maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 128  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Crusade continues - illegal immigration
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:06 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Those who want to give the Dreamers amnesty should whip out their checkbooks for it

https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2 ... llion-cbo/

Quote:
Legalizing ‘Dreamers’ would cost $26 billion: CBO

Dreamers would sponsor 80,000 more people in ‘chain migration’

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Friday, December 15, 2017

Legalizing 2 million illegal immigrant “Dreamers” would cost the government $25.9 billion over the next decade, as those now-legal people would claim more tax, education and other benefits they haven’t been able to get before, the Congressional Budget Office said Friday.

The CBO also said newly legalized Dreamers would sponsor 80,000 more immigrants to enter the country as part of “chain migration.”

Immigrant-rights activists have argued that legalizing Dreamers would be a financial boon to the country, but the CBO and the Joint Committee on Taxation suggested otherwise, saying that while they would pay somewhat higher taxes in to the government, they would take far more out of it.

The findings could be a blow to activists who have demanded the bill be included in any year-end spending deal. Congress already struggles to find offsets for other spending, and digging a hole more than $25 billion deeper could be difficult.

“In total, CBO and JCT estimate that changes in direct spending and revenues from enacting [the bill] would increase budget deficits by $25.9 billion over the 2018-2027 period,” the budget analysts said in their analysis.

The CBO said there are between 11 million and 12 million illegal immigrants in the U.S. now, and some 3.25 million of those would be eligible for the Dream Act.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:29 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 16218

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:46 am 
Sergeant Major

Jorge "el Chapo" Ramos is having a bad year.....ahhh...the poor dear.

Quote:
By Kathleen Krumhansl and Ken Oliver | December 20, 2017 8:34 PM EST

Nearly a year into the Trump presidency, Univision anchor Jorge Ramos says he’s experiencing “the worst moment I’ve had in the 34 years I’ve been living in the United States.”

“With Donald Trump there, I have never been treated so badly. I have never been insulted so much. We’ve never been attacked so much. They have never tried to run us out as much as now,” Ramos vented in an interview with the Spanish radio network Cadena SER.

Ramos, who proclaimed himself “if not an enemy, an opponent” of Trump in the interview, complained about the massive blowback he has received since deciding to use his media platforms to openly oppose the choice of over 62 million American voters in last year’s U.S. presidential election.

“Now the social media networks are terrible,” Ramos told his Spanish radio interviewer, Javier del Pino. “Before if someone wanted to insult you, they had to do it in person or by sending you an anonymous letter. Now they do it through the social media networks and the daily insults – you can enter my Facebook or Twitter – and they are there all the time,” lamented Ramos.

In the interview, Ramos continues to contend that Trump “was speaking about me” “he insulted me” along with the entire immigrant community in the U.S. on June 16, 2015 when during his presidential campaign announcement speech Trump slammed the lax border security that had permitted criminal elements from Mexico and other countries to illegally enter the United States.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:18 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
Jorge "el Chapo" Ramos is having a bad year.....ahhh...the poor dear.

Quote:
By Kathleen Krumhansl and Ken Oliver | December 20, 2017 8:34 PM EST

Nearly a year into the Trump presidency, Univision anchor Jorge Ramos says he’s experiencing “the worst moment I’ve had in the 34 years I’ve been living in the United States.”

“With Donald Trump there, I have never been treated so badly. I have never been insulted so much. We’ve never been attacked so much. They have never tried to run us out as much as now,” Ramos vented in an interview with the Spanish radio network Cadena SER.

Ramos, who proclaimed himself “if not an enemy, an opponent” of Trump in the interview, complained about the massive blowback he has received since deciding to use his media platforms to openly oppose the choice of over 62 million American voters in last year’s U.S. presidential election.

“Now the social media networks are terrible,” Ramos told his Spanish radio interviewer, Javier del Pino. “Before if someone wanted to insult you, they had to do it in person or by sending you an anonymous letter. Now they do it through the social media networks and the daily insults – you can enter my Facebook or Twitter – and they are there all the time,” lamented Ramos.

In the interview, Ramos continues to contend that Trump “was speaking about me” “he insulted me” along with the entire immigrant community in the U.S. on June 16, 2015 when during his presidential campaign announcement speech Trump slammed the lax border security that had permitted criminal elements from Mexico and other countries to illegally enter the United States.

Poor little Jorge.

He publicly announces himself as an "opponent" of Trump (or anyone for that matter), then he should expect some blowback.

Jorge exercised his right to free speech and Trump (and anyone else) who respond back and simply doing the same thing.

Listen carefully Jorge:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://apnews.com/cb0ef682ea534ff0b5d3 ... mmigration

Quote:
Immigration agents descend on 7-Eleven stores in 17 states

By ELLIOT SPAGAT and NOMAAN MERCHANT
Today

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Seven immigration agents filed into a 7-Eleven store before dawn Wednesday, waited for people to go through the checkout line and told arriving customers and a driver delivering beer to wait outside. A federal inspection was underway, they said.

Within 20 minutes, they verified that the cashier had a valid green card and served notice on the owner to produce hiring records in three days that deal with employees’ immigration status.

The well-rehearsed scene, executed with quiet efficiency in Los Angeles’ Koreatown, played out at about 100 7-Eleven stores in 17 states and the District of Columbia, a rolling operation that officials called the largest immigration action against an employer under Donald Trump’s presidency.

The employment audits and interviews with store workers could lead to criminal charges or fines. And they appeared to open a new front in Trump’s expansion of immigration enforcement, which has already brought a 40 percent increase in deportation arrests and pledges to spend billions of dollars on a border wall with Mexico.

A top official at U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said the audits were “the first of many” and “a harbinger of what’s to come” for employers.

“This is what we’re gearing up for this year and what you’re going to see more and more of is these large-scale compliance inspections, just for starters,” said Derek Benner, acting head of ICE’s Homeland Security Investigations, which oversees cases against employers.

“It’s not going to be limited to large companies or any particular industry — big, medium and small,” he said.

After the inspections, officials plan to look at whether the cases warrant administrative action or criminal investigations, Benner told The Associated Press.

7-Eleven Stores Inc., based in Irving, Texas, said in a statement that the owners of its franchises are responsible for hiring and verifying work eligibility. The chain with more than 8,600 convenience stores in the U.S. said it has previously ended franchise agreements for owners convicted of breaking employment laws.

Unlike other enforcement efforts that have marked Trump’s first year in office, Wednesday’s actions were aimed squarely at store owners and managers, though 21 workers across the country were arrested on suspicion of being in the country illegally.

Illegal hiring is rarely prosecuted, partly because investigations are time-consuming and convictions are difficult to achieve because employers can claim they were duped by fraudulent documents or intermediaries. Administrative fines are discounted by some as a business cost.

Amy Peck, an Omaha, Nebraska, immigration attorney who represents businesses, said an employer crackdown will never work because the government has limited resources and there are many jobs that people who are in the country legally do not want.

“When these audits occur, the employees scatter in the wind and go down the street and work for somebody else,” Peck said. “You’re playing whack-a-mole.”

President George W. Bush’s administration pursued high-profile criminal investigations against employers in its final years with dramatic pre-dawn shows of force and large numbers of worker arrests. In 2008, agents arrived by helicopter at the Agriprocessors meatpacking plant in Postville, Iowa, and detained nearly 400 workers. Last month, Trump commuted the 27-year prison sentence of Sholom Rubashkin, former chief executive of what was the nation’s largest kosher meatpacking operation.

President Barack Obama’s administration more than doubled employer audits to more than 3,100 a year in 2013, shunning Bush’s flashier approach. John Sandweg, an acting ICE director under Obama, said significant fines instilled fear in employers and avoided draining resources from other enforcement priorities, which include child exploitation, human trafficking and money laundering.

Wednesday’s audits arose from a 2013 investigation that resulted in charges against nine 7-Eleven franchisees and managers in New York and Virginia. Eight have pleaded guilty and were ordered to pay more than $2.6 million in back wages, and the ninth was arrested in November.

The managers used more than 25 stolen identities to employ at least 115 people in the country illegally, knowing they could pay below minimum wage, according to court documents.

Neither 7-Eleven nor its parent company, Seven & I Holding Co. based in Tokyo, was charged in the case.

Julie Myers Wood, former head of ICE during the Bush administration, said the most recent inspections showed that immigration officials were focusing on a repeat violator. Part of the problem, Wood said, is the lack of “a consistent signal” between administrations that the U.S. government will prosecute employers who hire immigrants without legal status.

Some immigration hardliners have been pressing Trump to move against employers. Mark Krikorian, director of the Center for Immigration Studies, said the inspections offered “a good sign” that the administration was serious about going after employers. But, he said, the administration would need to go beyond audits.

“It’s important for Trump to show that they’re not just arresting the hapless schmo from Honduras but also the politically powerful American employer,” he said.

States with 7-Eleven stores targeted Wednesday were California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas and Washington.

In Los Angeles’ Koreatown, agents gathered in a grocery store parking lot and drove through side streets in unmarked cars to their target location.

The manager was in Bangladesh and the owner, reached by phone, told the clerk to accept whatever documents were served. The clerk told agents he had no knowledge of documents required to prove eligibility to work and was asked to pass along brochures for voluntary programs aimed at better compliance with immigration laws.

“We need to make sure that employers are on notice that we are going to come out and ensure that they’re being compliant,” Benner said. “For those that don’t were going to take some very aggressive steps in terms of criminal investigations to make sure that we address them and hold them accountable.”

___

Merchant reported from Houston.

Businesses that utilize the E-Verify system and properly vette their employees should have nothing to worry about.
Those businesses that ignore the law should be held accountable.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:55 pm 
Sergeant Major

Apu: Why don't you come over to my place for some microwave burritos?"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
Apu: Why don't you come over to my place for some microwave burritos?"

Are you concocting this as part of some elaborate DHS sting operation to draw illegals to 7-11 and then nab them? :lol:
(since it appears they were not targeting customers, not even targeting employees but rather targeting the employers who fail to follow the law).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:51 pm 
Sergeant Major

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -cops.html

Quote:
'I will break out soon and I will kill more': Illegal immigrant who killed two cops LAUGHS in court as he promises to do it again

Luis Bracamontes, 37, is standing trial for the 2014 murders of Sacramento Sheriff’s Deputy Danny Oliver and Placer Sheriff’s Deputy Michael Davis Jr.
    Bracamontes admitted to the murders and said he'd 'break out soon' and 'kill more' in Sacramento Superior Court on Tuesday
    These outbursts caused Judge Steve White to send the jury out of the courtroom
    The trial will continue, despite Bracamontes' defense attorney's attempts to have him ruled incompetent to stand trial
    Bracamontes is in the United States illegally and has been arrested and deported multiple times, prior to his murderous rampage in October 2014

By Stephanie Haney For Dailymail.com

PUBLISHED: 20:31 EST, 17 January 2018 | UPDATED: 00:45 EST, 18 January 2018

An illegal immigrant laughed as he admitted to killing two Sacramento-area police officers and pledged to do it again, in a series of chilling courtroom outbursts on Tuesday.

Luis Bracamontes, 37, is standing trial at Sacramento Superior Court for the 2014 murders of Sacramento Sheriff’s Deputy Danny Oliver and Placer Sheriff’s Deputy Michael Davis Jr.

'I wish I could have killed more of those motherf***ers,' Bracamontes said, before Judge Steve White, according to the Sacramento Bee.

'I will break out soon, and I will kill more, kill whoever gets in front of me.'

Luis Bracamontes, 37, who is in the United States illegally, admitted to killing two Sacramento-area police officers and pledged to do it again, in a chilling courtroom outburst on Tuesday

Bracamontes, who has requested the death penalty at several hearings throughout the process leading up to his trial, didn't stop there.

'There’s no need for a f***ing trial,' he said, grinning and laughing as prosecutor Rod Norgaard described the violent events that unfolded at Bracamontes' hand on October 24, 2014.

This outburst led to the judge ordering the jury temporarily out of the room.

Throughout the opening statements the defendant grinned, smiled, laughed and refused to remain quiet.

As this happened, Bracamontes' public defense attorney, Jeffrey Barbour requested Judge White reconsider whether his client was mentally competent to stand trial.

Despite the multiple outbursts made by Bracamontes, Judge White said that the trial would continue, and ordered the jury not to consider what Bracamontes said that day.

The trial will go on as planned even though Bracamontes' lawyer does not dispute that his client killed the officers.

His client is also charged with wounding another deputy and shooting a motorist throughout the course of that day in 2014.

'We are not contesting many of these charges,' Barbour said.

'Mr. Bracamontes is responsible for the death of Deputy Danny Oliver and the death of Detective Michael Davis. He shot them both.'

Barbour's defense of Bracamontes instead rests on trying to prove the fact that his client was high on methamphetamines at time of the murders, and therefore lacked the mental capacity to know what he was doing.

If proven, this would result in taking the death penalty off the table for Bracamontes.

His maximum possible sentence would then be life in prison.

Bracamontes' wife, 41-year-old Janelle Monroy, who is a US citizen, was with him during the day-long violent crime spree.

The two reportedly started out from their home in Salt Lake City and drove to Sacramento, with Bracamontes smoking methamphetamines and marijuana on the way.

After arriving in Sacarmento, the murderous rampage began at a Motel 6 near the Arden Fair Mall and ended in Auburn, California.

Along the way, it's undisputed that Bracamontes shot and killed Oliver and Davis.

He also allegedly wounded another Placer deputy and shot a bystander in the head to steal his car while making his getaway.

The prosecution argued Bracamontes eventually locked himself in a home and turned on the stove's gas burners, in an attempt to light the place on fire and kill himself and any officers who came in after him.

Bracamontes eventually crawled out and surrendered, after writing a suicide note that said, 'Forgive me, God. Please take me with you. I love you, Janelle,' officials have said.

As the prosecutor went over his open statement relaying how Bracamontes took the lives of two officers and injured others, the defendant was giddy, and smiled from ear to ear.

'There was no need to prove all this s***,' Bracamontes said to Judge White, in yet another outburst.

'I don’t f***ing regret that s***. The only thing I f***ing regret is I only killed two.'

Judge White instructed Bracamontes that whether he choses to help his attorney represent him was irrelevant to the trial moving forward.

'You will not disrupt this trial, you will not speak out,' Judge White told him. 'If you do, you will be removed from the courtroom.'

Bracamontes has a history of arrests and has been deported twice from Arizona.

Monroy is accused of assisting Bracamontes in this deadly 2014 tirade by moving a firearm from car-to-car as the two fled authorities over a span of 40 miles.

Monroy faces the possibility of life in prison, and will be tried by a separate jury.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:10 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 6363
Immediate death penalty trying to escape while being sent back to holding....................fuck him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:24 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Quote:
Barbour's defense of Bracamontes instead rests on trying to prove the fact that his client was high on methamphetamines at time of the murders, and therefore lacked the mental capacity to know what he was doing.

His defense lawyers are really grasping at straws with that.

Being high on meth doesn't mean you lose your mental faculties. It's not like getting drunk. :roll:

Unless, of course, someone high on methamphetamine were also drinking heavily at the same time. Then such a thing could possibly be claimed. Drunkenness doesn't really affect you much while on meth; not until that meth buzz drops. Then all that liquor buzz, which was barely felt before, while the person had no way to tell how drunk they really were & could keep chugging away, hits like a truck. x.x

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 128  Next