maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pocahontas Gets a Free Ride
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:14 am 
Honorary Texan

Reputation points: 7773
Quote:
Harvard law dean cited ‘affirmative action’ in 1993 Elizabeth Warren hiring; academic qualifications questioned in 1990

In a 1994 interview, then-Harvard Law School dean Richard Clark said his institution was actively applying an affirmative action policy to hiring female faculty, The Daily Caller has learned. The famed law school first offered Massachusetts Democratic Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren a professorship in 1992 and granted her tenure in 1995.

And charges leveled in a 1990 academic law journal raised serious questions about her qualifications to teach at Harvard at all.

In 1991, Rutgers Professor Phillip Schuchman reviewed Warren’s co-authored 1989 book “As We Forgive Our Debtors: Bankruptcy and Consumer Credit in America” in the pages of the Rutgers Law Review, a publication Warren once edited. Schuchman found “serious errors” which result in “grossly mistaken functions and comparisons.”

Warren and her co-authors had drawn improper conclusions from “even their flawed findings,” and “made their raw data unavailable” to check, he wrote. “In my opinion, the authors have engaged in repeated instances of scientific misconduct.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/10/harva ... z262a5BIfH

It just gets better. This miserable communist (Mao gives me inspiration) cunt should be in a Federal Lock-up, not running for office.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:16 am 
Honorary Texan

Ace of Spades asks Pocahontas the questions the media wont:

http://twitchy.com/2012/09/08/giggle-sn ... edia-wont/

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:41 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8641
Quote:
@elizabethforma When someone makes disparaging comments about Native Americans, does it sting to know that they don't actually mean you?

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:23 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
More problems for Warren:

Quote:
Warren attempted to deny her role, and referred to a Boston Globe article, but the Globe article supports Brown’s account. The Globe article indicated the representation was for a period of three years and Warren was paid $212,000. The case resulted in a Supreme Court victory for Travelers arising out of a bankruptcy case in New York.

Whatever the political implications of the exchange, Warren’s representation of Travelers raises another big potential problem for Warren.

Warren represented not just Travelers, but numerous other companies starting in the late 1990s working out of and using her Harvard Law School office in Cambridge, which she listed as her office of record on briefs filed with various courts. Warren, however, never has been licensed to practice law in Massachusetts.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/09/el ... e-problem/

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:59 am 
Honorary Texan

Quote:
Warren, however, never has been licensed to practice law in Massachusetts.

And for a Republican, that would be the end of the campaign and possibly prison. Representing a large insurance corp without a license seems serious.

I doubt anything will come of this, though. She's a liberal minority. :lol:

If I was the CEO of Traveler's I'd be mighty pissed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:33 pm 
Sergeant Major

And she is off to a great start!

http://bostonherald.com/news/us_politic ... rticleFull

Quote:

Awkward first press conference for senator-elect Warren

By Chris Cassidy  |   Thursday, November 8, 2012  |  http://www.bostonherald.com  |  Election 2012

Photo by Nancy Lane

A jittery U.S. senator-elect Elizabeth Warren gave one-sentence answers, ducked questions and even passed one on to Gov. Deval Patrick in an awkward first press conference since the election.

Warren spoke for a total of less than four minutes during the 11-minute press conference — the rest was taken up by Patrick and reporters’ questions.

After being asked her first question — how she’d protect defense spending — Warren was silent as she turned to Patrick.

“Defense spending is you,” Patrick prodded Warren.

“Oh, that’s mine,” Warren replied.

After Warren fielded the question, Patrick stepped in to answer the follow-up.

“Let me start,” said Patrick, shielding Warren from having to answer.

When she did respond, the answers were often brief.

How does she feel about the high female voter turnout and the election of women in New Hampshire?

“I’m glad,” she said.

Is it surprising?

“I’m glad that the women turned out to vote, it meant a lot,” said Warren.

Asked what impact more women in the Senate would have, Warren punted.

“You want to try answering that?” she said, turning to Patrick, who stepped in again.

Warren wasn’t much more forthcoming when asked about her guiding principles on the fiscal cliff.

“Right now I think the parties are involved in negotiations,” said Warren.

Does she plan to hire women and minorities on her Senate staff?

“Of course,” she said.

What committee assignment would she like?

“I will continue to talk with the leader about it,” said Warren.

But what committee would she like?

“I will continue to talk with the leader,” Warren repeated.

Warren seemed to finally hit her stride the fifth time she was asked about women.

“Let’s get serious here,” said Warren. “This is 2012, and we’re talking about 20 percent of the United States Senate is female. That’s not an overwhelming number. ... We’re on the right trajectory, but there’s still a lot to do.”

Warren also said Sen. John Kerry would make “an extraordinary Secretary of State.”

Earlier, Warren power-walked past press photographers as she got off a State House elevator and went into Patrick’s office, blowing a potential photo op. The press conference also started about 40 minutes late.

Article URL: http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_pol ... 1061173343

For an attorney, a law professor, and someone who has already served at a somewhat high position within the federal government, she seems to be a bit lost on how the things work.

I hope that Massachusetts will be happy with their new senator.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:39 pm 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
After being asked her first question — how she’d protect defense spending — Warren was silent as she turned to Patrick.

“Defense spending is you,” Patrick prodded Warren.

“Oh, that’s mine,” Warren replied.

Holy crap! Is she just stupid or did she break into the firewater?

Maybe she was flustered because she was looking at naked pictures of her former opponent on-line before the conference.

She can't answer a question of defense spending because she doesn't care about it and doesn't know shit about it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:09 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 10085
She couldn't answer about protecting defense spending because she has no intention of doing so.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

Yeah...exactly.

Ask her this question and see what happens:

"What are you going to do to protect the free market system that helped to make this country great?"

You might as well ask for the Cherokee lobster bisque recipe in Cherokee. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 6762
jack t ripper wrote:
Yeah...exactly.

Ask her this question and see what happens:

"What are you going to do to protect the free market system that helped to make this country great?"

You might as well ask for the Cherokee lobster bisque recipe in Cherokee. :lol:

We don't have a pure free market system. Never have. The closest we have gotten to a free market system was during the time of Carnegie and US Steel. How well did that system work out for the strikers at Homestead?

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next