maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: What media Bias?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:52 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 16718
http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/05/msnbc-hosts-report-to-white-house-for-marching-orders/

No, it aint a bunch of Special Olympians on a tour of the White House, it's the distinguished journalists from MSDNC.

Image\

Special Ed and reverend Dumb Ass

Quote:

Imagine if, at any point in the Bush administration, the entire Fox News primetime lineup had showed up for a meeting at the White House. Imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth. You can almost hear it, can’t you? It would be the worst thing Bush did that entire day, probably.

Rest assured, though, that the following is completely different. Jason Howerton at The Blaze reports:

If MSNBC President Phil Griffin really does want to shake the network’s pro-Obama image, having its most recognizable figures visit the White House to discuss President Barack Obama’s tax proposals isn’t exactly a great start.

On Tuesday, four of MSNBC’s prime time TV hosts were spotted entering the West Wing of the White House for a special meeting with the president. These hosts included, Ed Schultz, Rachel Maddow, Al Sharpton and Lawrence O’Donnell…

“This afternoon at the White House, the President met with influential progressives to talk about the importance of preventing a tax increase on middle class families, strengthening our economy and adopting a balanced approach to deficit reduction,” White House Principal Deputy Press Secretary Josh Earnest said in a statement.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/05/msnbc ... z2EDkQwp7I

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: What media Bias?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:00 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 7233
Right:

Quote:
Fox contributor: ‘Petraeus and I were having fun’ when presidential run was suggested
By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo! News | The Ticket – 4 hrs ago

The Fox News contributor who relayed a message from Roger Ailes, the network's chairman, to Gen. David Petraeus during a 2011 interview in Afghanistan urging him to run for president, says the details of her interview have been blown out of proportion by the network's detractors.

"A conversation that began in jest and that led to a passing comment at the end of my interview with General David Petraeus has turned into a firestorm of speculation and an attempt to denigrate Fox," Kathleen McFarland, a former national security and Pentagon aide, wrote in a post on FoxNews.com.

Near the end of their 90-minute conversation—a talk first reported by Bob Woodward in the Washington Post this week in a piece that included the audio recording—McFarland relayed the message from Ailes: If President Barack Obama offered Petraeus the job of chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, he should take it. "If you're offered anything else," McFarland said, "don't take it. Resign in six months and run for president. OK? And I know you're not running for president. But at some point when you go to New York next, you may want to just chat with Roger. And Rupert Murdoch, for that matter."

"Well, Rupert's after me as well," replied Petraeus, who seemed to laugh off the idea.

McFarland wrote that Petraeus had already told her he wasn't going to run and that "he suggested that maybe Ailes could run this non-existent campaign. It was not a serious conversation plotting General Petraeus' political future; it was the kind of idle speculation that happens in every campaign season. That's why they call it the silly season."

"I realize conspiracy theorists have used this off-the-record interview to claim it was some plot to put Petraeus in the Oval Office," she continued. "Perhaps those same conspiracy theorists should ask themselves some different questions: Why was an audiotape created of what was supposed to be an off-the-record interview with just four people in the room, which General Petraeus himself said several times was off the record? I certainly saw no recording device, nor did I give my permission for the interview to be taped."

On Monday, Ailes confirmed to Woodward that he did give McFarland advice to deliver to Petraeus, but it was meant in jest. He then placed the blame for any alleged misunderstandings on McFarland.

"It was more of a joke, a wiseass way I have," Ailes said. "I thought the Republican field needed to be shaken up and Petraeus might be a good candidate. It sounds like she thought she was on a secret mission in the Reagan administration. ... She was way out of line. ... It's someone's fantasy to make me a kingmaker. It's not my job."

Petraeus was appointed CIA director in September 2011. He resigned last month after admitting to an extramarital affair with Paula Broadwell, his biographer.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:10 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 6825
reverend Dumb Ass
:lol:
that is some serious set of choppers he has ... :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:05 am 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 12189
Why does Ed O'Neill always look and sound like he's about 3/4 of the way drunk. I know he makes less sense then your typical drunk but surely he doesn't drink on the job does he?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:08 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8368
nelmsm wrote:
Why does Ed O'Neill always look and sound like he's about 3/4 of the way drunk. I know he makes less sense then your typical drunk but surely he doesn't drink on the job does he?

If he does, that would make him the Left's version of Glenn Beck.

The bedfellows politics made are never strange. It only seems that way to those who have not watched the courtship.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:19 am 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 16718
Al Bundy doesn't have a show on MSDNC.

Ed Shultz and Al Sharpton are comedy gold. The look of bovine stupidity comes shining through.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:12 am 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 12189
doggie wrote:
Al Bundy doesn't have a show on MSDNC.

Ed Shultz and Al Sharpton are comedy gold. The look of bovine stupidity comes shining through.

Yes, Shultz! I had Ed right anyway.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:22 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18312
Mind-boggling. They look like total crooks. I barely know who they are but those expressions, that context, those postures . . . they scream "I'm a sleaze bag who has ripped the system to get where I am, and ya'll can't do nuthin' bout it!"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:35 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19875
Shulz looks like he got to close to the Hiroshima blast.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:13 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8368
jack t ripper wrote:
Shulz looks like he got to close to the Hiroshima blast.

That, or he just came back from his liquid lunch.

The bedfellows politics made are never strange. It only seems that way to those who have not watched the courtship.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next