maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210 ... 214  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gun Legislation - USA
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:28 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 4269
Some causes of death are normal... and there's not much you can do about them... even though we do pass laws that require kids to wear a life jacket in a boat... I wonder how high that number would go without that statist infringement of their civil rights ?

26 People getting slaughtered in a church is not "normal"... no matter how much you want to pretend it is... we should do something about it... I guess we'll have to wait till it's hundreds.... that should be here momentarily...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16223
Gump wrote:
Some causes of death are normal... and there's not much you can do about them... even though we do pass laws that require kids to wear a life jacket in a boat... I wonder how high that number would go without that statist infringement of their civil rights ?

26 People getting slaughtered in a church is not "normal"... no matter how much you want to pretend it is... we should do something about it... I guess we'll have to wait till it's hundreds.... that should be here momentarily...

Something can be done.
Call the USAF and tell them to start doing their fucking jobs.
Had they been doing so, the Sutherland Springs shooting would not have happened and those 26 people would be alive today.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:28 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 7610
Of course Gump may have a point, after all it's not like criminals or homicidal maniacs could find guns anywhere besides a gun store, unless they pretended to be a cartel member and then the Obama administration would have sold you one. Once the criminals and homicidal maniacs realize they can't go into Academy or Cabela's and pick up a "military" type weapon well then we won't need anything like that to defend ourselves. We can all walk along with a gladius on our hips feeling safe.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:29 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 5613
You know, I could care less actually about any ban on NEW purchases of assault rifles. I got 3 already and 4500 or so rounds and 30+ 30 rnd magazines. I don't plan to buy anymore. But infringe on my ability to purchase my ammo, in any way impede my ability to use my lawfully purchased items and I will tell them to stick it. But they damn sure better add in a grandfather clause.

I will not turn in my guns, nor my ammo, will buy more actually, and damn sure am not giving up my magazines. I have my conceal carry, I live in a state where I can carry my AR15 legally in the open if I so desire to, I can shoot to defend myself, family or to prevent a violent crime. Of course it will go to a grand jury review, but this is Texas and very, very few legitimate shootings will be prosecuted.

You miss the main point about this mass shooting Gump, what halted the shooter? A legal owner of probably another AR15 style rifle (I have not heard what he used, so speculation), but I doubt it since he managed to run to his vehicle, start it, and drive away. I would have had 30 rounds into his ass before he got 20 feet away from the where was when I would have fired the first shot, the next 30 rounds would have peppered his ride. Yes, I have a 30 round in the rifle right now, and another mag in a carry case mounted on the stock. Not counting the 3 bandalier of 4 mags each I have loaded and ready to go within 5 feet of the rifle. Yes, I have 400 rounds loaded and ready go. But that is for my AR15. My MP5-22 has a magazine in the weapon, and another 6 mags loaded and ready to go. Each hold 25 rounds .22LR. So what, another 175 rounds there ready to fly. My Colt Commander, magazine in pistol, round in chamber, hammer is back (the only proper way to carry a .45 IMO). I don't carry as much anymore though.

I live in a pretty good neighborhood, but just one block south is a barrio apartment complex filled with dirtbags. I know I can hear the scum at night shooting their guns near the golf course behind the apartment complex. 200 yards down my street is a bunch of rent houses, there has in the last year been a drive by, and several shootings (no injuries yet). They don't come up this way much because dumb white folks with guns live up here. Heck my folks live across the street and I know dad has both his shotgun loaded and probably his Winchester 30-30 loaded, and that is usually by the front door when they are awake, travels to bedroom at night with them. The cops know me, I know for a fact that my aunts house next door has a note in their computer that I am probably in the vicinity armed if they respond to an alarm call, since I get called before the police. Garage door blown open, check, cops have arrived, know I am back there armed, get the usual, "we are going to clear it, don't shoot us", all clear, stupid door. Have had front door not latched good, she left, blown open, cops arrive, same "we are going to clear it, watch the back door for us, please don't shoot us". Heck I have had them knock on my door telling me the alarm went off and they were checking it out SO I would not come out suddenly armed on them.

But be damned if I will be disarmed or left defenseless to the scumbag element. I don't foresee my purchasing any new firearms anyway but I better be able to get my repair parts, ammo and keep and maintain what I already own. I will not in anyway support anything that infringes upon those items.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:52 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 14634
Gump wrote:

Killing another human being, who is offering not threat to you, also isn't "normal".

You've apparently been led to believe that the more individual rights taken away by the government, the more "safe" everyone will be. You've been fooled. That slope only goes increasingly downward.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:59 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 12194
Quote:
A legal owner of probably another AR15 style rifle (I have not heard what he used, so speculation),

The guy who stopped the shooter used an AR-15.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

What's a normal death? An infant drowning is highly preventable. We could ban swimming. An automobile fatality is COMPLETELY preventable. We do not even try. There are hundreds of ways even in the USA whereby a promising life, young or old, can be cut short. The notion that some forms of sudden, traumatic, tragic death are "completely acceptable" in contrast to being shot is the most hypocritical, pernicious, immoral lie that the gun control crowd routinely and facilely tosses onto the discussion floor. "It's perfectly fair, reasonable, and OK that your 18 yo daughter was killed because a guy with five prior red-light violations t-boned her Accord when he committed his sixth infraction. Indeed, ma'am, sir, you should be very happy to know that at least she was not killed by a bullet. Consider yourselves blessed."

And that of course doesn't even touch the issue of hundreds of thousands of Americans each year who are not raped or otherwise assaulted because they use their firearm defensively without killing the perp.

I think gun control advocates have some weird victimity fetish. They want to be helpless, vulnerable, and dependent therefore everybody must be made equally so. And with the "I got a gladius and a fist rah" twats, there's probably a strong desire to want to make others into victims, which is easier if one can count on everyone being disarmed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:30 am 
Staff Sergeant

Yep... you might be right... I mean somebody like you...who is a paragon of "normal" is likely to just talk people out of it when they decide that enough people have been slaughtered.... You could probably even get them to go along with selling those grenades at Academy Sports... :roll:

It's too bad you weren't around when all those people overreacted in 2001... You could have told them that it was less people than drowned every year.... You're gonna get your chance pretty soon Dr. Normal :ugeek: ....... good luck...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:53 pm 
Sergeant Major

Your comment is ambiguous. You either conjectured a false equivalence between law abiding firearms owners and th 9-11 hijackers, or else you just demanded that the US ban commercial aviation. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:31 pm 
Staff Sergeant

As usual when your point is completely shot down you resort to pretending you don't understand... The "reaction" in 2001 to the slaughter of innocent people by "crazy people" was a willingness to spend about a trillion dollars to find out who killed them and for us to kill about a million of them... The reaction will be similar to other crazy people killing innocents once the body count and outrage gets to that point... and you're dreaming if you think Dr. Normal will be able to talk them out of it...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210 ... 214  Next