maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next
 Post subject: Re: Iran, world powers reach historic nuclear deal
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:06 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Lava wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:
The goal is to bring Iran to the table.

Agreed.

However, I do believe that there may also be an "unstated goal" to undermine the Mulalas so badly that the folks there decide to get rid of them. Their GDP is tanking and inflation is starting to move rapidly upwards. In that case, your strategic aim would be to isolate the regime, contain any form of expansionism and deter military adventurism.

For my seat in the bleachers, that is exactly what is happening and why more US troops are moving into the region. The same applies to the international naval force to protect the flow of oil from the gulf. It is actually expanding, little by little. All this as Israel bombs the snot out of Iranian forces in Syria.

Yes, Trump has been careful to NOT make regime change a stated goal in Iran OR the PRK. The minute you do that you guarantee a fight to the death because there would literally be no safe haven for them on the planet. Of course, if the Iranian people decided to get rid of the theocracy and put in the first openly gay democratically elected president...then fine. :lol:

Pretty good strategic thinking for a crude real estate con-artist who has no business in the WH.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:33 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17177
Quote:
... The goal is to bring Iran to the table ...

Iran at the table has proven to be meaningless ... promise behavior-x ... engage in behavior not-x.

==
Quote:
... there is a greater short term goal....avoiding a war in the Persian Gulf ...

All wars are bad ... but some wars cannot be avoided ... and it isn't TGLFKAO's war to fight or avoid either way. This is a wah between the shiitities and the wattanabbes ... let them work it out ... if they do ... then peace and stability might exist in the region for a while ... as the dog fight would've happened ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

Fine, but how about we delay Shitite v Sunni until after Nov 2020 :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:13 pm 
Sergeant Major

president Trump regards how many ppl will die on both sides if it's war.

what an asshole, right nero?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 682
C_S wrote:
president Trump regards how many ppl will die on both sides if it's war.

what an asshole, right nero?

The rest in cash. ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:14 am 
Sergeant Major

A guy who's worth easily over a billion and lives in a gold plated penthouse of a tower he commissioned to get built, and sleeps w/ a supermodel needs more money, right, nero? He did that w/o ripping off the entire nation.

president Trump has more money than he could ever spend, and is one of few politicians serving his nation. Almost all the rest are career 'serving' scum who go into office broke and retire millionaires. (On a 100k/yr salary). Right, nero?

president Trump being trashed makes me sick. Prolly the only honest guy in Warshington.

But that's how liberals are. Have to trash all that is good, and lift up everything that is junk - so we'll all be equal. It's brutish nonsense.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:20 am 
Sergeant Major

:lol: The guy made more money working for NBC than he could possibly earn as President in 400 years. If you include the Chicoms permanently booking the Potomac Room at his DC hotel then it would be 399 years 8 months and 18 days.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:31 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18937
C_S wrote:
A guy who's worth easily over a billion and lives in a gold plated penthouse of a tower he commissioned to get built, and sleeps w/ a supermodel needs more money, right, nero? He did that w/o ripping off the entire nation.

president Trump has more money than he could ever spend, and is one of few politicians serving his nation. Almost all the rest are career 'serving' scum who go into office broke and retire millionaires. (On a 100k/yr salary). Right, nero?

president Trump being trashed makes me sick. Prolly the only honest guy in Warshington.

But that's how liberals are. Have to trash all that is good, and lift up everything that is junk - so we'll all be equal. It's brutish nonsense.

Would up vote but you're already maxxed Out! :P

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17177

Quote:
... The leaders of France, Germany and Britain on Monday agreed that Iran carried out this month's attack on Saudi Arabian oil infrastructure and called on Tehran to choose dialogue over further "provocation".

ADVERTISING

French President Emmanuel Macron, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and British Prime Minister Boris Johnson backed the conclusion of the United States on the blasts at the Abqaiq and Khurais facilities.

"It is clear for us that Iran bears responsibility for this attack. There is no other explanation," they said in a joint statement released by France after meeting on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly.

Interestingly, I found this on France24 ... I looked for it on BBC ... nada ... nothing there ...

https://www.france24.com/en/20190923-european-leaders-un-iran-saudi-oil-attack-macron-merkel-johnson-boris

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:57 pm 
First Sergeant

jwilkerson wrote:
Interestingly, I found this on France24 ... I looked for it on BBC ... nada ... nothing there ...

It is there under the Middle East section on World news with the glaring headline - "Johnson blames Iran for Saudi Arabia oil attacks"

Towards the end of the article they mention that Merkle and Marcon have come to the same conclusion, but I am guessing they are betting that the average NPC won't read that far into it and the take away is "Crazy Hair No Deal Brexit Man Is Bad". ;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49792997

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next