maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 75  Next
 Post subject: Re: Iran, world powers reach historic nuclear deal
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:12 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19875
Snow Leopard wrote:

you really don't make any sense. Iran could buy a russian nuke if they wanted, and maybe have, but they haven't used it.

Nope. As far as is known. NOBODY has ever even smuggled fissionable material out of Russia, let alone a working nuke. The Russians are in a death struggle with the Chechyns. They don't want proliferation of nukes. If Iran had nukes they wouldn't be spending so much effort trying to enrich uranium.

Quote:
Pakistan is way more unstable but I don't see you and Chiteng running around like chickens with your heads cut off over them.

Indeed, Pakistan is more unstable but their nukes were a counterbalance to India...and...they didn't ask anyone permission either.

Quote:
if you look it over, the US has fucked over Iran way more than the other way around. You've both bought the propaganda you've been fed. imho of course.

Nonsense. The only reason Iran was not a Soviet vassal state was the US. As for the Shah...he was an a-hole but the country was better off than they are under the mullahs now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:41 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 12189
In addition the Iranians promised that the check was in the mail and that they would pull out before they came. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:45 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16928
The USA would have been better off never dicking around with or taking any sides in the middle east and we'd be better off if now, having stuck our damb feet in, we took them out. I don't give a damb if Iran has nukes. They're the most rational people in all of Africa, the Arabian peninsula, and south central Asia. They're not going to nuke the USA ever, and if they nuke Israel (which they would not) it'd be none of the USA's business. IMO everyone who wants the US to start a war with Iran should eat a cyanide pill and increase the US IQ.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:05 pm 
Honorary Texan

Reputation points: 8023
Chiteng wrote:
Yes. Peace in our time.

Just like when Jimma Carter made his "historic deal" with the NK's.

Harry Truman was a commie symp but at least he dropped atom bombs on Japan.

Democratic Presidents always start wars, fuck-up the economy, fuck-up society, fuck-up the military and generally fuck-up anything they touch.

But they do give away freebies is the reason we are in the shape we're in.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:47 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 16718
Snow Leopard wrote:
[

you really don't make any sense. Iran could buy a russian nuke if they wanted, and maybe have, but they haven't used it. Pakistan is way more unstable but I don't see you and Chiteng running around like chickens with your heads cut off over them.

if you look it over, the US has fucked over Iran way more than the other way around. You've both bought the propaganda you've been fed. imho of course.

Pakistan knows the Indians would not hesitate to retaliate in response to a nuclear attack. Obama would suck up an attack on the U.S., as long as it happened in a red state. Him and Lurch gave them everything they demanded. An Iranian nuclear attack on a western city is now just a matter of time.

The U.S. is the best thing that ever happened to Iran. the Russians would have left them eating rats.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:23 am 
Varmint

Reputation points: 1878
mdiehl wrote:
The USA would have been better off never dicking around with or taking any sides in the middle east and we'd be better off if now, having stuck our damb feet in, we took them out. I don't give a damb if Iran has nukes. They're the most rational people in all of Africa, the Arabian peninsula, and south central Asia. They're not going to nuke the USA ever, and if they nuke Israel (which they would not) it'd be none of the USA's business. IMO everyone who wants the US to start a war with Iran should eat a cyanide pill and increase the US IQ.

Start a war? No. I want to see the entire country destroyed from one end to the other.
Any 'war' that was started would result in US ground troops being sent in, sooner or later.
That is NOT what I want.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:28 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 3006
jack t ripper wrote:

Nope. As far as is known. NOBODY has ever even smuggled fissionable material out of Russia, let alone a working nuke. The Russians are in a death struggle with the Chechyns. They don't want proliferation of nukes. If Iran had nukes they wouldn't be spending so much effort trying to enrich uranium.

just going by what I've read there are many claims about missing suitcase nukes. further, a couple in hand are not enough for deterence if the US and Israel wished to invade. Again, what is wrong with their right to keep and bear arms for self defense?

jack t ripper wrote:

Indeed, Pakistan is more unstable but their nukes were a counterbalance to India...and...they didn't ask anyone permission either.

yes but would India intervene if Pakistan nuked the US. Remember India is a rather recent US ally. Probably still harbour some soreness over our alliance with Pakistan.
jack t ripper wrote:

Nonsense. The only reason Iran was not a Soviet vassal state was the US. As for the Shah...he was an a-hole but the country was better off than they are under the mullahs now.

No it isn't nonsense, it is documented fact actually. What isn't documented fact is your assertion that they would be a Russian vassal state. Russia had a bunch of more powerful vassal states and that didn't mean jack shit. But for sake of argument, so fucking what if they were? That gave us the right to install a brutal dictator? I think they would have been better off if we hadn't intervened at all.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:22 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 16718
If "we" hadn't intervened at all, Iran would be like Somalia. There would be no oil money, no schools, no hospitals. They would all be sitting in the sand waiting for cargo.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:34 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 4444
Snow Leopard wrote:
just going by what I've read there are many claims about missing suitcase nukes.

Ah. Oprah wants to get her feminine hygiene products back.

Quote:
further, a couple in hand are not enough

Yer right. They gotta lead to a push in the bush.

That's why I'm tellin' you, I just want to celebrate another day of livin'...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:06 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Quote:
the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

Iran doesn't have a right to keep and bear arms.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 75  Next