maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next
 Post subject: Re: Iran, world powers reach historic nuclear deal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18812
C_S wrote:
In VR, I can't describe how cool VR is. It has to be experienced. Even non games, where the player just watches - ppl call it 'an experience'. It's something that is experienced.. heh. awesome, doctor.

The matrix has you Chickens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:57 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17177
Oh well, looks like trumpf is caving to the swamp ... I guess there are just too many swamp advisors in the agencies ... and he might feel out numbered and they can sow enough fear uncertainty and doubt that he goes along ... but it looks like we are sending troops to help DEFEND the KSA. Which is NOT what the USA Military is for. No, no, no. Any questions ???

Quote:
... Iran is ready to destroy any country that launches an attack on its territory, a senior military official says.

The commander of Iran's Revolutionary Guard warned the US and its allies to "be careful and make no mistake."

The comments came shortly after the US announced it was sending troops to support Iran's rival, Saudi Arabia.

The US and Saudi Arabia have blamed Iran for recent attacks on two Saudi oil facilities.

Iran has denied that it was involved in the attacks. Yemen's Houthi rebels, who are backed by Iran, have said they were responsible ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-49781350

And OBTW, this drastically reduces the probability that the KSA will defend itself and lauch retaliatory strikes on the shititites because this move makes the statement, that "don't worry your little wattanabbe heads about it ... olde yankee doodle will take care of those bad people for you ... "
And look what it got us last time we did it ... something called NINE ELEVEN. Actions have unintended consequences ... if you keep your phuquning guns at home in your own yard ... to defend your own house ... not so many problems can happen ...

In the mean time .. the shititie salami is shakin' his fist at the KSA salmon ... and TGLFKAO trumpf ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:37 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Yes, it does reduce the chance of any retaliatory KSA strike but look at it this way...simply ANNOUNCING the presence of US troops markedly complicates Iran's ability to choose targets. They have already been warned by Trump that any harm to US personnel is the tripwire so they have to be very, very careful. It might even be a bluff although most likely it would be AA capable troops to be deployed near high value targets.

Probably, the US would seek a guarantee of no unilateral, unapproved KSA strikes with US troops in the Kingdom. The goal is to bring Iran to the table.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17177
That's the wrong goal in my opinion. The goal of TGLFKAO should be to encourage KSA to get out there and solve their own problems and train them away from assuming others will do it for them.

Moving troops from TGLFKAO over to the KSA, moves us in exactly the wrong direction ... and encourages KSA and other gulfo-de-oilio states to assume that others will solve their problems, so they can sit tight and continue to rake in the dough ...

AND, as 9/11 shows, it further exposes TGLFKAO to counter-action by moozlums ... so inclined.

==
You would think a 7 year old could figure this out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:36 pm 
Sergeant Major

I'm not so sure it represents "caving in" as you seem to think Jwilk. After all, we ALREADY got many thousands of troops in that region! :mrgreen:

jwilkerson wrote:
That's the wrong goal in my opinion. The goal of TGLFKAO should be to encourage KSA to get out there and solve their own problems and train them away from assuming others will do it for them.

Moving troops from TGLFKAO over to the KSA, moves us in exactly the wrong direction ... and encourages KSA and other gulfo-de-oilio states to assume that others will solve their problems, so they can sit tight and continue to rake in the dough ...

AND, as 9/11 shows, it further exposes TGLFKAO to counter-action by moozlums ... so inclined.

==
You would think a 7 year old could figure this out.

I also think this is a bit simplistic and reflects your good wholesome American Isolationism upbringing shining through :P
I have never understood the ultimate sources of this trend in American worldviews, but it most CERTAINLY is a thing. Not to say I'm a professed Interventionist (though I'm sure many of you might think I am).
As we've all noted many times, war is the continuation of diplomacy by other means, and to refuse to engage in diplomacy (including STEPS toward a war-footing) because those steps are on that continuum is probably not viable.
When Trumps starts agitating to actually send U.S. personnel on military operations AGAINST Iran, I'm right there with you in criticism that. But simply making some diplomatic statements that amount to "We stand by our 'Ally,'" nah, that is no big deal. Especially given Trump's mastery of using these sorts of things for good PR.
Remember when the attack was on its way to retaliate for the destroyed drone? Remember when Trump called it off, and there was a delay in his Twitter feed for long enough for the Never Trumpers to fall all over themselves in criticism?
And then, remember how he wrapped up that tamale?

Of course CNN cannot help but try to read more into the explanation and dig for something, ANYTHING that can reveal deficiencies in the President.
But the fact is: he USED that incident as a VERY effective PR stunt, he probably gained a few percentage points in 2020 as a result, and for now, THAT is what is most important.
Another four years of Trumpolini and the momentum pushing Western Civilization to the brink MIGHT just be slowed enough that whatever follows on in 2024 can have a real chance to continue to make Western Civilization Great Again . . .

Last edited by Anthropoid on Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

I don't disagree with the medium term goal you mention but I would argue there is a greater short term goal....avoiding a war in the Persian Gulf that would shock the European and Japanese and Chinese economies and, eventually, in a few months, spill over to the US (because of declining exports) and thus harm Trump's re-election chances. The idea of Elizabeth Warren as President scares the wampum out of my wallet.

A war between KSA and Iran would be a shit show with some kind of slow-motion naval standoff, Saudi inability to send their F-15's over Iran due to Russian SAM's and a missile war where each side fires at each other's cities. The Saudis would have no chance of an overland offensive and the Iranians might well cross through Kuwait or Southern Iraq and invade KSA. One thing you can say about the Iranians. The Revolutionary Guard homies fight like mofos when they are told to attack. The Iraqi shia militias might join in and the Hooties would definitely attack from the South. I don't think the Saudi Army could pull it off. Half of the men would be in Hollywood or London or Monaco inside a week

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:47 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
I don't disagree with the medium term goal you mention but I would argue there is a greater short term goal....avoiding a war in the Persian Gulf that would shock the European and Japanese and Chinese economies and, eventually, in a few months, spill over to the US (because of declining exports) and thus harm Trump's re-election chances. The idea of Elizabeth Warren as President scares the wampum out of my wallet.

A war between KSA and Iran would be a shit show with some kind of slow-motion naval standoff, Saudi inability to send their F-15's over Iran due to Russian SAM's and a missile war where each side fires at each other's cities. The Saudis would have no chance of an overland offensive and the Iranians might well cross through Kuwait or Southern Iraq and invade KSA. One thing you can say about the Iranians. The Revolutionary Guard homies fight like mofos when they are told to attack. The Iraqi shia militias might join in and the Hooties would definitely attack from the South. I don't think the Saudi Army could pull it off. Half of the men would be in Hollywood or London or Monaco inside a week

Mmmm, a collapsing KSA . . . that does sound good in a childish kind of way :mrgreen:

But yeah; you are correct. It is best that that regime does not crumble, particular as a result of an Iranian invasion . . .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:51 pm 
Sergeant Major

As useless as those two-faced worthless camel-shaggers are, the collapse of the Saudi monarchy would be a disaster. Imagine the Iranian mullahs in charge of the Saudi oil supply.

Anyone remember the absolutely fucking useless Arab coalition forces at Khafji....they couldn't advance 50 meters without a regiment of US arty and a squadron of A-10's.

Literally, 3 USMC recon guys trapped on a roof had more impact than a battalion of Arab armor.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:

Mmmm, a collapsing KSA . . . that does sound good in a childish kind of way :mrgreen:

But yeah; you are correct. It is best that that regime does not crumble, particular as a result of an Iranian invasion . . .

Yes, one must distinguish between the highly entertaining news reports of the Parthians vs the Arabs and the panicked guys in long white robes and 5 wives 20 feet behind in burkhas trying to cram onto a the last airplane our of Riyadh....vs. the aftermath of Ayatollah XXXXX in charge of the world's largest oil reserves ...not to mention the Shia taking over Mecca.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:03 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 10277
jack t ripper wrote:
The goal is to bring Iran to the table.

Agreed.

However, I do believe that there may also be an "unstated goal" to undermine the Mulalas so badly that the folks there decide to get rid of them. Their GDP is tanking and inflation is starting to move rapidly upwards. In that case, your strategic aim would be to isolate the regime, contain any form of expansionism and deter military adventurism.

For my seat in the bleachers, that is exactly what is happening and why more US troops are moving into the region. The same applies to the international naval force to protect the flow of oil from the gulf. It is actually expanding, little by little. All this as Israel bombs the snot out of Iranian forces in Syria.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next