maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81
 Post subject: Re: Iran, world powers reach historic nuclear deal
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:39 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18937
Mac wrote:
jwilkerson wrote:
Interestingly, I found this on France24 ... I looked for it on BBC ... nada ... nothing there ...

It is there under the Middle East section on World news with the glaring headline - "Johnson blames Iran for Saudi Arabia oil attacks"

Towards the end of the article they mention that Merkle and Marcon have come to the same conclusion, but I am guessing they are betting that the average NPC won't read that far into it and the take away is "Crazy Hair No Deal Brexit Man Is Bad". ;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49792997

The amazing thing about the editors and writers of these rags is: they actually seem to believe that humanity is stupider today than at any time in the past! :lol:

Granted: there are non-trivial populations of city-dwelling metrosesuals who ARE in fact stupider than at any time in the past, but clearly these do not represent the sum total of even the most cucked of Western nations.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
No shit.

"After intense study we have determined the Pope is Catholic!"

Getting the Hooties to claim credit when some of the weapons involved have insufficient range to reach the target from Hootie territory is so pathetic it completely undercuts the otherwise competent planning of the attack.

Not to mention the notion that guys that have never used toilet paper could construct cruise missiles with GPS guidance is a laugh riot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:25 pm 
Sergeant Major

There is beginning to be some hesitant, almost worthy of death by stoning, admission on the Left that Trump is not a warmonger.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:24 pm 
Sergeant Major

Brits voted over 2 years ago to Brexit. It still hasn't been done.

Who in the flying blue fuck is in charge over there? It aint 'the ppl' wtf?

Isn't the gobmint worried it's 'subjects' will storm Westminster w/ gu...

naw. They aint worried about that are they. What a bunch of bullshit. Us yanks are no better, our gobmint is completely out of control as well spending us into oblivion for crying out loud. gesh. We can't even get term limits on these idiots.

YOU GET A CAR! AND YOU GET A CAR! AND YOU GET A CAR!!!!11

I pay for ppl to get cars free. Better ones than I could ever hope to afford. I've never got one free. I stand in line behind ppl who buy better food than I could buy for myself, and pack it into a vehicle that makes me drool how nice it is.

so it goes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:27 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 12003
It is difficult to play the economic game without dollars at the global level. It is interesting that it is made at the level of each country, not at the European level.

Six European countries join barter system for Iran trade

Quote:
Paris (AFP) - Paris, London and Berlin on Saturday welcomed six new European countries to the INSTEX barter mechanism, which is designed to circumvent US sanctions against trade with Iran by avoiding use of the dollar.

"As founding shareholders of the Instrument in Support of Trade Exchanges (INSTEX), France, Germany and the United Kingdom warmly welcome the decision taken by the governments of Belgium, Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Norway and Sweden, to join INSTEX as shareholders," the three said in a joint statement.

The Paris-based INSTEX functions as a clearing house allowing Iran to continue to sell oil and import other products or services in exchange.

.../...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:27 pm 
Sergeant Major

LaPalice wrote:
It is difficult to play the economic game without dollars at the global level. It is interesting that it is made at the level of each country, not at the European level.

Quote:
Paris (AFP) - Paris, London and Berlin on Saturday welcomed six new European countries to the INSTEX barter mechanism, which is designed to circumvent US sanctions against trade with Iran by avoiding use of the dollar.

"As founding shareholders of the Instrument in Support of Trade Exchanges (INSTEX), France, Germany and the United Kingdom warmly welcome the decision taken by the governments of Belgium, Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Norway and Sweden, to join INSTEX as shareholders," the three said in a joint statement.

The Paris-based INSTEX functions as a clearing house allowing Iran to continue to sell oil and import other products or services in exchange.

.../...

If (or perhaps when) Iran develops a nuclear bomb, then these European INSTEX countries can share their responsibility for that happening (because this action enabled Iran to finance the cost of it).
Of course they would never acknowledge that responsibility but it clearly will be there.

If I were the US President I would have the State Department send a sternly worded letter to those countries laying this out and let it go at that.
Then, if Iran does go ahead and develop a bomb the US can say "I told ya so"

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:55 pm 
Staff Sergeant

chijohnaok wrote:
LaPalice wrote:

.../...

If (or perhaps when) Iran develops a nuclear bomb, then these European INSTEX countries can share their responsibility for that happening (because this action enabled Iran to finance the cost of it).
Of course they would never acknowledge that responsibility but it clearly will be there.

If I were the US President I would have the State Department send a sternly worded letter to those countries laying this out and let it go at that.
Then, if Iran does go ahead and develop a bomb the US can say "I told ya so"

If INSTEX really works, there is less chance that Iran develop a nuclear arsenal. On the contrary, if Iran is excluded from the world market, it will have the desire to have nukes, Iran will be more aggressive on the international stage.

The deal made with Iran was no nuke for the end of the sanctions, and so far, until Trump decided to install an embargo again, Iran respected the deal. It is better for the Iranians to respect the deal and to have no sanction, as it eases the atmosphere in the Iranian society. Because of the current American embargo, there are riots in Iran, with hundreds of dead.

The mollah are not stupid, they see where their interests are: a working economy. And they can have one only if they respect the deal, as long as the other parties respect it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:05 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18937
The Mullahs are running a repressive theocracy in 2019. That is by definition, "stupid!" :P

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:11 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Anthropoid wrote:
The Mullahs are running a repressive theocracy in 2019. That is by definition, "stupid!" :P

Well, the mullahs are at the head of Iran since 1979, and their country has been excluded from the rest of the world since that date. Yet they are still there. Not sure that you can say that they are stupid.

It would be intersting to know the part of the Iranian population that still supports the mullah regime. I remember that in 2009, the green revolution only occured in the big cities, and in the rest of the country the population, the majority, was still for the regime.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:00 pm 
Sergeant Major

UN says it has evidence that Iran was 'shooting to kill' protesters

U.S. says Iran may have killed up to 1,000 protesters

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81