maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Will political correctness kill Halloween?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:46 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10789
LaPalice wrote:
I read somewhere that one of the reasons why the Catholics slaughtered the Protestants during the Saint Barthélémy was that the Protestants wanted to ban all the hollidays that existed (all those saint days).

As, I've been saying most of my life ... I won't bother them, if they don't bother me :).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:08 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 6825

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:21 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15634
Dogs and Daleks protesting.

That's awesome!

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:24 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4650
mdiehl wrote:
U of Colorado students should tell the hierarchy to drop dead. Telling bureaucrats and people with authority to "stuff it" is one of the best and most endearing traditions of liberalism.

This is what being a true American means.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:44 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10352
One time many years ago, pretty much the entire graduate department of my Uni had a Halloween party and the deal was everyone was supposed to come 'in drag.'

By God it was just about the most hilarious fucking party you have ever seen. First of all I am extremely masculine :mrgreen: Big bulging, shaggy pecs, biceps, etc. I also grow quite a thick beard.

So naturally what I did was not shave for about a week, so it was to that thick scrubble stage, then I borrowed one of the female students prom dresses: the cutest little purple chiffon strapless. Took some balloons to create some big bosoms, and OMG people were falling down and pissing themselves laughing.

There was this one guy, former varsity swimmer at Columbia, must've been 6'2", and huge broad square shoulders. I don't remember what wig and dress he was wearing but it was fucking hilarious.

This other guy had lived in Colombia for several years and was really gaunt tall and thin with this huge adam's apple, OMG he looked like a middle aged street walker who'd been run over by the ugly truck repeatedly . . . and on and on it went. Nothing more hiliarious than 15 or 20 adult men all dressed up as women, and especially when done in totally over the top fashion.

Obviously this was all in very bad taste and all of us should be hunted down and executed by the PC Police.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

It's almost that time of the year again, so.....

Student magazine warns against 'racist' Halloween costumes

----------

Quote:
Halloween costume fun on campus? ‘Unacceptable’, but targeting Trump is fine

“Gone are the days when college students could dress up without fear of being reported to a bias response team,” The College Fix noted in an Oct. 16 report. “In recent years, more and more campus leaders have made it their mission to warn students what not to wear.”

Sombreros – out. Rice hats – out. In fact, just forget about wearing any kind of hat from another culture.

Don’t even think about dressing up as Pocahontas, even if you are just paying homage to Sen. Elizabeth Warren.

http://www.worldtribune.com/halloween-c ... p-is-fine/

=======

Quote:
Of course, if the costume makes fun of Donald Trump, the guide says to "do it!"

http://www.dailywire.com/news/22322/col ... rank-camp#

---------

With that said, have a Happy Halloween! ;)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:13 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 14671
US needs Commissaars at campuses with full rights to identify, prosecute, sentence and execute political dissidents.

Think of it as a costume that the most politically devout and correct get to wear all year round that has this funny twist that they can sort of kill you if you are caught having wrong opinions.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:13 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 12340
You could always dress up as Anne Frank...

Quote:
A costume of Anne Frank has been removed from websites, including one for Halloween fancy dress, after Holocaust survivors families reacted with horror.

The outfit, which was marketed as “Anne Frank costume for girls” on sites including Halloweencostumes.eu, included a blue overcoat, green beret, brown satchel and brown paper name tag.

The same costume - made by British costume company Smiffy's - was also available on Amazon under 'World War II Evacuee Girl Costume", for £10.

The company which owns Halloweencostumes.eu, Fun.com, said it has withdrawn the costume from its websites and apologised for any offence caused.

But horrified Twitter users condemned the outfit, describing it as "inappropriate" and "offensive".

Anne Frank became a symbol of resilience and hope amid the Holocaust after the diary she kept while hiding from the Nazis was posthumously published.

Born in June 1929, she fled Frankfurt for Amsterdam with her father Otto, mother Edith and sister Margot, as the Nazis rose to power in Germany.

However the Netherlands fell to Hitler’s forces in 1940 and in 1942 Otto took the family into hiding in an annex in his firm’s offices.

The family lived in the cramped annex with others fleeing the Nazis for two years while Anne chronicled their life in hiding in her diary.

The hideout was betrayed in August 1944 and the Franks were sent to the notorious Auschwitz camp in Nazi-occupied Poland. Anne died of typhus aged 15 in the Bergen-Belsen camp, just months before the end of the war. Her father Otto was the only family member to survive the conflict.

Holocaust memorial groups and survivors said linking Anne Frank to a Halloween costume was "very distressing."

Lilian Black is the chair of the Leeds-based Holocaust Survivors' Friendship Association (HSFA) and her father Eugene Black was liberated from Bergen-Belsen, the same camp in which Anne Frank died.

She said: "There have been a number of these costumes being created for Halloween. I do not know where people are in their heads to think that the Holocaust is something that's amusing.

"I just cannot grasp how this sort of thing happens, but it does and it does frequently. There is nothing funny about this at all."

A spokesman for Fun.co.uk apologised for the Anne Frank costume and said the company sold a number of historical themed outfits.

He added: “We offer several types of historically accurate costumes - from prominent figures to political figures, to television characters.

“We take feedback from customers very seriously. We have passed the feedback along regarding this costume and it has been removed from the website at this time. We apologise for any offence it has caused, as that was never our intention.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10 ... provoking/

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:34 am 
Sergeant Major

I wonder if Halloweencostumes.eu, Fun.com also offer costumes for "9/11 dead" or "Bataclan dead"?
A glowing costume for "Hiroshima victim" might also be nifty.

Profile E-mail