Becerra duly showed up at the press conference.

“When you talk about maiming human life, scarring them to the point that you don’t recognize them, I don’t know if you would call them human beings,” Becerra said, adding that his office’s operations are not based on “labels.” Even so, “If you want to commit a crime in California, we will find you,” said Becerra, and “especially if you want to terrorize our families and our communities, we will get you.” In Fresno and across the state, Californians had grounds for doubt.

In 2017, California sued the Trump administration 24 times and Becerra supports the state’s sanctuary law. The attorney general fines and prosecutes employers who tell federal officials about false-documented illegals. In similar style, Tani Cantil-Sakauye, chief justice of the California Supreme Court, has accused ICE of “stalking” criminal illegals in courthouses. California senator Kamala Harris is notably hostile to ICE and other Democrats want to abolish the federal agency.

Department of Justice and Homeland Security officials gave no indication of the MS-13 members’ immigration status. On the other hand, Californians might wonder how members of a murderous criminal gang entered the country in the first place and have managed to avoid arrest and deportation.

California Democrats claim their sanctuary law does not protect violent criminals but attorney general Xavier Becerra has made no effort to have MS-13 members deported. Last week’s bust, he said, was not based on “status,” only “criminal conduct.”

It also failed to emerge how many of the MS-13 members have received California driver’s licenses, which since 2015 automatically registers them to vote. In the sanctuary state of California, more than one million illegals are already registered to vote and maybe MS-13 gang members will be among those heading to the polls in November. As a State Department investigation shows, false-documented illegals have been voting in local, state and federal elections for decades.

Xavier Becerra, on the November ballot to retain his attorney general post, was once on Hillary Clinton’s short list as a running mate. As head of the Congressional Democratic Caucus, Becerra controlled the server where Pakistan-born IT man Imran Awan, who worked for DNC boss Debbie Wasserman Schultz, stashed sensitive data he lifted from House Democrats on key committees.

When capitol police requested the data, they got only a fake image. After the scandal broke, Becerra abandoned his seat and returned to California, where Jerry Brown appointed him attorney general.

Back in Washington, POTUS 44 judge Tanya Chutkan saw to it that nothing emerged about the IT scandal and Becerra’s handling of the server. Chutkan repeatedly delayed the trial and recently let Awan off with three months supervised release.

His Clinton crony lawyer Christopher Gowen told reporters Awan might seek a new start in Silicon Valley, California. Maybe attorney general Xavier Becerra will give the IT man a government job.

ABOUT LLOYD BILLINGSLEY
Lloyd Billingsley is the author of the new crime book, Lethal Injections: Elizabeth Tracy Mae Wettlaufer, Canada’s Serial Killer Nurse, and the recently updated Barack ‘em Up: A Literary Investigation.

Wonder if any of the arrested either had "Dreamer" status or had previously been locally arrrested but not reported to ICE?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:27 pm 
Sergeant Major

Surprise! Surprise!:

https://www.breitbart.com/big-governmen ... -estimate/

Quote:
Ivy League Study: Illegal Population is 22 Million, Double Estb. Estimate

The population of illegal migrants is roughly 22 million, or twice the establishment estimate of 11 million, say three professors from Yale University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

The shocking estimate will force establishment politicians and pro-migration advocates to recalculate the estimated impact of the huge illegal population on wages and salaries, on crime rates, welfare consumption, rental and real-estate prices, productivity rates, and the distribution of job-creating investment funds to coastal vs. heartland states.

The higher illegal population estimate helps explain why Americans’ wages and salaries have risen so little amid apparently record-low unemployment rates, and it also undercuts companies’ loud demands for yet more immigration of foreign workers, consumers, and renters.

The population estimate also raises the political and economic stakes of any amnesty legislation. In 2014, public opposition blocked the bipartisan, establishment, media-boosted Gang of Eight bill, which claimed to offer an amnesty to just 11 million migrants. Currently, advocates for a ‘Dream Act’ amnesty claim it will provide green cards to roughly 3 million sons and daughters of illegal immigrants.

The new estimate also bolsters President Donald Trump’s demand that reluctant GOP and hostile Democratic legislators fund a border wall.

“Our purpose is to provide better information,” said Jonathan Feinstein, an economics professor at Yale. In a video statement, he defended the estimate from likely critics, saying it is an expert analysis, not a political project:

This paper is not oriented towards politics or policy. I want to be very clear. This paper is about coming up with a better estimate of an important number, and we are really trying in this paper to keep away from making any statements about how that could or should be used. It is just a paper to help the debate be organized around some better information, which in my opinion is a good thing to do. I think the debate should always be centered around the best information we can develop.

The academics expected their techniques to show the population is smaller than the consensus estimate of 11.3 million. “Our original idea was just to do a sanity check on the existing number,” said Edward Kaplan, operations research professor at Yale. “Instead of a number which was smaller, we got a number that was 50 percent higher. That caused us to scratch our heads.”

Operations research is a skill that extracts accurate estimates from scraps of data. It began in World War II when academics were enlisted to help track Nazi U-boats and weapons-production. For example, the academics used scraps of information to conclude that the Nazis produced 270 Panther tanks in February 1944. After the war, captured factory data showed the production of 276 Panthers in that month.

“We have a conservative estimate that the number is at least 16.7 million,” said Edward Kaplan, an operations research professor at Yale. The study used “over 1 million scenarios accounting for all of the variability in the various parameters that we need for this model [and] on average, we’re estimating something like 22 million undocumented immigrants in the United States.”

The study says:

The figure [below] also shows our conservative estimate of 16.7 million in Red, and the most widely accepted estimate heretofore of 11.3 million in Blue on the far left. We note that this last estimate is for 2015, but should be comparable since both the estimates based on the survey approach and our modeling approach indicate that the number of undocumented immigrants has remained relatively constant in recent years. Finally, the mean estimate of 22.1 million is shown in black in the center of the distribution.

The new estimate uses new sources of data, such as the fingerprints of migrants caught at the Mexican border, said Mohammad Fazel‐Zarandi, a senior lecturer at the MIT Sloan School of Management. In contrast, the current estimate of 11.3 million is based on the Census Bureau’s annual American Community Survey. “It’s been the only method used for the last three decades,” says Fazel‐Zarandi.

The illegal population is higher than expected because more migrants crowded into the United States during the cheap-labor policies of Presidents’ George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush, the researchers said.

The inflow leveled off in 2008 once the economy crashed when millions of new migrants and poor Americans were unable to pay their rising mortgage costs.

The existing population of illegals tends to decline as many die of natural causes, or return home, or get “Adjustment of Status” to become legal residents. But the population is being kept level because new migrants — especially foreigners who overstay their visas or who migrate from Central America — offset the natural decline.

The Yale study goes up to 2016, and so does not offer 2017 and 2018 numbers. Many new migrants are overstaying their visas and sneaking across the borders, but President Donald Trump has tightened border defenses against overstays and border-crossers.

The Yale study complements the Census Bureau’s new estimate of the nation’s population and workforce. The bureau concluded the nation has been enlarged by 44.5 million legal or illegal immigrants, plus 17 million children of legal immigrants. Together, the new estimates conclude that the nation’s has a record-breaking foreign-born population of 55 million migrants.

That number is roughly 16.9 percent of the population, or roughly one person six living in the United States.

The study does not examine the number of illegal white-collar workers. That calculation is difficult because academics have not even counted the number of resident white-collar visa-workers, such as L-1 and H-1B visa holders. Breitbart News estimates that U.S. companies employ roughly 1.5 million white-collar visa workers in jobs that are sought by U.S. college graduates.

Four million young Americans will join the workforce this year, but the federal government will also import 1.1 million legal immigrants, and allows an army of at least 2 million blue-collar and white-collar visa-workers to work U.S. jobs, alongside asylum-claiming migrants and illegal aliens.

Overall, the Washington-imposed economic policy of economic growth via immigration shifts wealth from young people towards older people by flooding the market with cheap white-collar and blue-collar foreign labor.

That flood of outside labor spikes profits and Wall Street values by cutting salaries for manual and skilled labor offered by blue-collar and white-collar employees. The policy also drives up real estate prices, widens wealth-gaps, reduces high-tech investment, increases state and local tax burdens, hurts kids’ schools and college education, pushes Americans away from high-tech careers, and sidelines at least 5 million marginalized Americans and their families, including many who are now struggling with opioid addictions. Immigration also pulls investment and wealth away from heartland states because investment flows towards the large immigrant populations living in the coastal states.

Here is another article in a Yale publication regarding this:

https://insights.som.yale.edu/insights/ ... -estimates

Hasn't Doggie been saying for years that there are something like 50 million illegals in the US?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://www.breitbart.com/news/dhs-rule ... ssistance/

Quote:
Sept. 22 (UPI) — The Trump administration on Saturday proposed a rule that immigrants who are in the United States legally, as well as those wanting to come to the country, may be denied visas or green cards if they have ever used public assistance.

Current U.S. immigration laws limit those who are likely to be dependent on financial aid. That ruling, known as a “public charge,” began in the 1800s as a way to deny immigrants entry to the United States if they were likely to become a drain on the economy.

The proposal announced Saturday by the Department of Homeland Security would deny immigrants who have ever used Section 8 housing vouchers, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), and other “non-cash” forms of public assistance such as Medicaid Part D.

Continued at above link

This sort of rule should have been in place long ago.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:26 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 16468
There are that many in California alone. I have been to all 48 states and every construction site is swarming with wetbacks.

They were zero percent of the NC population in 1990; now they're 25 percent. They might as well rename Raleigh New Tijuana.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:21 am 
Sergeant Major

https://www.breitbart.com/texas/2018/09 ... r-in-2018/

Quote:
650 Bangladeshi Nationals Arrested in Single Texas Border Sector in 2018

By Bob Price

25 Sep 2018

Laredo Sector Border Patrol agents arrested 650 Bangladeshi nationals this fiscal year. The number could hit near 700 by the end of the month–which concludes Fiscal Year 2018.

Laredo Sector agents arrested four who illegally crossed the border on September 21 near the Masterson area of Laredo, Texas. The agents processed the migrants and learned they are illegal immigrants who traveled to the U.S. from Bangladesh, according to Laredo Sector Border Patrol officials.

Four hours later, the agents came upon four additional migrants who crossed the Rio Grande River border from Mexico into the River Hill subdivision. An immigration inspection revealed the four were also from Bangladesh, officials stated.

In total, the agents arrested eight Bangladeshi nationals on September 21, bringing the total for the fiscal year to 650.

Earlier this month, Breitbart Texas reported that Laredo Sector agents apprehended more than 100 Bangladeshi nationals in a three-week period. That brought the total to 622 as of September 7. During the ensuing three weeks, agents arrested 28 more.

By the year’s end on September 30, officials anticipate the number could rise to nearly 700.

Throughout the year, officials reported that most of the apprehended Bangladeshi nationals were adult males between the ages of 18 and 35. Recently, agents observed some unaccompanied minors and family units as well. Officials stated that the Bangladeshis will pay as much as $27,000 each for the smuggling trip that leads from their home country to South or Central America–northward through Mexico to the U.S. border, mostly in the Laredo Sector.

“When you have countries like Bangladesh that have had potential ties to terrorism in the past — well, these folks that are coming from that country, what is their intent when they are crossing into the United States illegally?” Laredo Sector Acting Chief Patrol Agent Jason D. Owens told Breitbart Texas during a phone interview earlier this year. “What is their ultimate destination? What is their goal?”

Bob Price serves as associate editor and senior political news contributor for Breitbart Texas. He is a founding member of the Breitbart Texas team. Follow him on Twitter @BobPriceBBTX and Facebook.

The distance between Bangladesh and Laredo, TX is roughly 8,900 miles (14,300 km).

Build the wall.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 137  Next