maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 137  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shooting and Firearms
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:13 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 11032
This will reach out to 800 yards no lo problemo.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:00 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 2562
The ammo shortage, at least over here, is due to Western governments buying like there is not tomorrow. Maybe there isn't and they know more than we do.

There's is a lot speculation in the shooting community, but some guy on a gun board actually went beyond rumor and dug up the invitation for bids. Austrian police alone bought 35,000,000 rounds in 2015. Army another 35,330,000 round of 5,56 NATO this year alone. And that's just Austria, larger countries buying as hell as well.

My gun dealer says ammo manufacturers prefer selling to the government because of higher trade margins. Backlog for my order of 9mm round nose is 1 to 1 1/2 years.

Meanwhile the wrestling over the #EUgunban continues. The impromptu gun lobby "Firearms United" did well so far, a lot of outrageous propositions are off the table. What seems to be the status quo in the intranspartent EU law making process is:

- Ban everything semiauto centerfire that looks like an AK or AR-15.
- Ban everything that was full auto and got converted to semiauto.
- Mag cap limit of 10 rounds for rifles and 20 for handguns.
- Force ppl to store ammo and weapon seperately, which would put a de facto end to home defense.

Firearms United calls for donations to help them over the next round of the fight and to professionalize their structures. Payments can be made via PayPal or intra EU SEPA transfer:

https://firearms-united.com/de/2016/12/ ... -firearms/

I know, but big girls need love too.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:55 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4149
Gun ban? The French seem to have an issue with guns as it is. Awful lot of full auto AK running around over there

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:31 am 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 12587
But their gun ban is working. You never hear about innocent blacks and Muslims with their hands up being murdered by racists in Yurope.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:50 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 9540
2016-12-17
1000-1200
5F
20 MPH NE

Goals: 5.56(18) 500yds with 55gr XM193 FM REMAN

Environment: Cool and snowing. Forecast varies, but snow all day and -7F or so before morning. Wind variable direction but usually the snow is coming down sideways.

Pic from top of signal hill showing snowfall

Equipment: 5.56(18) with B5-25x, atlas, SPW556, kestrel, LRF, buggy

Activity: Two friends from KC threaten to come out tomorrow and go shooting with me. I’m not sure they will make it, given the conditions, but I figure I must prepare.

I think it will be easier if I have them shoot my 5.56(18) and have it setup before hand.

So I setup a 500yds NRA regular 10 point target and a 100yds NRA 10 point target and one of the new shootingsteel7 steel targets.

The 100yd groups was good on elevation but seemed to be a bit to the left The wind could’ve done that, but also possible due to high winds last time, that my zero is off a bit on windage.

Pic from 100yd position

Proceeded to 500yds, and fired 5rd group on paper and was low and but straddling the bull. I held 1.25 mils for wind. I could see the wind direction because of the snow fall and it was right to left across the bullet path. The speed was varying between 15 and 22. I could see and hear the variation of the wind.

Then fired 10rd group at the steel and got 6 hits. That isn’t great but it is what it is. In general I could not see the splash of the misses, but finally I did see one just off the left shoulder. I was aiming at the center of the head, as my elevation was hitting a little low and I had been holding between 1.75 and 1.25 mils. Once I saw that miss, I was on target for the rest. The target was at an angle thus reducing the profile width by maybe an inch. These targets say they are 12x24 inches.

Pic of 500yd position

My zero stop is set at 500yds, so I held down 3 mils at 100yds and no hold for elevation at 500yds. The 55gr is about 1/10th of a mil low at 500yds.

Pic of target

So, if I call the wind and the visitors can get decent eye relief and diopter settings, then they should get some hits at least.

(update - visitors cancelled - they missed a great day for shooting today!)

(rescheduling for 1 Jan)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:46 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 13223
Update:

EU is seriously trying to take away all guns from Finnish reservists and regional defense troops. They will also take away many of the guns from hunters.

Meanwhile EU has not issued anything remotely in the way of helping us defend our territory against Russian strategic attacks utilizing their special forces to stop our mobilization.

Essentially, EU wants to castrate Finland's defenses AND disarm the population. BECAUSE the Muslims are shooting people in Paris.

Fuck EU.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:00 am 
First Sergeant

<<EU is seriously trying to take away all guns from Finnish reservists and regional defense troops. They will also take away many of the guns from hunters.>>

R U sure?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:28 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 9548
Yeah, Muslims get hold of some full-auto rifles and trucks and nail bombs and go on a rampage or five and Brussels gets the panties twisted to "control guns" more. If it wasn't pathetic and terrifying the global leftist disarmament-hysterics movement would be hilarious in its irrationality and idiocy.

Groups like the NRA don't particularly help our cause with their completely out of touch branding though. I've seen a few glimpses recently that suggest they MIGHT be getting a clue . . . but I fear Trumps victory will embolden them to be even more stupid than they have been during Obama's reign.

There are lots of sleazy marketing types who only care about money and sexual conquests in the broom closet. There are also some marketing firms that are almost entirely partisan (well, none on the "right" that I know of, but a few on the left anyway).

And then lastly, there are competent, successful, effective marketing firms, without a political ax to grind (and who do not allow politics to intrude into the work place) who can actually add value to a a business. Why the NRA has insisted on following the gut instincts of its "President" of whoever it is, instead of actually trying to promote their cause RATIONALLY eludes me. All I can come up with is: a significant part of the praxis for "pro-2nd Amendment" organizations like NRA is emotion. If you are primarily motivated by emotion, then you are going to do what your ideology suggests you should do, and not what rational and pragmatic analysis suggests you should do.

Please "gun culture," do NOT use the Rise to Power of Trumpolini as an excuse to retreat even further into your infantile ideological rants and imagery (note jwilk and guys on here, NONE of my rant is directed at you guys, just at the "big orgs" that are the national and international faces of our cause). Be rational and pragmatic. Collect "real" data and try to understand it instead of massaging it into what you want it to be. Where it alarms you think about what you can do to respond in a proper businesslike way = good marketing, so as to reverse the lost market share. Where it encourage you, same thing = use good marketing and branding to promote the cause.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:01 pm 
First Sergeant

The "Big Hope" in TGLFKAO ... for the gun nuts, seems to be the so called "HPA" = Hearing Protection Act.

This was in motion well before the election, though it would've been a forlorn hope had clitun been elected. However, with the apparently election of trumpf, the gunners are all jumping up and down thinking they will get the HPA.

What would that change?

Right now, to own a suppressor, one must jump through a number of hurdles.

01 - Selector the suppressor you want.
02 - Select the local dealer you want.
03 - Select the dealer/distributor you want to use.
04 - Purchase the suppressor.
05 - Complete the Form 04 to ask the ATF for permission to own the suppressor>
06 - Obtain valid photos from your shire-reeve to submit with your Form 04
07 - Obtain valid finger print cards from your shire-reeve to submit with your Form 04
08 - Write check for tax stamp to ATF to include with your Form 04
09 - Mail your Form 04 package to the ATF.
10 - Track the successful Form 03 processing which transfers the suppressor from your dealer/distributor to your local dealer.
11 - Wait, wait, wait for the ATF to do their background check on you and mail the Form 04 back to your local dealer (this took 3.5 months on average in 2015, it is taking about 9 months on average in 2016, we anticipate peaking at 12 months for early 2017 deliveries).
12 - Go to your local dealer to pick up your suppressor.
13 - Go thru another background check to actually pick up your suppressor.
14 - Take your suppressor home (with the Form 04)

==
If the HPA passes, the process would be:

01 - 01 - Selector the suppressor you want.
02 - Select the local dealer you want.

12 - Go to your local dealer to pick up your suppressor.
13 - Go thru a background check to actually pick up your suppressor.
14 - Take your suppressor home (with the Form 04)

So, no ATF involvement, no tax stamp, no double background checks, no photos, no finger prints and most importantly, no months of waiting.

The gunners act like they are 97% sure all this is going to happen. Time will tell.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:34 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 11032
One more positive move.

Actually, the big HOPE is that the progressives or democrats and the reactionary church-statists will shut the fuck up about trying to stomp all over everyone's 1st, 2nd, and 4-7th amendment rights.

I wonder if anyone has ever challenged an eminent domain taking by demanding a jury trial? (7th Amendment).

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 137  Next