It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CNN and 'News"
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:00 pm 
Honorary Texan

Reputation points: 7773
Quote:
Jeff Zucker Blasts Fox News, Says News Is Still CNN's Top Priority

UPDATED: Dismissing reports that he's trying to hire Jay Leno and Ann Curry, the former NBC chief returns to TCA to talk about his first year in cable news and has choice words for competitors: "The Republican party is being run out of News Corp headquarters."
Jeff Zucker said he was thrilled to be back at the Television Critics Association press tour on Friday afternoon, his first trip to the event since he started his tenure as president of CNN Worldwide
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ews-669921

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I could do a better job running CNN than this prick.

Post subject: Re: CNN and 'News"
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:13 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7993
Deflection is CNN's top priority. Idol worship is MSNBC's.

The bedfellows politics made are never strange. It only seems that way to those who have not watched the courtship.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:02 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1459
Poindexter wrote:

How about Faux? :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:12 am 
Honorary Texan

Reputation points: 7773
nero wrote:
Poindexter wrote:

FNC isn't dead ass last in the ratings.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:48 am 
Sergeant Major

Old Eagle wrote:
nero wrote:
(quote="Poindexter")Deflection is CNN's top priority. Idol worship is MSNBC's.(/quote)

FNC isn't dead ass last in the ratings.

Perhaps fair and balanced is then the proper description. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:05 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 4444
nero wrote:
Perhaps fair and balanced is then the proper description. :lol:

As in Finland, where "fair and balanced" means a Swedish hooker on an ice floe that isn't so tilted that she's gonna slide off into the great frozen swamp.

That's why I'm tellin' you, I just want to celebrate another day of livin'...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:12 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 10085
Fair and balanced in Finland mean the local news outlets and Pravda both agree on it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:28 pm 
Sergeant

nero wrote:
Poindexter wrote:

What about Air America? What about progressive radio losing in every major market? Why doesn't the MSM propaganda machine have this country so enamored with their message that Progressives aren't steamrolling over every election, major and minor? Why is Fox News the only outlet that there is an active movement to destroy from the likes of CNN? Why can't Liberals practice kumbaya, like they tell all of us to do, and just let Fox do its thing? I mean, if they are such a joke of a news source and are just so much pablum, then what's the threat? Why did NBC News recently admit its MSNBC brand promotes “political commentary favorable to Democratic and liberal causes”? I guess that kind of bias is simply hunky-dory with you, Nero.

Liberals hate Fox because they report stuff that CNN lackeys wouldn't touch. CNN is too busy doing Lifetime movie stories on single mothers or African baby adoptions because they can't seem to make enough time for in depth analysis of the real job numbers, or the President twisting the laws of his own signature health care program by waivering the hell out of everything just long enough to get Donks re-elected in Congress. The damning of Chris Christie is also evidence of the MSM acting likes sharks swimming in chum filled waters. He was their pretty good buddy no more than a month ago. And we all know why that was: because he makes conservatives angry sometimes and that makes the MSM smile.

But why is this? Why doesn't the Left practice what it CONSTANTLY preaches and allow a dissenting viewpoint or at least a different perspective, dead wrong though it may be to them?

Why is that, Nero?

I'll tell you why. It's because the Left doesn't want real dialogue. They just want dialogue on their own terms. They don't want a conservative opinion of any sort, especially from blacks, Hispanics, women, who they see as their "property" to use as a weapon against the GOP. I dare you to look up any black, Hispanic, or woman of a conservative bent and see what the Left says about them. I'll just say that the GOP definitely doesn't have the market cornered on racism or sexism, despite what CNN reports.

Fox News has broken the historic monopoly the MSM has had for generations. Fox New has broken the reality of generations of Liberals not having their opinions questioned in a media format. And that, surely, pisses a Liberal off.

Hatred of Fox by the Left is nothing short of pathological. The Left has a near monopoly on most media formats (network TV, cable, movies). They pretty much have all of academia. They pretty much have all of newspaper and magazine publications. The Right has Fox and AM radio.

Seriously, where's this existential threat that needs to be purged, Nero? Can we not come and play in your sand pile? Where's the kumbaya? Where's the patriotism? Where's the tolerance? Where's the acceptance and embracing of diverse opinions and ideas from all races and classes?

Not from you guys, that's for sure.

The bedfellows politics made are never strange. It only seems that way to those who have not watched the courtship.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:06 am 
Sergeant Major

You and your freedoms. In the US it is legal for news agencies to lie. :lol:

How about freedom of press? The US is the 32th, safely between Suriname and Lithuania. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:28 am 
Sergeant

Freedom to lie and distort truth has been what the American press has been doing since the time of newspapers. Sensationalism sells and real, honest news has always been like Indiana Jones looking for the Holy Grail.

I'm not arguing that Fox News is right and CNN isn't. I'm arguing that both have a right to air their falsehoods/points of view. What I point out is the hypocrisy of Lefty's who don't seem to want their applecart turned upside down. They are actively trying to silence AM talk radio, a bastion of conservative/right wing ideas, and they continue to do the same to Fox News. Why? Again, if conservatism is such a glorified joke...the old, white man's last refuge...then where's the threat? Why take such active measures to silence a particular point of view? I don't see Fox News trying to actively shut down CNN, MSNBC, etc. Then again, they don't have to. Their ratings do it for them.

Profile E-mail