maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Europeans Agree to Consider Changes on Trade, ...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:33 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 13228
Quote:
Politics

Europeans Agree to Consider Changes on Trade, EU Official Says
In meeting with President Trump, Europeans agree to work on lowering industrial tariffs, increase LNG exports and soy beans
President Donald Trump met with European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker in the Oval Office of the White House on Wednesday.
President Donald Trump met with European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker in the Oval Office of the White House on Wednesday. Photo: Evan Vucci/Associated Press
539 COMMENTS
By Vivan Salama and
Valentina Pop
Updated July 25, 2018 3:53 p.m. ET
(Continued)
https://www.wsj.com/articles/ahead-of-e ... 1532524795
Is this a Trump win?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Europeans Agree to Consider Changes on Trade, ...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
The thing to remember is Juncker can't actually deliver on anything himself.

Soy imports are going to run up against the protectionist EU anti-GMO rules. There will inevitably be some protected, inefficient EU soy bean growers who will throw a tantrum.

Interesting about the LNG issue. USG LNG exports increased %400 in 2107. There are now two big ports, Sabine Pass, LA and Maryland. Now you can clearly see why Trump was giving the Germans shit about natural gas from Russia. He's trying to force them to import AMERICAN LNG at the expense of Russian exports. :lol:

That is some very odd behavior for a "puppet"

Quote:
EIA: U.S. LNG exports quadtrupled in 2017

3/27/2018

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- U.S. exports of liquefied natural gas (LNG) reached 1.94 Bcfd in 2017, up from 0.5 Bcfd in 2016. As LNG exports increased, shipments went to more destinations. U.S. LNG exports in 2017, all of which originated from Louisiana’s Sabine Pass liquefaction terminal, reached 25 countries.

null
Source: EIA.

More than half (53%) of U.S. LNG exports in 2017 were shipped to three countries: Mexico, South Korea, and China. Mexico received the largest amount of U.S. LNG exports, at 20% of the 2017 total. Growing natural gas demand in Mexico, particularly from the power generation sector, and delays in the construction of domestic pipelines connecting to U.S. export pipelines led Mexico to rely on LNG imports to supplement imports of natural gas by pipeline.

In Asia, the widening difference between the Henry Hub natural gas price—to which U.S. LNG contract prices are indexed—and crude oil—to which LNG prices are benchmarked in Asia—helped to drive increases in LNG imports from the United States. Exports to South Korea accounted for 18% of total U.S. LNG exports in 2017 and were part of long-term contracts between sellers Cheniere Energy and Shell and the Korean natural gas buyers—utilities KOGAS and KEPCO. Exports to China made up 15% of total U.S. LNG exports. These exports were sold mostly on a spot basis, with volumes in October, November, and December increasing as record-high LNG demand prompted China to seek additional LNG on the global spot market to supplement contracted volumes.

Almost 60% of U.S. LNG in 2017 was sold on a spot basis to more than 20 countries in Asia, North and South America, Europe, the Middle East and North Africa, and the Caribbean. Although liquefaction capacity at Sabine Pass is fully contracted under long-term contracts to various buyers, flexibility in those contracts’ destination clauses allows U.S. LNG to be shipped to any market in the world.

After countries in Asia and North America (Mexico), countries in Europe collectively accounted for the third-largest share of U.S. LNG exports. LNG imports by several European countries increased in 2017, driven by increased demand primarily from the power generation sector. South American LNG imports declined in 2017. Demand for natural gas in that region is highly variable and is affected by the availability of competing lower-cost natural gas supply and hydro generation output.

The increase in LNG exports over the past two years is the result of the continuing expansion of U.S. LNG export capacity. Two LNG projects—Sabine Pass in Louisiana and Cove Point in Maryland—have come online since 2016, increasing U.S. LNG export capacity to 3.6 Bcfd.

Last edited by jack t ripper on Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:31 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15927
Looks like a Trump win to me, but we'll have to see if the Eurotards try to walk it back. Right now the EU tariffs the shit out of US goods and has a zillion chickenshit import regulations that were cooked up solely as barriers to US goods and services.

If this even results in a dumping of the EU auto tariff to US levels its a win for the Trump plan.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:34 pm 
Sergeant Major

This is the part where Nemo complains about US "subsidy" of Boeing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

You know, for a clownish buffoon it begins to look like Trump has a staged, step-by-step plan here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:18 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
You know, for a clownish buffoon it begins to look like Trump has a staged, step-by-step plan here.

Big Idiot = Evil Genius

I keep wondering how they can square that circle. :lol: :lol:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
Some genius indeed.

BRAD REED wrote:

‘It had to be very simple’: Europeans used ‘colorful cue cards’ to explain trade to Trump

European Union officials who flew to Washington, D.C. this week to try to negotiate a trade treaty with President Donald Trump knew that they couldn’t present him with large sets of complicated information, according to a new report from the Wall Street Journal.

Specifically, the Journal’s sources say that EU representatives made use of “colorful cue cards” that they thought would help keep the president’s attention during meetings. Each card contained what WSJ describes as “simplified explainers” that “had at most three figures about a specific topic, such as trade in cars or standards for medical devices.”

One European official speaking anonymously to WSJ reporters says that they knew they’d have to dumb things down compared to typical meetings they had with world leaders given the president’s penchant for getting distracted during meetings and presentations.

“We knew this wasn’t an academic seminar,” the official says. “It had to be very simple.”

Last year, a White House confidant told the Washington Post that Trump only had enough patience to get through a “half page” of information during a meeting, and would often tune out of meetings if they lasted longer than just two minutes.

“Even a single page of bullet points on the country seemed to tax the president’s attention span on the subject, said senior White House officials,” the Post reported.

I just wonder how focused Trump was during that two hours with Putin in Helsinki last week? :shock:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:33 pm 
Sergeant Major

Brilliant! Your goal is to FAVORABLY influence the President of the nation with the largest economy in the world....so you leak a bullshit story about color-coded briefing cards as if you are teaching 2nd grade.

Somebody is DELIBERATELY trying to sabotage the negotiation. Nemo, of course, laps it up like a Chihuahua eating ice cream.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
jack t ripper wrote:
Brilliant! Your goal is to FAVORABLY influence the President of the nation with the largest economy in the world....so you leak a bullshit story about color-coded briefing cards as if you are teaching 2nd grade.

Somebody is DELIBERATELY trying to sabotage the negotiation. Nemo, of course, laps it up like a Chihuahua eating ice cream.

WSJ. ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

Trump built and managed a multi-billion dollar corporation.

That says a lot about his understanding of business and economics.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail