maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Finally Some Common Sense
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:28 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 20000
USA Powerlifting organization bans transgender women from competing...

Quote:
The American organization in charge of setting up powerlifting competitions in the U.S. announced last week it will not permit transgender women to compete as women because of the use of testosterone in treatments for transitioning.

USA Powerlifting released a statement in late January outlining its position after JayCee Cooper, a trans woman, had an application to compete in a Minnesota event denied.

“USA Powerlifting is an inclusive organization for all athletes and members who comply with its rules, policies, procedures, and bylaws. USA Powerlifting is not a fit for every athlete and for every medical condition or situation,” a portion of the statement read.

The organization added that, following the medical policies adopted by the International Powerlifting Federation, it does not permit the use of “testosterone or other androgens, commonly used to assist in transition from female to male.”

“By virtue of the anabolic nature of these compounds, they are not allowed, nor is a Therapeutic Use Exemption granted for such use for anyone," the statement explained. "This applies to any and all medical conditions which might be treated through use of androgens."

USA Powerlifting said the decision was made in part due to the “potential advantage in strength sports” that men generally have over women.

"Through analysis the impact of maturation in the presence naturally occurring androgens as the level necessary for male development, significant advantages are had, including, but not limited to, increased body and muscle mass, bone density, bone structure, and connective tissue," the statement declared. "These advantages are not eliminated by reduction of serum androgens such as testosterone yielding a potential advantage in strength sports such as powerlifting."

Cooper, who can still compete in smaller events in her home town for the league’s untested divisions, told Outsports.com that she hopes the organization will one day change its policy on transgender individuals.

“I am hopeful that the USAPL membership will stand up for trans inclusion and be on the right side of history. Trans athletes should not be feared but celebrated fiercely,” Cooper said.

Last October, an American bronze medalist who lost a world championship cycling race to a transgender woman from Canada criticized the results as unfair.

In June, a transgender high school student — born a male — dominated female competition in 100- and 200-meter dashes in a Connecticut state track and field championship, sparking backlash from parents.

As of 2015, IOC guidelines require biologically born men who identify as transgender to block certain amounts of natural testosterone, but no longer require gender reassignment surgery in order to compete with one gender or the other.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/usa-powe ... -competing

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Finally Some Common Sense
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16959
Well DUH! :mrgreen:

There was an article that I coveted as precious many years ago, damn I cannot even think of the author's name or the exact title now. But it was written by a sociobiologist in around 1990, i.e., the period of the "Sociobiology Wars" in academia. At that time, there was a radical "Post-modernist" movement which originated primarily from Cultural anthropology and other humanities oriented social sciences which sought to vilify and reject sociobiology as being racist, sexist, and evil. This period led to the literal schism of many departments of anthropology in the U.S. in which the Biological Anthropology faculty (who were tolerant of sociobiology) broke away from their anti-sociobiology colleagues and formed new departments . . .

Sadly, I cannot recall the title, but I can capture the basic essence of the best part of the message in the title . . . ah wait! . . . HOLEE SHEEIT!! I found it!

Ha! You gotta love google advanced search: I typed in: Exact phrase: biologically ignorant, est voila!
Why Most Sociologists Don't (And Won't) Think Evolutionarily

Quote:
Abstract
The general failure of sociologists to understand, much less accept, an evolutionary perspective on human behavior transcends mere ignorance and ideological bias, although it incorporates a good deal of both. It also includes a general anthropocentric discomfort with evolutionary thinking, a self-interested resistance to self-understanding, and a trained sociological incapacity to accept the fundamental canons of scientific theory construction: reductionism, individualism, materialism, and parsimony.

I still haven't bothered to get an active Uni library account at my alma mater, and I'm not gonna pay to access the full article just for one post in the Madhouse . . . but here is the snippet of text that google found with that search string :mrgreen:
Quote:
Blessed be the biologically ignorant for they shall see the Kingdom of Sociology. Interestingly, the sorry state of contemporary ignorance of and indiffer- ence or ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15052
Quote:
... Evolutionarily ...

Now THERE's a word for ya !!!

:D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:26 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 562
Just check the DNA: XX - female, XY - male. If someone has something different, disqualified for not being a human. Unless scientific counterevidence.

We don't need the 32 sexes in sport (or otherwise), the genes tell all. But everyone can LARP though.

So it goes.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:54 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 13228

Profile E-mail