maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject: Re: Angela Merkel celebrates after German election win
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:55 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 2952
Scharfschütze wrote:
The soc-dems have agreed to form the next gov with the Archtraitor, so Germany will be staying the course. Rejoice, for Mutti knows best!

Quote:
Germany coalition talks: Merkel welcomes breakthrough

German politicians have achieved a breakthrough in talks aimed at forming a new coalition government.
A blueprint for formal negotiations was agreed between Chancellor Angela Merkel's Christian Democrats (CDU) and their former coalition partners, the Social Democrats (SPD).
Politicians stayed up all night to discuss the 28-page document, with the talks lasting more than 24 hours.
But they managed to reach agreement on key sticking points such as migration.
They plan to limit asylum-seeker arrivals to about 200,000 annually. The blueprint also speaks of capping at 1,000 a month the number of migrants who will be allowed to join their family living in Germany.
Both the CDU and SPD suffered their worst election results for more than 50 years.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42660761

My bold. That´s the "worst results" as of know, both parties are responsible for massive errors of judgement and obviously did not get the message.

It´s still ~15000 illegals into the country per month as of know, add the 200.000 per annum these clowns are allowing for while the occasional deportation flight to Kabul carries 7.

Well we know now ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:02 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17050
Proportional representation, delivering yet another establishment stitch up.

I like to see losers clearly ejected, not collaborating with their supposed enemies to keep out outsiders.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:27 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
The "Center Right party" (NPR terminology) announced "We have heard the concerns of voters so next year refugees will be capped at no more than 825,000" :lol: :lol:

Dude, I doubt that is what the voters said.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:45 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 2952
EUBanana wrote:
Proportional representation, delivering yet another establishment stitch up.

I like to see losers clearly ejected, not collaborating with their supposed enemies to keep out outsiders.

You know back in 2015 I was pretty vocal in private circles about the sheer folly of it all and specifically about the Merkel gov superseding the law, and for some people that view was hard to stomach.
Well.
Now it´s 2018 and you have quite a few people voicing much less nuanced concerns.

This will be a coalition of losers indeed, stumbling about, struggling with the burden of mistakes past.

Not so sure about the outsiders path, the Greens got their protestant-church do-gooders, the AfD sports oddballs and die-hard social conservatives, thing about German politicians is ... well if you are socialized German and really gifted you rather go into science of engineering instead of politics or business, with of course, many exceptions. As always, the worst people go for law. ;)

So there´s space in politics for the dutiful, which is what we have got now.

Coming to think of it, Frau Minister and Herr Staatssekretär are still zooming about Berlin in armoured Limos, guarded by the BKA, as they have been for most of the last decade, so no disturbers of the peace thereabouts, and Berlin journos have learned to be tame lest the eternal chancellor´s lackeys deny them the usual perks.
So outsiders to the circle of power are where they belong indeed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:39 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
jack t ripper wrote:
The "Center Right party" (NPR terminology) announced "We have heard the concerns of voters so next year refugees will be capped at no more than 825,000" :lol: :lol:

Dude, I doubt that is what the voters said.

Man... I hope the Germans can neuter those assholes soon.

Otherwise they're just going to continue filling the country with enough foreign voters to keep them in just enough power to continue as-is.

Foreign Voter Feedback Loop can keep the balance tipped, and Merkel's lot in charge. That's what the Dems have been doing here, too, and it's finally come to a head.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15