maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1900 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190  Next
 Post subject: Re: Western strikes against Syria
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:45 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 12302
Quote:
state media aired a video of missiles being hit in the sky by Soviet-era S-200 AA systems. Syrian state news agency SANA, as well as Colonel-General Sergei Rudskoi of the Russian military, claimed that Syria used Russian and Soviet air defense systems Pantsir-S1, S-125, S-200, Buk, and Kvadrat.

Wonder if our BDA is good enough to figure out how many strike missiles hit their targets? SAMs might be self destructing or detonating on command, so explosions in the sky might not mean successful interception of inbound missile.

But a very useful result of these strikes would be evaluating rooskie air defense ... things have changed since the 70s on both sides ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:50 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 4769
The important game begins now. We need to humiliate them a little more by effectively proving that they're pathological liars... every claim they make should be intricately shown to be false...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:56 am 
First Sergeant

Well I hope our BDA capabilities have improved as much as our strike capabilities since the 70s ... but as of right now I'm not sure. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:20 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19929
It's possible the T'hawk might transmit a brief "I'm on target" message right before the impact..similar to commercial airliner pings that are recorded by satellite. That kind of thing would be immensely useful to the battlefield commander to decide about a second attack, for example.

It's also possible there was live imaging of the main targets from space. In that case you could count the infrared flare-ups when there was an impact.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:30 am 
First Sergeant

It could also be that we don't want to reveal BDA capabilities publically as that might give rooskies free intel on how to adjust their SAM tactics.

I'm fine for with-holding ... I think we say way too much already ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:44 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 16590
Regarding a false flag chemical attack, check out the video contained within this one, starting at 1:52

Rather suspicious how they're teaching kids to act like they've been affected by a chem attack. Notably how the directors were tossing foamy powder on their mouths & such. Noooo.. that's not supremely suspicious at all. :roll:

Direct to 1:52 -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTjsga1oFcQ&t=112s

Full vid -

I couldn't find the original video on YouTube. Judging by the words in the title, I guarantee the YouTube censors locked it down in short order. It's like we're living in Communist China with all this censorship. :x

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:48 am 
Sergeant Major

Yes. If they want to tell a little white lie and say every missile hit its target...fine. Just based on the complexity of the whole thing it is hard to believe.

You couldn't get 100 all Hyundais to start up after they sat in a garage for 5 years

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:53 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 2577
jack t ripper wrote:
Assad uses CW...Ghouta falls. So much for the conspiracy theories. I think you would have to say the use of CW worked.

The retaliatory attacks were very circumscribed...targeting possible CW production but NOT storage in most cases. Nobody was killed. The Syrian general infrastructure or economy was not harmed in any fashion.

So:

1) Assad STILL has CW
2) Last time he used them it ended a 7 year old siege in a few days
3) The last time an murderous dictator gave up his WMD's the US tracked him down, disabled his car and an angry islamist stuck a bayonet up his ass and then they capped him. The guy before that was found in a spider hole and the angry islamists hanged him with a long rope and his head popped off.

I wonder what Assad will decide to do. Maybe the Russians will constrain him but Putin uses nerve gas in England...so...

Not so sure on the CW effectiveness.

What broke Eastern-Ghouta looks like Team Assad bringing in reinforcements from other fronts after the major rebel defeat at Aleppo during the 2016-17 campaign season and ISIS getting crushed in the East and driven from the Euphrates. Those events must have freed a lot of Assad gov assets, plus what the Iranians and Russians were providing.

The pocket was much larger before Assad-aligned forces pincered and split the rebel-held area into three parts in early March in a conventional ground attack.

Article mentions starving prisoners held by the Jihadi defenders being used for tunnel and earthwork construction. That would have been people they have held for a while, which they used to feed and employ for something else I imagine while at the end they´d rather starve them digging trenches.

Notice how the Russians are playing referee here, with an outfit styling itself Jaysh al-Islam (Army of Islam) agreeing to withdraw leaving their heavy weaponry behind if it is Russian military police then taking over at first and not Assadists/Iranian mercs.

Never mind why any fighter gets to surrender and relocate in the first place, the worst of these the Assadists will face in Idlib province come next round.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:58 am 
Sergeant Major

NefariousKoel wrote:
Regarding a false flag chemical attack, check out the video contained within this one, starting at 1:52

Rather suspicious how they're teaching kids to act like they've been affected by a chem attack. Notably how the directors were tossing foamy powder on their mouths & such. Noooo.. that's not supremely suspicious at all. :roll:

Direct to 1:52 -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTjsga1oFcQ&t=112s

Full vid -

I couldn't find the original video on YouTube. Judging by the words in the title, I guarantee the YouTube censors locked it down in short order. It's like we're living in Communist China with all this censorship. :x

I completely believe the Syrian opposition would pull shit like that to trick the West into aiding their cause. They also purposely put children in harm's way just like the Pals and Hezbollah in Lebanon. In Gaza they used UN schools to store rockets so they could get pics of Israeli attacks on Pal schools.

On the other hand, I trust General Mattis. I don't know what it is but the guy is immensely credible and charismatic. If he told me in a news conference that Martians had landed at the Walmart in Bakersfield I would believe him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:05 am 
Sergeant Major

Scharfschütze wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:
Assad uses CW...Ghouta falls. So much for the conspiracy theories. I think you would have to say the use of CW worked.

The retaliatory attacks were very circumscribed...targeting possible CW production but NOT storage in most cases. Nobody was killed. The Syrian general infrastructure or economy was not harmed in any fashion.

So:

1) Assad STILL has CW
2) Last time he used them it ended a 7 year old siege in a few days
3) The last time an murderous dictator gave up his WMD's the US tracked him down, disabled his car and an angry islamist stuck a bayonet up his ass and then they capped him. The guy before that was found in a spider hole and the angry islamists hanged him with a long rope and his head popped off.

I wonder what Assad will decide to do. Maybe the Russians will constrain him but Putin uses nerve gas in England...so...

Not so sure on the CW effectiveness.

What broke Eastern-Ghouta looks like Team Assad bringing in reinforcements from other fronts after the major rebel defeat at Aleppo during the 2016-17 campaign season and ISIS getting crushed in the East and driven from the Euphrates. Those events must have freed a lot of Assad gov assets, plus what the Iranians and Russians were providing.

The pocket was much larger before Assad-aligned forces pincered and split the rebel-held area into three parts in early March in a conventional ground attack.

Article mentions starving prisoners held by the Jihadi defenders being used for tunnel and earthwork construction. That would have been people they have held for a while, which they used to feed and employ for something else I imagine while at the end they´d rather starve them digging trenches.

Notice how the Russians are playing referee here, with an outfit styling itself Jaysh al-Islam (Army of Islam) agreeing to withdraw leaving their heavy weaponry behind if it is Russian military police then taking over at first and not Assadists/Iranian mercs.

Never mind why any fighter gets to surrender and relocate in the first place, the worst of these the Assadists will face in Idlib province come next round.

Yes, of course. They had to do the hard work first. This included starving the civilians and fighters alike...the classic siege approach...and then blasting their way building by building into Ghouta. The Russians are good at this having practiced for 75 years. They don't bring any lawyers along to approve the targets.

My point is the CW attack is the last bit of horror that moves the needles enough to force an exit.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1900 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190  Next