maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 732 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 74  Next
 Post subject: Re: Picture worth 1000 words.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:28 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
nero wrote:
I just wonder the red dot in South Dakota, Oglala Lakota redskins I assume. :lol:

It pains me to say this ;) but Nero is absolutely correct:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_d ... uth_Dakota

(but not politically correct for using the racist term 'redskins')

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:36 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13856
Quote:
Oglala Lakota County (which is located entirely within the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation) is a dry county. Taxes on alcohol consumed within the county go to other counties.

What? That makes no sense.

"Dry county" means no alcohol ALLOWED. NONE.

Or at least that was what it meant back in Barren County, Kentucky in the days when I used to visit there often. Many of us would often bring small amounts of alcohol with us to the Cave Research Foundation headquarters, just outside Mammoth Cave National Park. There was a tacit agreement on the part of CRF leadership, and the park service (with whom CRF cooperated extensively) that this breach of law wouldn't be aggressively enforced so long as it was kept discrete and "under wraps." That meant, no talking about it with anyone who wasn't in CRF, no brandishing containers, no drinking outside of buildings, and no drunkenness. It functioned just fine that way, and the cavers who enjoyed a bit of ETOH muscle relaxant after a trip were allowed to indulge themselves.

But the fact was: we were all in breach of county law. Alcohol was not allowed in Barren County AT ALL. Any LEO who found it was pretty much required by law to confiscate it or pour it out and generally expected to write a small citation for it. I even seem to recall this having happened to some folks on occasion. I believe that people who are merely traveling THROUGH Barren county and can present a credible argument as such were exempted.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:26 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1862
Anthropoid wrote:
Quote:
Oglala Lakota County (which is located entirely within the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation) is a dry county. Taxes on alcohol consumed within the county go to other counties.

What? That makes no sense.

"Dry county" means no alcohol ALLOWED. NONE.

Or at least that was what it meant back in Barren County, Kentucky in the days when I used to visit there often. Many of us would often bring small amounts of alcohol with us to the Cave Research Foundation headquarters, just outside Mammoth Cave National Park. There was a tacit agreement on the part of CRF leadership, and the park service (with whom CRF cooperated extensively) that this breach of law wouldn't be aggressively enforced so long as it was kept discrete and "under wraps." That meant, no talking about it with anyone who wasn't in CRF, no brandishing containers, no drinking outside of buildings, and no drunkenness. It functioned just fine that way, and the cavers who enjoyed a bit of ETOH muscle relaxant after a trip were allowed to indulge themselves.

But the fact was: we were all in breach of county law. Alcohol was not allowed in Barren County AT ALL. Any LEO who found it was pretty much required by law to confiscate it or pour it out and generally expected to write a small citation for it. I even seem to recall this having happened to some folks on occasion. I believe that people who are merely traveling THROUGH Barren county and can present a credible argument as such were exempted.

The US was a dry country under the prohibition, in theory. In Finland the alcohol consumption increased four times, and the smugglers became popular heroes.

The same insanity is going on with drugs.

Free weed.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:08 am 
Sergeant Major

Saw this at Ace of Spades HQ:

:lol:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:46 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

Title Berkeley, California. University of California Student Peace Strike. About half of the students assembled at the University of California Peace Strike. Most of them have books and they have "cut" their 11:00 o'clock classes
Date 19 April 1940

Source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America_F ... tee#Issues

:roll: hmmmm.....some things never change.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:26 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Does not compute...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:11 am 
Sergeant Major

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:10 pm 
Sergeant Major

I suspect that the Syrian children's parents haven't figured out yet what a 'furry' is. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:25 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 16907
chijohnaok wrote:

I suspect that the Syrian children's parents haven't figured out yet what a 'furry' is. :lol:

Wait until they find out what "yiff" means and what they get up to in those fur suits...

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 732 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 74  Next