maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Crusade continues - illegal immigration
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:29 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 12552
Quote:
... If I'm the Governor of Texas I would not send unless they were armed ...

What if you're the Governor of California !!?? :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:42 am 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 8960
jwilkerson wrote:
Quote:
... If I'm the Governor of Texas I would not send unless they were armed ...

Well if I had been elected Governor of California I would probably send the Guard down there to hand out soymilk and nonfat, sugarless cookies along with maps to all the best tax supported shelters where the could find the forms and help to apply for government aid.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:58 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 16172
nelmsm wrote:
to hand out soymilk

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:36 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19649
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/migrant-ca ... us-border/

Quote:
AP April 19, 2018, 6:51 AM

Remnants of migrant caravan resume trek to U.S. border

MEXICO CITY -- The remnants of a migrant caravan of Central Americans that angered President Donald Trump continued their journey north through Mexico toward the U.S. border Wednesday. Organizer Irineo Mujica, speaking from the western Mexico city of Guadalajara, said about 500 migrants had been riding trains north since departing Mexico City last weekend. The caravan that left the Guatemala-Mexico border in late March grew to more than 1,000 migrants who found safety travelling in numbers.

In Mexico City, Mujica had said the capital was the caravan's last official stop, but many of the migrants feared going solo on the dangerous final leg north and decided to keep travelling en masse. Some who had split off to press on alone reported back about kidnappings and having their papers for safe passage torn up.

"That caused the group to regroup," he said.

Mujica said they were headed for Tijuana, where about half planned to go to the border to request asylum in the U.S.

Mr. Trump had railed against the caravan, even threatening the renegotiation of the North American Free Trade Agreement if Mexico did not stop its progress. The majority were Hondurans fleeing gang violence and the instability that followed the contested re-election of President Juan Orlando Hernandez.

Mr. Trump also threatened U.S. aid to Honduras in a tweet and announced that he was calling for a deployment of the National Guard to the border.

When the caravan shrank, Mr. Trump struck a more conciliatory tone crediting the Mexican government's enforcement of immigration laws. For the most part, Mexican authorities issued transit papers to those migrants who wished to request asylum in the U.S. and started paperwork for those who wanted to stay in Mexico.

The caravan is an annual, symbolic event held around Easter each year to raise awareness about the plight of migrants. It historically does not go all the way to the border and that was not the original plan this year, Mujica said.

It's a good thing that the National Guard is on its way to the border to help out ICE.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:25 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 17177
nelmsm wrote:
jwilkerson wrote:

Well if I had been elected Governor of California I would probably send the Guard down there to hand out soymilk and nonfat, sugarless cookies along with maps to all the best tax supported shelters where the could find the forms and help to apply for government aid.

Hahhahahhaaa!

HHaHAAHAA!

Great post. Sarcasm 10/10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:34 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://www.buzzfeed.com/adolfoflores/t ... .heeEa62QL

Quote:
The Central American Caravan That Angered Trump Is Nearing The US Border Now

The arrival of the group, made up primarily of Central Americans, will set up a confrontation over US asylum laws.

Posted on April 24, 2018, at 1:43 p.m.
Adolfo Flores
Adolfo Flores
BuzzFeed News Reporter
Mexicali, Mexico
Reporting From
Mexicali, Mexico

A migrant caravan that began its journey through Mexico a month ago is nearing the US border, where its arrival will set up a confrontation between the Trump administration's anti-immigration policies and US laws that require the United States to grant asylum to people with valid persecution claims.

A group of women and children from the migrant caravan are expected to arrive in Mexicali, on the Mexican side of the US border, sometime Tuesday after an overnight bus trip from Hermosillo, in Mexico's Sonora state.

While media attention to the caravan has dropped in recent weeks, the Trump administration has been keeping a watchful eye on the caravan's progress. Kirstjen Nielsen, secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, said Monday that her agency was monitoring "the remnants" of the caravan.

“If members of the ‘caravan’ enter the country illegally, they will be referred for prosecution for illegal entry in accordance with existing law," Nielsen said in a statement. "For those seeking asylum, all individuals may be detained while their claims are adjudicated efficiently and expeditiously, and those found not to have a claim will be promptly removed from the United States."

Attorney General Jeff Sessions also issued a statement Monday, saying the migrants and "their smugglers" had ignored the willingness of the Mexican government to allow them to stay in Mexico.

"Our nation has the most generous immigration system in the world, but this is a deliberate attempt to undermine our laws and overwhelm our system. There is no right to demand entry without justification," Sessions said in a statement. “Promoting and enforcing the rule of law is essential to protecting a nation, its borders, and its citizens. But, as President Trump has warned, the need to fix these loopholes and weaknesses in our immigration system is critical and overdue."

That statement was countered by Amnesty International Tuesday morning, which pointed out that "seeking asylum is not a crime in the USA or anywhere."

"The efforts of US officials to tarnish asylum seekers as criminals are cynical fabrications that ring hollow,” the statement said, attributing the comment to Erika Guevara Rosas, the group's Americas director.

Officials of Pueblos Sin Fronteras, the volunteer group that organized the caravan, have said throughout the journey that migrants have the right to ask the US for asylum and that the United States must grant them the opportunity to do so.

Alex Mensing, an organizer with Pueblos Sin Fronteras, said the right to refuge is established in US law.

Tweets:

Alex Mensing
@alex_mensing
3 Apr
People are fleeing Central America because they are in danger. It’s not just on them to “fix their countries” because US policies for decades have supported violent repressive dictatorships there, including recent support for the Honduran coups.

Alex Mensing
@alex_mensing
The right to seek refuge is established in US law (asylum process begins with getting to the US, w/ Title 8 Sec. 1225 USC), in Mexican law & international law. The US & MX asylum systems are punitive, unfair & underfunded. Indefinite immigration detention is torturous & inhumane.

5:21 PM - Apr 3, 2018

The first group of migrants to arrive at the border will be housed at Hotel Migrante, just yards from the US border. The two-story building, which takes up almost an entire block, is able to house hundreds of migrants and sits above a bar and restaurant.

Sergio Tamai, director of Hotel Migrante and Angeles Sin Fronteras, a migrant aid group, said they were more than willing and able to house the migrants. They were also preparing for more people to come later in the day or Wednesday.

He said the group had been told to expect 250 people Tuesday on buses, and that another 400 people who are traveling atop trains should arrive shortly after. The hotel, he said, could accommodate as many as 600; the overflow can easily be accommodated at other nearby locations, he said.

On Tuesday morning, he was yelling at volunteers to start blocking off parking spaces in front of the building for expected government vehicles, while a woman ran upstairs with her arms weighed down with blankets.

Tamai said it's important for Mexicans to help Central Americans making the trek through their country.

"How can we support an immigration system that forces people to hide and jump on trains where they're attacked and assaulted," Tamai told BuzzFeed News.

The Trump administration had claimed a victory after the caravan was stopped in Oaxaca by Mexican immigration authorities who said they were going to disband it after giving people documents that gave them permission to remain in Mexico for up to 30 days.

The caravan, however, did not disband and left Mexico City with about 600 people who were headed to the US or northern parts of Mexico. There appeared to be no efforts by the Mexican government to stop the caravan after it left Mexico City.

Trump renewed calls for Mexico to stop the caravan and for funding for his border wall.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Mexico, whose laws on immigration are very tough, must stop people from going through Mexico and into the U.S. We may make this a condition of the new NAFTA Agreement. Our Country cannot accept what is happening! Also, we must get Wall funding fast.

9:51 AM - Apr 23, 2018

This is quickly coming to a head...

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:38 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 17177
chijohnaok wrote:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/adolfoflores/the-central-american-caravan-that-angered-trump-is-nearing?utm_term=.doQjgbV6M#.heeEa62QL

This is quickly coming to a head...

Just what Soros, and his Open Border Globalist pals, wanted and paid for.

If a chunk of people march to the border and our gov't lets them in, then it may start yet another illegal immigrant spike.

If they get booted out, then we can be sure that the Propagandocrat Media will be sure to scream 'racist nazi Trump' to their brainwashed followers even more, and attempt to sway a few naive folks. If it's possible to increase their already steady frequency of crying racist/fascist (it's like listening to some of Nero's lazy drive-by troll posts! :lol: ). All that despite foreigners having no right to demand entry, benefits, and a path to citizenship by showing up at our border.

Seems like Trump is going to do the right thing and send them packing. I'm always a bit concerned about him getting soft when it comes to people getting their children to act pitiful in order to manipulate, however. I think that's his weak spot and, apparently, those who have been organizing and driving the globalista herd do too since we're now seeing claims it's all "women and children". :roll:

Make no mistake, this is an obvious power play by Open Border type globalists. They're looking to get some kind of win, whether by getting us to bend, or by getting a tertiary win from the crying media to parade before their devotees.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:50 pm 
Sergeant Major

I realize that the State of California, and many of its cities will not allow/discourage their law enforcement agencies with cooperating with ICE/BP with regards to illegal aliens.

I wonder if we can at least get them to agree that local law enforcement should not be smuggling illegal aliens into the country?

Quote:
LAPD Officer Arrested For Trying To Smuggle Immigrants Across Border

April 26, 2018 at 8:55 pm

SAN DIEGO (CBSLA) — A Los Angeles police officer has been arrested on federal charges alleging he tried to smuggle two illegal immigrants into the United States this week in southeastern San Diego County.

Mambasse Koulabalo Patara has been charged with violating immigration laws, according to a federal complaint filed Wednesday.

Continued at above link

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:31 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 12552
I wonder who first smuggled in moambassa ??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
nelmsm wrote:
[

:lol: :lol: :lol: "hand out soymilk" Hory crap, that is funny!

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121  Next