maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: What Voter Fraud?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:41 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 1780
chijohnaok wrote:
http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/13/voter-fraud-real-heres-proof/

Quote:
Voter Fraud Is Real. Here’s The Proof

His article is a collection of idiotic arguments: I will just highlight two from the dozen or so silly ones

Quote:
In Texas, authorities are investigating criminals who are using the technique of “vote harvesting” to illegally procure votes for their candidates. “Harvesting” is the practice of illegally obtaining the signatures of valid voters in order to vote in their name without their consent for the candidate(s) the criminal supports.

These are just some instances of voter fraud we know about"

Notice how the "investigation" in the first paragraph provides "proof" for the claim of the next paragraph. Moreover, the whole idea of having fraud bypasses the more important point of if there is sufficiently wide spread voter fraud to change election results.

Quote:
"Don’t Let Data Contradict My Narrative

Yet in spite of all this, a report by the Brennan Center at New York Univeristy claims voter fraud is a myth. It argues that North Carolina, which passed comprehensive measures to prevent voter fraud, “failed to identify even a single individual who has ever been charged with committing in-person voter fraud in North Carolina.” However, this faulty reasoning does not point to the lack of in-person voter fraud, but rather to lack of enforcement mechanisms to identify and prosecute in-person voter fraud.

Priceless! Don't let data contradict the author's claims! In North Carolina they did not find a single case of voter fraud and his interpretation is that this points to the "lack of enforcement mechanisms." Really? I do not think the people in North Carolina were so naive to pass "comprehensive measures to prevent voter fraud" without mechanisms to identify and prosecute in-person vote. They did not find cases of in-person voter fraud because its scale was minuscule. In addition using the author's type of reasoning, "damn if I find voter-fraud. Damned if I don't." In the absence of evidence, I can always claim that there is wide spread fraud which can change the results of elections but it is impossible to detect it because of "lack of enforcement mechanisms." In fact, even with voter ID laws, I can craft similar arguments to support the idea that there is voter fraud!

Meanwhile, the real issue of gerrymandering is below the radar.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:45 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Hello...Earth to Pamak;

Gerrymandering is legal. Racial gerymandering is legal if a judge does it (apprently). We covered this already. You need to learn a little Civics 101

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:57 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 1780
jack t ripper wrote:
Hello...Earth to Pamak;

Gerrymandering is legal. Racial gerymandering is legal if a judge does it (apprently). We covered this already. You need to learn a little Civics 101

No, we have not covered gerrymandering to the extend we have covered voter fraud. Apparently, the latter is more popular than the former. As a note, the results of elections are legal too if you do not challenge them in court!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:19 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 12978
Quote:
July 2, 2016
How rampant voter fraud in Minnesota likely changed the course of American politics
By Thomas Lifson

{Snip}

Directly relevant to the election of Franken:

" MVA found 941 ineligible felons who were allowed to vote in 2008 alone, exceeding the 312 vote margin separating DFL candidate Al Franken and GOP Sen. Norm Coleman after a grueling recount."

Felons overwhelmingly vote Democrat (which is why Virginia governor Terry McAuliffe is trying to get them on the voter rolls to help elect Hillary), so there is almost no doubt that we can thank illegal votes for Obamacare getting passed into law.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... z4P4L62rhh
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:44 pm 
Sergeant Major

Q: Why do the Dems keep winning Presidential elections but get their asses kicked in midterm elections?

A: Because presidential-only voters skew heavily Liberal...and I might add politically ignorant. Half of President-election-only votes could not answer 1 fucking question out of 15 simple political questions. :lol:

Don't believe me? See this Harvard study.

http://projects.iq.harvard.edu/files/cc ... iphery.pdf

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:51 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1209
jack t ripper wrote:
Q: Why do the Dems keep winning Presidential elections but get their asses kicked in midterm elections?

A: Because presidential-only voters skew heavily Liberal...and I might add politically ignorant. Half of President-election-only votes could not answer 1 fucking question out of 15 simple political questions. :lol:

A: Gerrymandering and low turnout.

Hate and Fart.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:59 pm 
Sergeant Major

The Old Dominion study of illegal aliens who registered to vote and some (by their own admission did)

1) The act of simply registering to vote as an alien (illegal or not) is fraud
2) Obviously, going the next step is a bit moree serious.

The Old Dominion study shows it is neither rare nor harmless as it coudl theoritically have altered the US Senate race is Minnesota with Fatboy Franken and even the North Carolina Presidential vote.

From Washiington Post (2014)

Quote:
Could control of the Senate in 2014 be decided by illegal votes cast by non-citizens? Some argue that incidents of voting by non-citizens are so rare as to be inconsequential, with efforts to block fraud a screen for an agenda to prevent poor and minority voters from exercising the franchise, while others define such incidents as a threat to democracy itself. Both sides depend more heavily on anecdotes than data.

In a forthcoming article in the journal Electoral Studies, we bring real data from big social science survey datasets to bear on the question of whether, to what extent, and for whom non-citizens vote in U.S. elections. Most non-citizens do not register, let alone vote. But enough do that their participation can change the outcome of close races.

Our data comes from the Cooperative Congressional Election Study (CCES). Its large number of observations (32,800 in 2008 and 55,400 in 2010) provide sufficient samples of the non-immigrant sub-population, with 339 non-citizen respondents in 2008 and 489 in 2010. For the 2008 CCES, we also attempted to match respondents to voter files so that we could verify whether they actually voted.

How many non-citizens participate in U.S. elections? More than 14 percent of non-citizens in both the 2008 and 2010 samples indicated that they were registered to vote. Furthermore, some of these non-citizens voted. Our best guess, based upon extrapolations from the portion of the sample with a verified vote, is that 6.4 percent of non-citizens voted in 2008 and 2.2 percent of non-citizens voted in 2010.

Estimated Voter Turnout by Non-Citizens

Self reported and/or verified

38 (11.3%)

13 (3.5%)

Self reported and verified

5 (1.5%)

N.A.

Adjusted estimate

21 (6.4%)

8 (2.2%)

Because non-citizens tended to favor Democrats (Obama won more than 80 percent of the votes of non-citizens in the 2008 CCES sample), we find that this participation was large enough to plausibly account for Democratic victories in a few close elections. Non-citizen votes could have given Senate Democrats the pivotal 60th vote needed to overcome filibusters in order to pass health-care reform and other Obama administration priorities in the 111th Congress. Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) won election in 2008 with a victory margin of 312 votes. Votes cast by just 0.65 percent of Minnesota non-citizens could account for this margin. It is also possible that non-citizen votes were responsible for Obama’s 2008 victory in North Carolina. Obama won the state by 14,177 votes, so a turnout by 5.1 percent of North Carolina’s adult non-citizens would have provided this victory margin.

We also find that one of the favorite policies advocated by conservatives to prevent voter fraud appears strikingly ineffective. Nearly three quarters of the non-citizens who indicated they were asked to provide photo identification at the polls claimed to have subsequently voted.

An alternative approach to reducing non-citizen turnout might emphasize public information. Unlike other populations, including naturalized citizens, education is not associated with higher participation among non-citizens. In 2008, non-citizens with less than a college degree were significantly more likely to cast a validated vote, and no non-citizens with a college degree or higher cast a validated vote. This hints at a link between non-citizen voting and lack of awareness about legal barriers.

There are obvious limitations to our research, which one should take account of when interpreting the results. Although the CCES sample is large, the non-citizen portion of the sample is modest, with the attendant uncertainty associated with sampling error. We analyze only 828 self-reported non-citizens. Self-reports of citizen status might also be a source of error, although the appendix of our paper shows that the racial, geographic, and attitudinal characteristics of non-citizens (and non-citizen voters) are consistent with their self-reported status.

Another possible limitation is the matching process conducted by Catalist to verify registration and turnout drops many non-citizen respondents who cannot be matched. Our adjusted estimate assumes the implication of a “registered” or “voted” response among those who Catalist could not match is the same as for those whom it could. If one questions this assumption, one might focus only on those non-citizens with a reported and validated vote. This is the second line of the table.

Finally, extrapolation to specific state-level or district-level election outcomes is fraught with substantial uncertainty. It is obviously possible that non-citizens in California are more likely to vote than non-citizens in North Carolina, or vice versa. Thus, we are much more confident that non-citizen votes mattered for the Minnesota Senate race (a turnout of little more than one-tenth of our adjusted estimate is all that would be required) than that non-citizen votes changed the outcome in North Carolina.

Our research cannot answer whether the United States should move to legalize some electoral participation by non-citizens as many other countries do, and as some U.S. states did for more than 100 years, or find policies that more effectively restrict it. But this research should move that debate a step closer to a common set of facts.

Jesse Richman is Associate Professor of Political Science and International Studies at Old Dominion University, and Director of the ODU Social Science Research Center. David Earnest is Associate Professor of Political Science and International Studies at Old Dominion University, and Associate Dean for Research & Graduate Studies in the College of Arts and Letters.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:12 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 3144
jack t ripper wrote:

Yeah no shit. Show's a much higher liberal / Democrat bias for Presidential Only voters vs. core voters. I guess once every 4 years is all you can manage out of lazy, ignorant, government dependents looking to lock in their bennies for the next 4 years.

Makes you feel safe, doesn't it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1209
I am more and more convinced that the US is a third world country that cannot keep record who can vote, and who can not. And who votes and who not. :(

OTOH this is an insult to the third world countries like India.

Hate and Fear.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:48 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 12978
nero wrote:
I am more and more convinced that the US is a third world country that cannot keep record who can vote, and who can not. And who votes and who not. :(

OTOH this is an insult to the third world countries like India.

Hate and Fear.
:lol:
Quote:
India's Election Problem: Votes for Sale
Candidates Offer Prizes for Support, Raising Concerns in World's Largest Democracy
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014240 ... 3109504402

Love and Courage.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next