maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: Fukushima
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:10 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15557

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:12 pm 
Sergeant Major

BED - "banana equivalent dose" :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_equivalent_dose

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:41 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15259
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11 ... fukushima/

Japan earthquake: 7.4 magnitude quake strikes off Fukushima - tsunami warning issued

Quote:
The cooling system of the third reactor at the Fukushima nuclear power plant has stopped circulating water following a powerful 7.3 offshore earthquake. TEPCO said it managed to restart the system some 90 minutes after the failure.

According to the Nuclear Regulatory Agency the cooling system servicing the Unit 3 spent fuel pool is not able to circulate water to cool the nuclear fuel because of a broken pump.

Although the heat in the pool is slowly rising, the agency said that at such a pace the heat is unlikely to rise to a “dangerous level” in any “foreseeable future.”

https://www.rt.com/news/367714-fukushim ... arthquake/

:shock:

Well, this could be a real pucker up moment.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:42 pm 
Sergeant Major

1.4 m tsunami at Sendai. Well below their seawall.

This was only a cooling pool that lost active cooling. Now working. Problem solved.....unless it was a preshock. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:18 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15259
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asi ... nt-9111600

Quote:
'Unexploded WWII bomb' found at Japan Fukushima nuclear plant

10 Aug 2017 03:39PM (Updated: 10 Aug 2017 04:22PM)

TOKYO: A suspected World War II bomb was found Thursday (Aug 10) on the premises of Japan's crippled Fukushima nuclear plant, an official said, with police called in to investigate.

The 85-centimetre long object, believed to be an unexploded bomb dropped by the United States during the war, was discovered by workers constructing a parking lot close to the facility's reactors, a spokesman for Fukushima operator Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) said.

TEPCO called police immediately upon finding the object, suspending construction work and roping off the area around 1km from the reactors, he added.

There was no impact on ongoing decommissioning operations at the nuclear plant, which suffered meltdowns in March 2011 after a powerful earthquake spawned a huge tsunami.

Japan's Jiji Press reported that under such circumstances police call in bomb disposal experts from Japan's military.

Unexploded US bombs and shells are still occasionally found in Japan more than 70 years after the conflict ended in 1945, particularly on the southern island of Okinawa where an extremely bloody battle took place in the war's closing months.

A Japanese military airport existed in the area around the Fukushima site in northeastern Japan during the war, and the area was a target of US bombing raids.

The meltdowns at Fukushima in 2011 were the world's worst such accident since Chernobyl in 1986.

TEPCO and the government are facing a four-decade task of cleaning up and decommissioning the facility, while tens of thousands of people remain displaced, the majority from Fukushima prefecture due to high radiation.

Source: AFP

That power company just can't get a break, can they. :lol:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:28 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10226
Wow, that is an awesome chart *drools*

I had that scaling kind of sorted out in my head already, but so neat to see it graphically!

Radiation exposure is fascinating.

Where did you get that Ripper?

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14