maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: CNN and 'News"
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:48 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 932
nelmsm wrote:
NefariousKoel wrote:
The real funny part is Fredo Cuomo stated, "I'm an actor on CNN", in that video.

"Actor". Not "journalist" or news man. :lol:

Accidentally let some truth out of his 'Roid Raging piehole. :lol:

I thought he said "anchor" rather than actor.

You have too much wax in your ears. ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:43 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
:lol:

Attachments:
EB7P_eXX4AAKRuz.jpg
EB7P_eXX4AAKRuz.jpg [ 76.88 KiB | Viewed 53 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:26 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 19776
nelmsm wrote:
NefariousKoel wrote:
The real funny part is Fredo Cuomo stated, "I'm an actor on CNN", in that video.

"Actor". Not "journalist" or news man. :lol:

Accidentally let some truth out of his 'Roid Raging piehole. :lol:

I thought he said "anchor" rather than actor.

Perhaps so. Still sounded like he added a 'T' sound in there, initially.

I guess Chris Cujo got a bit excited, in his 'roid rage state, and stumbled over the word while switching to his 'Guido' gangsta accent. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:48 am 
Sergeant Major

I can't recall which website I read this on last night.,....but regarding the Cuomo/Fredo thing.

Fredo previously admitted that he is a registered/legal gun owner.
Fredo, from that video, appears to have a temper and threatened bodily violence against someone.
Would it be appropriate for someone to 'red flag" Fredo to the police over his anger management issue?
;-)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:59 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 4643
chijohnaok wrote:
I can't recall which website I read this on last night.,....but regarding the Cuomo/Fredo thing.

Fredo previously admitted that he is a registered/legal gun owner.
Fredo, from that video, appears to have a temper and threatened bodily violence against someone.
Would it be appropriate for someone to 'red flag" Fredo to the police over his anger management issue?
;-)

Let's see...
1) White male... CHECK
2) Gun owner... CHECK
3) Anger issues... CHECK
4) Evidence of violent behavior... CHECK

Oh, wait, forget all that. He's a Democrat. They are immune from any investigation or prosecution.

Makes you feel safe, doesn't it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:32 am 
Sergeant Major

:lol:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:02 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18312
New Totalitarian Tribalists are a never ending source of mirth and ammunition.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:57 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18312

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:25 am 
Sergeant Major

Fredo absolutely revealed that he FEELS like Fredo.

That is the epic brilliance of it. Nice summary of Leftist media calling Don Jr, Fredo

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:02 pm 
Sergeant Major

John Kass, columnist for the Chicago Tribune (and part Italian—-or as it’s pronounced in Chicago “EYE-talian) weighs in on the Fredo matter:

Quote:
CNN’s Cuomo, it’s now Fredo, forever.

John Kass
By JOHN KASS
CHICAGO TRIBUNE |
AUG 15, 2019 | 5:05 AM

Like many American families that have Italian members, mine was at once horrified and confused by the recent terrifying outburst of CNN’s Chris Cuomo on a viral video.

Cuomo was so angry about being called Fredo — like the weak, sniveling brother in “The Godfather” — that he said it was akin to using the N-word. Then he threatened to break the guy’s bones.

“It’s an insult to your (expletive) people. It’s like the N-word for us,” Cuomo said before threatening to throw the guy down the (expletive) stairs.

What Cuomo forgot to mention is all the times left-leaning CNN hosts and guests have used Fredo as an insult to Republicans. Even Cuomo used it in an interview with Curtis Sliwa, who had referred to the New York political family as “la Cuomo nostra.” Cuomo responded, “Who am I then, Fredo?”

Yes, henceforth, you shall be known as Fredo Cuomo. No further questions, your honor, except for one thing: Is Fredo really the equivalent of the N-word?

All this prompted a lively discussion at the dinner table over what should have been veal saltimbocca the way it’s done at Bruna’s Ristorante on Oakley, with linguini on the side. Instead we had boring pork loin. Finally, my lovely Sicilian bride ended the discussion, her black eyes flashing.

“Cuomo?” Betty said. “All he wants is publicity. Who cares what that spacone (showoff) says? And don’t quote me.”

But honey, I’m a journalist, and as the political left grows crazier by the day, I’m bound to chronicle its crackup on the Intersectional Highway, where everything is about race and identity politics and more race. And Fredo.

Only a spacone would scream that he’d “throw you down these stairs like a (expletive) punk” for calling him Fredo and then saying Fredo was the N-word. And then not do anything at all.

In that crazy video gone wild, Fredo Cuomo displayed uncontrolled Fredo-like emotional outbursts. President Donald Trump’s campaign is now reportedly selling T-shirts with Cuomo’s photograph and the words, “Fredo Unhinged.”

“One thing for sure,” said reader Joseph Ferrone on Facebook, where folks debated it all. “His name is Fredo now.”

Well, he could be called worse than Fredo, like Don Lemon’s Fingers.

I defended Cuomo on Twitter, because he was out with his family and a guy got in his face and provoked him by calling him Fredo.

Don’t provoke people, I always say.

And if I’d have been there with Cuomo, I’d have cooled things off by telling the provoker, “You did insult him a little bit.”

Yet CNN has already authorized the use of Fredo as a perfectly acceptable insult. Then it was OK. Now it’s not OK?

Come on, CNN, what happened to being fair and balanced?

Many Americans of Italian descent are split on whether Cuomo should have been provoked, but on one thing they’re clear: Calling a guy Fredo is not the same as using the N-word.

Down at the cigar store where the philosophers gather, I asked two Italian guys, Pete and Joe, who grew up in 100% Italian families, about it.

Joe doesn’t say much, but he made it clear that of the two words, Fredo can be uttered out loud and the other shouldn’t ever be said.

“Case closed,” said Joe with a shrug.

Pete agreed that it wasn’t a slur on all Italians.

“But anyone familiar with ‘The Godfather’ movies knows that being called a Fredo is worse than a slur,” said Pete, listing off the other slurs that I won’t use. “But being called Fredo means you’re a back-stabbing piece of (deleted)!”

Perhaps, but just to be clear I called upon Raffaele Raia of Naples, my barber, whom I’ve just named as chairman of the Authentic Italian Club.

He’s amused that so little about the real Italy is known in America. And he recommends that you watch “My Brilliant Friend” on HBO, saying that is truly authentic. I do, and I love it.

“Me too,” Raia said. “It’s authentic down to the dialect of that part of Naples. And it’s not only about Mafia. It’s about family, locals, who’s cheating who, the neighborhood stories, the smart girls, it’s all very original. You want to know about Italians? Look there.”

If there’s one thing that drives him crazy it’s inauthentic Italian stuff. Like American journalists insisting that the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia made a vulgar gesture by flicking his own chin at a reporter rather than answer a question, outside church.

“It’s like saying, literally, nothing,” Raia said. “As in, if I ask you, ‘You want more marinara sauce?’ And you flick your chin, with the fingers, you’re saying no, nothing, you don’t want any. But that didn’t stop journalists.”

Also, inauthentic marinara sauce drives him crazy.

“Mare is the sea. And if there’s not anchovy in it, it’s not marinara sauce,” he’s told me a million times. “Make tomato sauce, call it what you want, but it’s not marinara.”

When I reached him, he was researching ways to make proper limoncello at home. He hadn’t heard of the Fredo Cuomo business.

“In Italy nobody would care,” Raia said. “You call someone Fredo? The name is Alfredo. People will shrug. If you get upset about being called Alfredo, they’ll think you’re crazy. This Fredo paranoia is an American Italian thing. He’s worried about Fredo? That’s his thing. But nobody in Italy would understand the man. They’d just look at him.”

With pity.

Poor Fredo.

Listen to “The Chicago Way” podcast with John Kass and Jeff Carlin — at http://www.wgnradio.com/category/wgn-plus/thechicagoway.
jskass@chicagotribune.com

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next