maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: CNN and 'News"
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:08 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Chris Cuomo at CNN seems to think that one of the hostage takers in France was an "African-American" :roll:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:31 pm 
Sergeant Major

:lol: :lol: He is...how you say.... African-Frances , no?

How much are they paying that guy?

My daughter used to hang with a Afrikaans girl. We used to call her the "African-African"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:33 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
chijohnaok wrote:
Chris Cuomo at CNN seems to think that one of the hostage takers in France was an "African-American" :roll:

RRRRAAAACIST!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
:lol: :lol: He is...how you say.... African-Frances , no?

How much are they paying that guy?

My daughter used to hang with a Afrikaans girl. We used to call her the "African-African"

Now to be clear, if this girl were to commit a crime (particularly one involving an (authentic) African-American), then she would be referred to as a "White-African" (ala George Zimmerman)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:28 am 
Sergeant Major

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/09/20/c ... mps-mouth/

Quote:
CNN now literally putting words in Donald Trump’s mouth

POSTED AT 8:01 AM ON SEPTEMBER 20, 2016 BY JAZZ SHAW

What’s going on at CNN in terms of their “hard news” editing process these days? The latest questionable achievement in journalism coming out of Atlanta caught my attention by way of Scott Adams’ Twitter feed yesterday, highlighting an instance where The Most Trusted Name in News ran a chyron which rather pointedly edited comments made by Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump. While discussing the issue of profiling and once again using Israel as an example, The Donald failed to use a word which would have made the comment far more incendiary to the Left, so CNN took the liberty of inserting it for him.

Scott Adams @ScottAdamsSays
@CNN adds the word "racial" to Trump's quote. Deeply irresponsible. Crosses the line. #Trump
7:44 PM - 19 Sep 2016

You’ll notice the difference between the caption and the actual text of the remarks comes down to one word. The Hill highlights precisely how they molded the narrative.

CNN added the word “racial” to Donald Trump’s Monday comments on terrorism and immigration, and is running headlines reporting that the GOP nominee is advocating “racial profiling”.

But a review of the transcript of Trump’s comments to Fox News that CNN quoted, however, shows that Trump never put the word “racial” in front of “profiling.”

“You know in Israel, they profile,” Trump said Monday to Fox News. “They’ve done an unbelievable job — as good as you can do. But Israel has done an unbelievable job. And they’ll profile. They profile. They see somebody that’s suspicious. They will profile. They will take that person in. They will check out.”

Even if this were examined in a vacuum, that’s a fairly egregious bit of editing. Just as with American law enforcement agencies, Israel’s defense forces engage in profiling. Using patterns and prior records of criminal activity (or terrorism in the case of Israel) is how you maximize your chances of success. But when you stick the word “racial” in front of it you have yourself a liberal talking point which is a sure fire way to gin up the base and get out the vote for Democrats.

But we don’t have to look at this in a vacuum. It’s even more remarkable when we consider this chyron edit as part of a larger pattern. Somebody in the production booth had to consciously make the decision to add in a word which Trump did not utter and, even more to the point, put it in quotes so it looked like an exact transcript of what the candidate said. There’s simply no way that the reasonable observer could write that off as an accident.

Now add it in with the recent incident where CNN blurred out the logo on a Trump shirt being worn by a subject being interviewed for a story having nothing to do with the election. These aren’t things that just happen by accident in an operation of that size and reach. There’s a culture in every newsroom and it bleeds over into the published product they put out. Of course, CNN isn’t alone in this pattern. Just look at the CBS incident last week where their evening news segment edited out a critical three seconds of an interview with Bill Clinton when he talked about his wife’s history of fainting spells. Sure, they wrote that off as having been done purely in the interest of time, but is anyone actually buying that?

CNN can’t afford to deliver the impression that they’re trying to put a thumb on the scale this close to the election. Their place in the food chain is supposed to be the “hard news” middle ground between MSNBC on the Left and Fox News on the Right. But there’s something going on behind the scenes at that network, and they owe their viewers an explanation for how this keeps happening and what they plan to do to correct it.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight........ :roll:

PS: That Tweet was from the Scott Adams of Dilbert fame. I never knew this side of him. I approve!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:51 am 
Sergeant Major

Wow..that is bad. They COMPLETELY changed the meaning.

They aren't just "in the tank" with Hillary, they are adding the pool chemicals and cleaning out the fiters.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:51 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 3144
Fox is #1 because it's literally the ONLY non-Left Wing news outlet on TV.

CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS are all competing for the same moronic liberals who only want news that fits their ideology. In other words, the majority of the country.

If you add them all up, they get substantially more viewers than Fox.

Makes you feel safe, doesn't it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:44 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14177
Quote:
... the ONLY non-Left Wing news outlet on TV ...

TV? What is TV? Haven't watched it since I joined the Army (my room mates had a fight ... broke my TV and I decided not to replace it .. they both left by the end of the month ... and I then got some adult room mates .. never bought a TV since ... so 70s ... )

News? I hit a dozen web sites globally ... xinhua, france24, bbc, arutz sheva7, etc. but I admit, finding a US based "news" service I can read without throwing up is hard ... I'd say us has no "news service" any more ... just "click bait services" ... I'm in that business so know of what I speak (unfortunately) ...

Last edited by jwilkerson on Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:15 pm 
PFC

Reputation points: 1268
Racial profiling works. That is the truth that liberals want to deny and/or reinvent.

Trump is right, Israel does a masterful job of profiling suspects and keeping security in top shape.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:01 am 
Honorary Texan

Reputation points: 7773
Overmann wrote:
Racial profiling works. That is the truth that liberals want to deny and/or reinvent.

Trump is right, Israel does a masterful job of profiling suspects and keeping security in top shape.

Liberals know their voter base are prone to racial profiling. And voting democrat makes you untouchable.

Make America Great Again:

1. Stop all welfare to the able bodied. Work or die.

2. The ones that prefer sucking on the public teat will lose their right to vote. They've been voting themselves OPM since 1964.

3. Make hiring an illegal alien a class A felony.

4. Change the anchor baby law and make it retroactive.

5. Shit can Obamacare. Your HC is nobody's problem but your own.

6. Term limit ALL Congressmen. Go back to having Congress pick the Senators.

Have I forgot anything?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next