Trump Rally In Portland Ore. Following Deaths of Two Heroes

The rules: No spamming, no making a nuisance of yourself.

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

Gary Childress
Sergeant

Trump Rally In Portland Ore. Following Deaths of Two Heroes

#1 Post by Gary Childress » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:48 am

Trump Supporters And Counter-Protesters Collide In Portland, Ore.

Riot police descended in downtown Portland, Ore., Sunday to bring calm among thousands of demonstrators who converged for competing rallies in the wake of the racially charged stabbing that claimed the lives of two men.
Crowds who gathered in a public square near City Hall for a midday Trump Free Speech Rally, organized by a conservative group called Patriot Prayer, encountered a larger throng of counter-protesters led by immigrant rights, religious and labor groups, who occupied the nearby park.
According to The Associated Press, the pro-Donald Trump group "chanted 'USA' and held banners in support of President Donald Trump," while the counter-protesters drummed, played music and held signs, including, "Our city is greater than hate" and "Black lives matter."
"Some chanted 'love, not hate' and 'Go home, fascists,'" the AP says.
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... rtland-ore

None of the articles I've seen explain WHY Trump supporters were rallying? WTF are Trump supporters rallying at the site of a malicious assault by a bigot on two young (apparently) Muslim girls which resulted in the deaths of two good Samaritans who intervened on the girls' behalf? What does supporting Trump have to do with the incident? It'd be like Hitler supporters rallying after an incident involving Jews.
"Service guarantees citizenship" :(

Welcome to the Maddrive Dogthru!

"One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important." - Bertrand Russell

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

Re: Trump Rally In Portland Ore. Following Deaths of Two Her

#2 Post by chijohnaok » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:29 am

I watched part of Tim Pool's You Tube livestream of this event.
I didn't even know about the event beforehand...had a pop-up on my IPad when Pool started to stream it.

I did a little checking on the background of all this Gary.
From what I understand, here are some of the basic facts around it (and I will readily admit that I don't know all the facts either, if I get something wrong or leave something out then by all means, anyone/everyone jump in to correct/clarify/add to it):
----This was a 'pro-Trump/Free Speech' event. It was not directly connected to (either pro or con), to the Joseph Christian (or whatever his name was) incident on the Portland Max.
----This rally was planned/organized BEFORE the May 26 incident on the Max. The organizer of the rally, some group called Patriot Prayer, were posting notices of the rally well before the Max incident. You can look for yourself at its Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/PatriotPrayerUSA/
----in one of the Facebook posts at said site, the event organizer even said that all Nazis/white supremacists are NOT welcome to the event and would be removed from it.

As an additional bit of information, from what I saw on a You Tube vid (might have been one of Tim Pool's but I don't recall for certain) the guy who stabbed the two Good Samaritans was not the sort of white Supremacist as most of the media has painted him. The guy was anti-Hillary AND anti-Trump and had apparently been a Bernie Sanders supporter. His beliefs are all across the board.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

sven
Staff Sergeant

#3 Post by sven » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:04 am

Gary's blind left eye is acting up again....

http://nation.foxnews.com/2017/05/29/ji ... -supporter.

Gary this ain't the Bush era, and we are not going to sit mute and supine about calumnies....

The stabber was one of yours not one of mine.
Attachments
jill stein.jpg
Nemo me impune lacessit.

sven
Staff Sergeant

#4 Post by sven » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:06 am

chijohnaok wrote:I watched part of Tim Pool's You Tube livestream of this event.
I didn't even know about the event beforehand...had a pop-up on my IPad when Pool started to stream it.

I did a little checking on the background of all this Gary.
From what I understand, here are some of the basic facts around it (and I will readily admit that I don't know all the facts either, if I get something wrong or leave something out then by all means, anyone/everyone jump in to correct/clarify/add to it):
----This was a 'pro-Trump/Free Speech' event. It was not directly connected to (either pro or con), to the Joseph Christian (or whatever his name was) incident on the Portland Max.
----This rally was planned/organized BEFORE the May 26 incident on the Max. The organizer of the rally, some group called Patriot Prayer, were posting notices of the rally well before the Max incident. You can look for yourself at its Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/PatriotPrayerUSA/
----in one of the Facebook posts at said site, the event organizer even said that all Nazis/white supremacists are NOT welcome to the event and would be removed from it.

As an additional bit of information, from what I saw on a You Tube vid (might have been one of Tim Pool's but I don't recall for certain) the guy who stabbed the two Good Samaritans was not the sort of white Supremacist as most of the media has painted him. The guy was anti-Hillary AND anti-Trump and had apparently been a Bernie Sanders supporter. His beliefs are all across the board.

This is typical not atypical, never forget the guy who shot Gabby Giffords was a donkey party power family scion as well.....

when the facts come out the conversation immediately shifts to "that aside let's focus on x."

Psst the Colorado Theater shooter was also Progtard 2000.
Nemo me impune lacessit.

NefariousKoel
Hair in the soap

#5 Post by NefariousKoel » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:27 am

sven wrote:Gary's blind left eye is acting up again....

Gary apparently means well, but his preferred news sources are obviously less than stellar when it comes to providing the whole truth.

He should diversify his information sources. Because his current news outlets are failing at doing what they profess.

sven
Staff Sergeant

#6 Post by sven » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:30 am

NefariousKoel wrote:
sven wrote:Gary's blind left eye is acting up again....

Gary apparently means well, but his preferred news sources are obviously less than stellar when it comes to providing the whole truth.

"Yeah", there's a lot of evil being enabled on the left by "well meaning" folks who can't be bothered to get any of their news from any source other than National Pravda Radio, HuffPo, the Daily Beast, and Vox....

If Gary "means well" at some point perhaps he will hold himself to the same standard on the Anti-Fa(gs) as he tries to hold the right to on "everyone not a leftist."

This gem is vintage Gary-
It'd be like Hitler supporters rallying after an incident involving Jews.
Yes that's right a free speech rally planned before the Sanders/Stein enthusiast went Koo Koo for KoKo Puffs is just like Hitler.....
Nemo me impune lacessit.

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#7 Post by chijohnaok » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:42 pm

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

#8 Post by Anthropoid » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:22 pm

To sum up Tim's video: there are two types of interlocutors: true believers who are largely impervious to empiricism; skeptics who are largely impervious to dogma and faith.

So these "murders," were they NOT in self-defense?

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#9 Post by chijohnaok » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:00 pm

Anthropoid wrote:To sum up Tim's video: there are two types of interlocutors: true believers who are largely impervious to empiricism; skeptics who are largely impervious to dogma and faith.

I don't know.
I've already stated that I was not very familiar with the incident itself.

I would think whether this Jeremy Christian guy did this in self defense of not would need to await:
A) how he pleads in the trial, and how his attorney conducts its defense
B) the verdict of the jury once the finish deliberating

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

#10 Post by Anthropoid » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:15 pm

chijohnaok wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:To sum up Tim's video: there are two types of interlocutors: true believers who are largely impervious to empiricism; skeptics who are largely impervious to dogma and faith.

I don't know.
I've already stated that I was not very familiar with the incident itself.

I would think whether this Jeremy Christian guy did this in self defense of not would need to await:
A) how he pleads in the trial, and how his attorney conducts its defense
B) the verdict of the jury once the finish deliberating
Oh definitely. The _truth_ is up to the courts. But, mainly I'm asking "has no one considered IF" he was acting in self-defense?

The general outlines of the altercation sound to me like it could have been self-defense:

Jeremy is hassling two women (no specifics on what that means)
THREE dudes come to deter him (no specifics on what that means).
Jeremy stabs all three of the dudes, killing two of them.

Me, I'd say that, apart from "I have no idea what was going on there" we'd need to know lots more specifics to even have an opinion on this.

Moreover, the question of whether the dude was or was not a "Trump supporter" strikes me as irrelevant. The idea that all Trumps supporters ARE inherently exemplars of truth, justice and ethical honor is just about as ridiculous as the idea that they are all "Nazi," rapist, plantation-owner-wannabes.

. . . I once imagined that mass media might make people more intelligent, but sadly it seems to have had the exact opposite effect and allowed every brain dead moron on Earth to contribute their two-cents to the zeitgeist, thus lowering the net intellect of the Interwebz to that of an epileptic cocker spaniel . . .

Not you Chijohn! :) You are one of the brainiest dudes online, just the "prevailing level of discourse" in general.

Tim Pool also seems fairly sharp and if nothing else he is skeptical to a fault. Problem is, he has really only "taken about 10mg of red pill" when about 10,000mg is what is required, and that kind of dose can kill you if you take it all too quickly. Best to spread it out over a whole lifetime.

The stupidity level in popular discourse is so stultifyingly low, even reasonable commentators get mired in the false dialectics . . .