maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1781 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 175, 176, 177, 178, 179  Next
 Post subject: Re: Western strikes against Syria
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:21 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15759
Long article with videos and photos:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/19/worl ... .html?_r=0

Quote:
This Is What Victory Over ISIS Looks Like

By MEGAN SPECIAOCT. 19, 2017

The declarations of victory played out across Iraq and Syria: the long campaigns to retake city after city from Islamic State militants had come to an end.

But the hard-won battles left vast destruction in their wake, and the celebrations from atop the rubble of once-grand buildings are ringing hollow for hundreds of thousands of displaced residents.

Iraqis and Syrians return to cities that are ghosts of their former glory, lacking the infrastructure for normal life to begin again. Now they must grapple with how to rebuild.

Continued at above link

Utter devastation.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:26 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16181
Help me to understand...we have Iraqi and Syrian Sunnis complaining about destruction of their cities when the reason that ISIS was there in the first place is a substantial portion of the population were initially sympathetic to the cause. :lol: :roll: F****** ingrates are worse than Puerto Ricans. :lol:

Then you have the NYT complaining about destruction of "grand buildings" by US bombs...well WTF? There were f****** jihadi lunatics inside. What were the Kurdish fighters supposed to do, walk up and tack evicition notices on the doors?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:30 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10477
Quote:
Trump, not surprisingly, claims it for himself: "It had to do with the people I put in and it had to do with rules of engagement," Trump said in a radio interview.

Yup! Seems Mr. Billionaire business man Trump has a rather better conception of warfare than Haahvaahd edumucated Obama ever had. Or else he is just less of a lying sack of shit.

Wars are cruelty. You win by being the cruelest, then being the most hospitable when it is all said and done.

ADDIT:
Quote:
"how to rebuild."

Good question! First thing might be: DO NOT let homicidal supremacist ideologies run the roost! That never ends well as the local residents have no learned :P

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Last edited by Anthropoid on Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:39 pm 
Sergeant Major

It should really be an article about the courage of the Kurdish fighters and the skill of US pilots and ground controllers and artillerymen...not to mention the money of US taxpayers.

Can't have anything like that in the NYT, can we? As for rebuilding. Let the damn Saudis pay for it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:15 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 14050
jack t ripper wrote:
It should really be an article about the courage of the Kurdish fighters and the skill of US pilots and ground controllers and artillerymen...not to mention the money of US taxpayers.

Can't have anything like that in the NYT, can we? As for rebuilding. Let the damn Saudis pay for it.

QFT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:39 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10914
Beautiful photo !!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

jwilkerson wrote:
Beautiful photo !!!

Yes...caption reads "How do you like your fucking Caliphate now, assholes?"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:31 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10477
jack t ripper wrote:
jwilkerson wrote:
Beautiful photo !!!

Yes...caption reads "How do you like your fucking Caliphate now, assholes?"

:P

Quote:
You cannot give reputation so soon after your last.

Return to the previous page

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:48 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 12465
Islamic State on verge of defeat after fresh losses in Syria, Iraq...

Quote:
BEIRUT/ERBIL (Reuters) - Islamic State’s self-proclaimed caliphate was on the verge of final defeat on Friday, with Syrian government forces capturing its last major city on one side of the border and Iraqi forces taking its last substantial town on the other.

The losses on either side of the frontier appear to reduce the caliphate that once ruled over millions of people to a single Syrian border town, a village on a bank of the Euphrates in Iraq and some patches of nearby desert.

Officials on both sides of the border said its final defeat could come swiftly, although they still fear it will reconstitute as a guerrilla force, capable of waging attacks without territory to defend.

Iraq’s Prime Minister Haidar Abadi announced that government forces had captured al-Qaim, the border town where the Euphrates spills from Syria into Iraq. That leaves just the village of Rawa further down river on the opposite bank still in the hands of the ultra-hardline militants, who swept through a third of Iraq in 2014.

On the Syrian side, government forces declared victory in Deir al-Zor, the last major city in the country’s eastern desert where the militants still had a presence. Government forces are now about 40 km away from Albu Kamal, the Syrian town across the border from al-Qaim, and preparing for a final confrontation.

A U.S.-led international coalition which has been bombing Islamic State and supporting ground allies on both sides of the frontier said before the fall of al-Qaim that the militant group had just a few thousand fighters left, holed up in the two towns on either side of the border.

“We do expect them now to try to flee, but we are cognisant of that and will do all we can to annihilate IS leaders,” spokesman U.S. Colonel Ryan Dillon said.

“As IS continues to be hunted into these smallest areas ... we see them fleeing into the desert and hiding there in an attempt to devolve back into an insurgent terrorist group,” said Dillon. “The idea of IS and the virtual caliphate, that will not be defeated in the near term. There is still going to be an IS threat.”

The group’s leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, is believed to be hiding in the desert near the frontier.

Driven this year from its two de facto capitals -- Iraq’s Mosul and Syria’s Raqqa -- Islamic State has been squeezed into an ever-shrinking pocket of desert straddling the frontier by enemies that include most regional states and global powers.

In Iraq, it faces the army and Shi‘ite armed groups, backed both by the U.S.-led international coalition and by Iran. In Syria, the U.S.-led coalition supports an alliance of Kurdish and Arab militias north and east of the Euphrates, while Iran and Russia support the government of President Bashar al-Assad.

On the Syrian side, Friday’s government victory at Deir al-Zor, on the west bank of the Euphrates, ended a two month battle for control over the city, the center of Syria’s oil production. Islamic State had for years besieged a government enclave there until an army advance relieved it in early September, starting a battle for jihadist-held parts of the city.

“The armed forces, in cooperation with allied forces, liberated the city of Deir al-Zor completely from the clutches of the Daesh terrorist organization,” state media reported, using an Arabic acronym for Islamic State.

Engineering units were searching streets and buildings in Deir al-Zor for mines and booby traps left behind by Islamic State fighters, a Syrian military source told Reuters.

The source added that he did not believe the final battle at the Albu Kamal border town would involve “fierce resistance”, as many fighters had been surrendering elsewhere.

“Some of them will fight until death, but they will not be able to do anything,” he said. “It is besieged from all directions, there are no supplies, a collapse in morale, and therefore all the organization’s elements of strength are finished.”

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-midea ... SKBN1D31B7

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:59 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10914
I would say "on verge of transformation" ... once ISIS is no longer popular with the rags ... the new one will emerge ...

Al Kadah ... then ISIS ... then Ugumbugum ...

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1781 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 175, 176, 177, 178, 179  Next