maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1900 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 186, 187, 188, 189, 190  Next
 Post subject: Re: Western strikes against Syria
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:26 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 16590
jack t ripper wrote:
NefariousKoel wrote:
Regarding a false flag chemical attack, check out the video contained within this one, starting at 1:52

Rather suspicious how they're teaching kids to act like they've been affected by a chem attack. Notably how the directors were tossing foamy powder on their mouths & such. Noooo.. that's not supremely suspicious at all. :roll:

Direct to 1:52 -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTjsga1oFcQ&t=112s

Full vid -
<..vid snip..>

I couldn't find the original video on YouTube. Judging by the words in the title, I guarantee the YouTube censors locked it down in short order. It's like we're living in Communist China with all this censorship. :x

I completely believe the Syrian opposition would pull shit like that to trick the West into aiding their cause. They also purposely put children in harm's way just like the Pals and Hezbollah in Lebanon. In Gaza they used UN schools to store rockets so they could get pics of Israeli attacks on Pal schools.

On the other hand, I trust General Mattis. I don't know what it is but the guy is immensely credible and charismatic. If he told me in a news conference that Martians had landed at the Walmart in Bakersfield I would believe him.

Didn't Mattis openly admit that last year's Syrian chemical attack which prompted our retaliatory Tomahawk strike, and also this latest one, was never confirmed to have been perpetrated by Assad?

Searching provides a lot of sources. One of ~>
~>

The US Now Admits There Is No Evidence Assad Used Sarin Gas in Syria
February 13, 2018

U.S. Secretary of Defense James Mattis confirmed that the U.S. government has no evidence that the Syrian government used sarin gas on its people— a claim that was used by the White House as justification for an April 2017 launch of 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles at the Al Shayrat airfield in Syria.

On Friday, Mattis said that reports of chemical weapon use by the Syrian government have come from aid groups and others, but that the U.S. doesn’t have any evidence to support these assertions.

“We have other reports from the battlefield from people who claim it’s been used,” Mattis told reporters at the Pentagon. “We do not have evidence of it.”

“We’re looking for evidence of it, since clearly we are dealing with the Assad regime that has used denial and deceit to hide their outlaw actions,” Mattis continued. “We’re even more concerned about the possibility of sarin use.”

Mattis explained that he was not refuting the third-party reports of chemical weapons used by the Syrian government led by President Bashar Assad. Assad has steadfastly denied that his government has used chemical weapons throughout the conflict.

In 2013, UN investigator Carla Del Ponte made note that Syrian rebels, not the Assad regime, used chemical weapons in the two-year civil war, contrary to assessments made by American officials.

<..snip..>

In addition to the UN investigation, one of the foremost academic experts in the field of missile fired chemical weapons, Theodore Postol, Professor of Science, Technology and National Security Policy at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), came forward in a series of reports to note his opposition to the official Trump administration’s narrative in regards to the Khan Sheikhoun nerve agent attack in Syria, blamed on the Assad government, which precipitated the cruise missile strikes by the U.S., according to a report in the International Business Times. According to Postol, the Syrian gas attack was not carried out by the Syrian government.

In one of his reports, Postol concluded that the US government’s report does not provide any “concrete” evidence that Assad was responsible, adding it was more likely that the attack was perpetrated by players on the ground.

(continued..)

http://australiannationalreview.com/201 ... -in-syria/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/02/ma ... n-gas.html
Etc, etc.

Maybe the chem attacks did originate from Assad. Not ruling that out. But those standing to benefit most from this latest one certainly isn't Assad.

I get the impression that someone is wagging the dog. Syrian "rebels", and many in the career DC bureaucracy who have been pushing this really hard. Don't you wonder why the political propagandists at the corporate DemMedia outlets were pushing the attack narrative so hard? Fishy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19929
Of course, these kind of "expert" statements made without intelligence data other than CNN videos seem kind of fishy too. This is the kind of misinformation the Russians would put out.

Mattis said the other day they had no definitive evidence of nerve agent yet in this most recent attack but had convincing evidence of chlorine gas. I think myself there was nerve agent because some of the patients were completely apneic. Either they had primary respiratory muscle paralysis or they were ALREADY dead from chlorine gas.

Now, I will admit it seems odd they would COMBINE two agents in one attack.

As for US motives to push us into trying to topple the Asssad regime....no doubt that is true. In fact, that was the avowed policy of the Hussein Administration early on. I wouldn't put it past CAIR to be secretly agitating for military intervention to save the Sunni shitheads. There is also the angle about the use of the US Armed Forces to intervene to "fix" "war crimes". This goes back a long way. Bill Clinton apologizing for the Rwanda massacre. We dropped bombs on a European capital to "save" the muzzies of the former Yugoslavia. Black Hawk Down started with a rescue mission for the starving pirates of Somalia. Samantha Powers was advocating for the Marines to "end the war in Sudan" for a decade. Unfortunately for her, her boss was an anti-military pussy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:12 pm 
Sergeant Major

It is also very curious the attack happened days after Trump tweeted about "getting out of Syria". No doubt there are some curious facts.

The attack a year ago was allegedly predicated on radar tracking of a Syrian jet taking off and flying over the target area at the time of the attack. Mattis explicitly cited this intel. So he would have to be in on it too...or deceived himself.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

We are lucky the voters had the wisdom to elect Trump because Hildabeast would still be consulting her Clinton Foundation donors and focus group-testing the name of the operation.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

McCain is probably sending letters to the NYT calling for us to support the "moderate opposition"...all 3 of them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:25 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 12302
Disappointed that the words I've seen attributed to May's mouth are 99% about saying things like

"We weren't trying to hurt anyone"
"We weren't trying to upset anyone"
"We were trying to stay inside the boundaries"
"We weren't trying to escalate"

==
Hecque if your primary goal was to do nuffin ... then doing nuffin would've been the thing to do !

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:31 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 2577
Smells more like part of a response to the Skripal affair, which would explain why the French are in. Which would further imply that France is indeed implicating the Russians as well and agreed to join retaliations against recent Russian misbehaviour.

IMO.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:44 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 8782
Scharfschütze wrote:
Smells more like part of a response to the Skripal affair, which would explain why the French are in. Which would further imply that France is indeed implicating the Russians as well and agreed to join retaliations against recent Russian misbehaviour.

IMO.

The French are not the last when it is to strike Assad. Under Hollande, France was the only country (I think) which closed its embassy in Syria. Even the Americans have an embassy there if I am not wrong. In 2013, the French were already ready to strike Assad with the Americans and the British, and did not do it because they could not do it alone without the Americans.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:51 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14300
I just want to know how this is in the national interest.

I can't see a single reason why. "Uphold international law", fine, get some other suckers to do it then, international is more than the usual suspects in theory, right? Get the EU superpower to do it, it's all about 'international law' after all.

The RAF has become ISISAF. WTF.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:34 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19399
EUBanana wrote:
I just want to know how this is in the national interest.

I can't see a single reason why. "Uphold international law", fine, get some other suckers to do it then, international is more than the usual suspects in theory, right? Get the EU superpower to do it, it's all about 'international law' after all.

The RAF has become ISISAF. WTF.

It’s not in the national interest as I see it.

Unfortunately that seems to be how it works these days.

“It’s shameful what is occurring there”
“The poor people are suffering”
“Something must be done to help them”
“What are YOU going to do about it?”

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1900 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 186, 187, 188, 189, 190  Next