maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: CNN and 'News"
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:12 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19649
Old Eagle wrote:
Overmann wrote:
Racial profiling works. That is the truth that liberals want to deny and/or reinvent.

Trump is right, Israel does a masterful job of profiling suspects and keeping security in top shape.

Liberals know their voter base are prone to racial profiling. And voting democrat makes you untouchable.

Make America Great Again:

1. Stop all welfare to the able bodied. Work or die.

2. The ones that prefer sucking on the public teat will lose their right to vote. They've been voting themselves OPM since 1964.

3. Make hiring an illegal alien a class A felony.

4. Change the anchor baby law and make it retroactive.

5. Shit can Obamacare. Your HC is nobody's problem but your own.

6. Term limit ALL Congressmen. Go back to having Congress pick the Senators.

Have I forgot anything?

State legislatures used to choose US Senators. Congress never chose Senators. To change it back to how it was would requires an amendment to the US Constitution. Term limits as well would most likely require an amendment.

Your point #2 would also likely require an amendment.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:13 am 
Honorary Texan

Reputation points: 7398
Quote:
State legislatures used to choose US Senators. Congress never chose Senators. To change it back to how it was would requires an amendment to the US Constitution. Term limits as well would most likely require an amendment.

I stand corrected.

They didn't need an amendment to deny felons the right to vote, why would they need an amendment for welfare parasites?

Well then amend it. No more professional career politicians.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:21 am 
PFC

Reputation points: 1268
'Welfare' is a sticky term.

You are probably referring to SSI, which is needs-based...a monthly cash allotment for people that are unemployed or unable to work and not disabled.

I was on SSI for 4 months prior to getting SSDI (federal disability) related to my cancer. And I have to pay back every cent of it. They take out 140 dollars monthly for the next 15 months. I seriously doubt others that are on SSI for longer periods ever pay a penny back. :roll:

In addition to SSI, SSDI, and vet pensions, there is WIC and TANF. 'Welfare' typically refers to those who are able bodied and cannot find work (or who chose not to). Also includes women that have five children from five different men and claim they can't afford childcare, so they sit at home watching Oprah and collecting a 'draw'.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:34 pm 
Honorary Texan

Overmann wrote:
'Welfare' is a sticky term.

You are probably referring to SSI, which is needs-based...a monthly cash allotment for people that are unemployed or unable to work and not disabled.

I was on SSI for 4 months prior to getting SSDI (federal disability) related to my cancer. And I have to pay back every cent of it. They take out 140 dollars monthly for the next 15 months. I seriously doubt others that are on SSI for longer periods ever pay a penny back. :roll:

In addition to SSI, SSDI, and vet pensions, there is WIC and TANF. 'Welfare' typically refers to those who are able bodied and cannot find work (or who chose not to). Also includes women that have five children from five different men and claim they can't afford childcare, so they sit at home watching Oprah and collecting a 'draw'.

I'm speaking only of the able bodied.

SSI is not an entitlement. We've paid into that our entire working lives. Nor are vet pensions.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:22 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 16550
nelmsm wrote:
Fair and balanced in Finland mean the local news outlets and Pravda both agree on it.

It saddens me that I have to agree with that.

Our news are all about deflection, spinning and selling certain narratives.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:07 pm 
PFC

Reputation points: 1268
OE - No, not entitlements.

But anything you pay into for several years and expect to get back sure are....

I worked for 24 years. Diagnosed with skin cancer (melanoma) in July 2014. Had surgery, went back to work...but couldn't do it, as the cancer treatments created significant fatigue, confusion, and pain. I applied for and received SSDI in Sept 2015. I paid into it my entire life, just like everyone else. So when I got my first check in March 2016, I felt like I was getting back what I paid into it for.

SSI is different. I had to use that as a bridge from not getting income from my employer (sick leave exhausted) up until my first SSDI check, 6 months later. I'm very self-reliant by nature, so you can assume how much I resented it. But, as stated before, I am paying it back. Many able-bodied adults never do, which is a source of my frustration (and yours, if I'm reading it right).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:04 pm 
Honorary Texan

Overmann wrote:
OE - No, not entitlements.

But anything you pay into for several years and expect to get back sure are....

I worked for 24 years. Diagnosed with skin cancer (melanoma) in July 2014. Had surgery, went back to work...but couldn't do it, as the cancer treatments created significant fatigue, confusion, and pain. I applied for and received SSDI in Sept 2015. I paid into it my entire life, just like everyone else. So when I got my first check in March 2016, I felt like I was getting back what I paid into it for.

SSI is different. I had to use that as a bridge from not getting income from my employer (sick leave exhausted) up until my first SSDI check, 6 months later. I'm very self-reliant by nature, so you can assume how much I resented it. But, as stated before, I am paying it back. Many able-bodied adults never do, which is a source of my frustration (and yours, if I'm reading it right).

Absolutely. I have nothing against people that truly need a lift. My argument is against career welfare who never even attempt to look for work. They use our tax dollars for booze and drugs.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:05 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19649
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/05/ ... mp-racist/

Quote:
CNN’s Don Lemon: ‘It’s My Obligation as a Journalist’ to Call Trump ‘Racist’

.@DonLemon on calling President Donald Trump racist on live TV | #VarietyEntTech https://t.co/p7sI8g8IRa pic.twitter.com/ZcIggyyiU9

— Variety (@Variety) May 4, 2018

by PAM KEY4 May 20187

Friday at Variety’s Entertainment & Technology NYC Summit, CNN’s Don Lemon said it was his “obligation as a journalist” to call President Donald Trump “racist.”

When asked about calling Trump a racist on air, Lemon said, “If he is not racist he’s certainly is racist-adjacent.”

He continued, “If you have the evidence that shows you, that indicates, that leads you to nothing else but this president being racist, then I feel it’s my obligation as a journalist to say it. On that night I said it, and I don’t regret saying it. I believe that to be true.”

He added, “Show me some evidence otherwise, besides I have black friends, I don’t really have any evidence of that either. I don’t. I mean when you say you have black friends, let’s just be honest here, when you say you have black friends, that doesn’t mean it’s people who come over to your office because they want something. It doesn’t mean it’s the people you work with because you have to be around them. If you have black friends it means these people have been in your life forever. You’ve been to their weddings. You, you know, hang out with them. You go for a run with them. You go to lunch with them. You vacation with them. You do things with them. You have dinner with them, you have lunch with them, you have breakfast with them. You hang out, you know their families. You spend Christmas, you spend holidays. That is what having a black friend means. I see no evidence of that either.

Follow Pam Key on Twitter @pamkeyNEN

:roll:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:27 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
No, Don, it ISN'T your "obligation" as a "journalist" to call Trump a racist.

That's a fucking opinion, dumbass. Your "obligation" is the unbiased reporting of facts. In fact, that is the WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF JOURNALISM! I guess Don skipped Journalism 101 and went right from high school basketball reporting to CNN.

When Don isn't offering opinion disguised as news he enjoys trying to get the Ferguson police to push him around on live TV or hold a panel discussion on black holes and the Malaysian flight 570.

This is the same stupid-ass lame argument El Generalissimo at Univision uses.

Of course, everyone at CNN says the same shit at the water cooler...they just aren't stupid enough to say it on live TV like Don

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:03 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 17177
Don Lemon is a gold mine of Demorat media dumbassery clips. Almost as bad as the trash Vox puts out. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next