maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pocahontas Gets a Free Ride
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:14 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 15843
Stunning. Crackhead jesse Jackson jr was re elected in a landslide along with this stupid cunt. Allen West is out.

We're fucked. If i could do it, I'd move in with pasternakski on some desert island, i can only hope the retards who voted for these idiots suffer most during the coming depession.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:09 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
knuckles_95 wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:
Yeah...exactly.

Ask her this question and see what happens:

"What are you going to do to protect the free market system that helped to make this country great?"

You might as well ask for the Cherokee lobster bisque recipe in Cherokee. :lol:

We don't have a pure free market system. Never have. The closest we have gotten to a free market system was during the time of Carnegie and US Steel. How well did that system work out for the strikers at Homestead?

You know what I mean.

BTW, Carnegie didn't build that. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:11 pm 
Sergeant Major

Mark Steyn pens an argument that is full of valid points and lol's:

https://www.steynonline.com/8279/washington-redskin

Quote:
Washington's Redskin
by Mark Steyn

November 29, 2017

A copy of Pow Wow Chow signed by the authentic fake Cherokee herself, Elizabeth Warren

The other day President Trump referred jokingly, yet again, to Senator Elizabeth Warren as "Pocahontas", and as a result is even more totally racey-racey-racist than he was the week before. If you're finding this all a bit hard to follow, relax:

If a white grade-school teacher pretends to be black, that's totally racist and you should denounce him as such immediately;

But if a white professor pretends to be Harvard Law School's "first woman of color" and you point it out, then you're the racist.

Got that? It's easy when you know how:

If a Victoria's Secret model wears lingerie "inspired by indigenous African cultures", that's cultural appropriation;

But if a white Harvard professor takes up valuable space in an authentic tribal cookbook, that's not cultural appropriation ...er, because the authentic tribal recipes she submitted turned out to come from the Duke of Windsor's favorite restaurant.

When the left patrol identity politics so ruthlessly they demand that even Elizabeth Warren's claim to be Cherokee must be taken seriously, it becomes necessary for the sake of societal sanity to laugh at her, again and again. In doing so, Donald Trump is performing a valuable service to the republic.

For for my own part, I said what I had to say about Senator Warren in my book The [Un]documented Mark Steyn, personally autographed copies of which are exclusively available at the SteynOnline bookstore and make a lovely and thoughtful present this Christmas season. Where was I? Oh, yes. Elizabeth Warren. Here's what I had to say on page 27:

The Massachusetts Democrat is Indian in the sense of checking the "Are you Native American?" box on the Association of American Law Schools form, which Elizabeth Warren did for much of her adult life. According to her, she's part Cherokee and part Delaware. Not in the Joe Biden sense, I hasten to add, but Delaware in the sense of the Indian tribe named in honor of the home state of Big F**kin' Chief Dances with Plugs.

How does she know she's a Cherokee maiden? Well, she cites her grandfather's "high cheekbones," and says the Indian stuff is part of her family "lore." Which was evidently good enough for Harvard Lore School when they were looking to rack up a few affirmative-action credits. The former Obama special adviser to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and chairperson of the Congressional Oversight Panel now says that "I listed myself in the directory in the hopes that it might mean that I would be invited to a luncheon, a group, something that might happen with people who are like I am," and certainly not for personal career advancement or anything like that. Like everyone else, she was shocked, shocked to discover that, as The Boston Herald reported, "Harvard Law School officials listed Warren as Native American in the '90s, when the school was under fierce fire for their faculty's lack of diversity."

And so the same institution at which young Barack was "the first African-American president of The Harvard Law Review" notched up another famous first: As The Fordham Law Review reported, "Harvard Law School hired its first woman of color, Elizabeth Warren, in 1995." To the casual observer, Mrs. Warren, now the Democrats' Senate candidate, might seem a 100 percent woman of non-color. She walks like a white, quacks like a white, looks whiter than white. She's the whitest white since Frosty the Snowman fell in a vat of Wite-Out. But she "self-identified" as Cherokee, so that makes her a "woman of color." Why, back in 1984 she submitted some of her favorite dishes to the Pow Wow Chow cookbook, a "compilation of recipes passed down through the Five Tribes families."

The recipes sent in by "Elizabeth Warren—Cherokee" include a crab dish with tomato mayonnaise. Mrs. Warren's fictional Cherokee ancestors in Oklahoma were renowned for their ability to spear the fast-moving Oklahoma crab. It's in the state song:

Ooooooklahoma!
Where the crabs come sweepin' down the plain. . .

But then the white man came and now the Oklahoma crab is extinct, and at the Cherokee clambakes they have to make do with Mrs. Warren's traditional Five Tribes recipe for Cherokee Lime Pie...

Even in a world where everyone's incredible, some things ought to be truly incredible. Yet Harvard Law School touted Elizabeth "Dances with Crabs" Warren as their "first woman of color"—and nobody laughed.

Because, if you laugh, chances are you'll be tied up in sensitivity-training hell for the next six weeks.

Because in an ever more incredible America being an all-white "woman of color" is entirely credible.

But, with the impertinent jackanapes of the press querying the bona fides of Harvard Lore School's first Native American female professor, the Warren campaign got to work and eventually turned up a great-great-great-grandmother designated as Cherokee in the online transcription of a marriage application of 1894.

Hallelujah! In the old racist America, we had quadroons and octoroons. But in the new post-racial America, we have—give me a minute to fish out my calculator—duoettrigintaroons! Martin Luther King dreamed of a day when men would be judged not on the color of their skin but on the content of their great-great-great-grandmother's wedding-license application. And now it's here! You can read all about it in Elizabeth Warren's memoir of her struggles to come to terms with her racial identity, Dreams from My Great-Great-Great-Grandmother.

Unfortunately, the actual original marriage license does not list Great-Great-Great-Gran'ma as Cherokee, but let's cut Elizabeth Fauxcahontas Crockagawea Warren some slack here. She couldn't be black. Like Barack Obama's composite girlfriend, she would if she could, but she couldn't. But she could be 1/32nd Cherokee, and maybe get invited to a luncheon with others of her kind—"people who are like I am," 31/32nds white, and they can all sit around celebrating their diversity together. She is a testament to America's melting pot, composite pot, composting pot, whatever.

Just in case you're having difficulty keeping up with all these Composite-Americans, George Zimmerman, the son of a Peruvian mestiza, is the embodiment of endemic white racism and the reincarnation of Bull Connor, but Elizabeth Warren, the great-great-great-granddaughter of someone who might possibly have been listed as Cherokee on an application for a marriage license, is a heartwarming testimony to how minorities are shattering the glass ceiling in Harvard Yard. George Zimmerman, redneck; Elizabeth Warren, redskin. Under the Third Reich's Nuremberg Laws, Mrs. Warren would have been classified as Aryan and Mr. Zimmerman as non-Aryan. Now it's the other way round. Progress!

Coincidentally, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission last week issued an "Enforcement Guidance" limiting the rights of employers to take into account the criminal convictions and arrest records of job applicants because of the "disparate impact" the consideration of such matters might have on minorities. That's great news, isn't it? So Harvard Law School can't ask Elizabeth Warren if she's ever held up a liquor store because, if they did, the faculty might be even less Cherokee than it is...

In the new Composite America, you can celebrate diversity all by yourself.

Regarding Elizabeth Warren's contributions to that cookbook Pow Wow Chow (a "compilation of recipes passed down through the Five Tribes families"), a few days I wrote the above, it was reported that Mrs. Warren's crab dish passed down from her Cherokee ancestors actually came from an upscale Manhattan restaurant on Fifty-fifth Street across from the St. Regis Hotel. Noah Glyn of National Review:

Two of the possibly plagiarized recipes, said in the Pow Wow Chow cookbook to have been passed down through generations of Oklahoma Native American members of the Cherokee tribe, are described in a New York Times News Service story as originating at Le Pavilion, a fabulously expensive French restaurant in Manhattan. The dishes were said to be particular favorites of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor and Cole Porter.

As the blogger Pundette wondered: "Were they Cherokee, too?"

Why not? As Broadway's first Native American composer, Cole Porter wrote about his Indian blood in his famous song, "I've Got Sioux under My Skin."

Actually, that last line quoted above briefly made me wonder if writing about American liberalism isn't a threat to one's sanity. Some societies are racist, some societies work hard to be non-racist, but only in America does the nation's most prestigious law school hire a 100 percent white female as its first "woman of color" on the basis that she once mailed in the Duke of Windsor's favorite crab dish to a tribal cookbook. If the House of Windsor is now one of the five tribes, all America has to do is restore the monarchy, and the Queen will be your first "woman of color" in the Oval Office.

Continued below due to length

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:12 pm 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
Before he ascended to the throne, the Duke inspired a hit song of reflected celebrity: "I Danced with a Man Who Danced with a Girl Who Danced with the Prince of Wales." That seems to be how Harvard Law's identity-group quota-filling works. I'm confident that, if this issue re-emerges during Elizabeth Warren's campaign to be the first Native-American president, she'll be able to prove she danced with a man who danced with a girl who danced with someone who once changed planes at a municipal airport accidentally built on a Cherokee burial ground.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:22 pm 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
Elizabeth "Dances with Crabs" Warren

:lol: :lol:

Steyn is a funny guy.

Quote:
She's the whitest white since Frosty the Snowman fell in a vat of Wite-Out.

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:48 pm 
Sergeant Major

Elizabeth Warren Furious About Lack Of CFPB Oversight . ..

Senator Warren is upset at the lack of oversight that the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has to Congress and she claims they are not responding to her questions in a time manner.

I wonder how that could have ever happened?

Quote:
New York Time

Obama Picks Warren to Set Up Consumer Bureau

By JACKIE CALMES and SEWELL CHANSEPT. 17, 2010

[snip]

It is expected to have a budget of up to $500 million and hundreds of employees, many of them drawn from the agencies that will give up responsibilities for consumer protection. The bureau will nominally be part of the Fed, which is obligated to finance its budget, but its personnel and rule-making decisions are to be made independent of the central bank.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/18/us/po ... arren.html

Warren was instrumental in assuring that the CFPB operate without Congressional oversight and its director, unlike members of the Cabinet, do not serve at the pleasure of the president and can be removed only for “inefficiency, neglect of duty, or malfeasance in office.”

You set it up that way, didn't you Liz...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:30 pm 
Sergeant Major

How can something with a $500M budget be unaccountable to the POTUS or Congress?

Sounds like a recipe for unaccountability to me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
How can something with a $500M budget be unaccountable to the POTUS or Congress?

Sounds like a recipe for unaccountability to me.

Their budget comes from the Federal Reserve, which is not subject to Congressional approval or presidential approval.

The CFPB was intentionally set up this way by the Congress and president in office at the time (Harry Reid, leader in the Senate, Pelosi leader in the House, Obama leader in the White House).

IIRC the justification for setting it up this was was that they didn’t want a future (take that as GOP) Administration Rolling back the reforms that were put into place (which is sort of naive if you think about it it...what Congress puts iinto place by law, it can remove by law). They wanted a CFPB that could not be tinkered with by Congress or influenced by political pressure (contributions or lobbyists).

So Liz got her CFPB that was not beholden to Congress. :lol:

PS she wasn’t in Congress at that point so it didn’t matter to her...and she apparently wasn’t thinking ahead far enough to consider the possibility that she might one day become a US Senator.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:46 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/04/12/ ... ions-ever/

Quote:
Mulvaney To Congress: Thanks To You, I Don’t Have To Answer Any Of Your Questions — Ever

ED MORRISSEYPosted at 2:31 pm on April 12, 2018

When Mick Mulvaney served in the House, he tried to warn colleagues that the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau was too independent of Congress. Now that he’s running the CFPB, Mulvaney wants to demonstrate just how correct he was. For the second straight day, the acting director has told a congressional panel that he can just sit in front of them all day and ignore their questions, and there’s nothing they can do about it:

Courtney Norris

@courtneyknorris
NEW: Mick Mulvaney (@CFPBDirector) - in opening testimony to Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs - says, "while I have to be here by statute I don't think I have to answer your questions if you take a look at actual statute that requires me to be here"

10:31 AM - Apr 12, 2018

Mick Mulvaney, the acting director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), told a Senate panel on Thursday that he’s not legally bound to answer lawmakers’ questions, only to appear before them, in comments meant to stress his agency’s independence.

“While I have to be here by statute, I don’t think I have to answer your questions,” Mulvaney told the Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee. “If you take a look at the actual statute that requires me to be here, it says that I ‘shall appear’ before the Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs of the Senate. And I’m here and I’m happy to do it.”

Mulvaney delivered the same message to the House yesterday. In testimony before the Financial Services committee, Mulvaney pointed out that the enabling statute for the CFPB only required him to show up when asked. Otherwise, he could just as well twiddle his thumbs or answer e-mails rather than answering any questions from Congress:

Mick Mulvaney took his seat before a congressional committee Wednesday for the first time since his controversial appointment to be the nation’s top consumer financial watchdog and boldly declared he didn’t have to say a word.

“I believe it would be my statutory right to just sit here and twiddle my thumbs while you all ask questions,” Mulvaney, acting director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, told the House Financial Services Committee.

Jeb Hensarling found it hilarious, calling protests from his Democratic colleagues “great comic relief”:

The committee’s chairman, Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas), who has been the leading opponent of the bureau, said “it is sheer irony and great comic relief to see the wailing and gnashing of teeth of many of my Democratic colleagues” about their inability to hold Mulvaney accountable.

Hensarling validated Mulvaney’s view that Dodd-Frank doesn’t require him to answer lawmakers’ questions, adding that “you could play Candy Crush for the next few hours and there would be nothing we could do about it.”

This attempt to force Congress to reckon with its own bad ideas didn’t just start yesterday. Mulvaney threw the first punch last week in correspondence with Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), who helped create the agency — and its independence from Congress. The Washington Examiner covered the exchange:

Acting Consumer Financial Protection Bureau director Mick Mulvaney has told Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., that he doesn’t plan on responding to her questions about the agency, and said it’s her fault that he is not required to answer.

Mulvaney, a conservative who was an outspoken critic of the bureau during his time as a congressman, told Warren in a letter sent Wednesday that the structure of the agency, which she helped design, shields him from accountability.

“I encourage you to consider the possibility that the frustration you are experiencing now, and that which I had a few years back, are both inevitable consequences of the fact that the Dodd-Frank… Act insulates the Bureau from virtually any accountability to the American people through their elected representatives,” Mulvaney wrote.

Mulvaney flat-out refused to answer Warren’s written questions. Both today and yesterday, though, Mulvaney engaged the questions from the panels. Perhaps a rhetorical hoisting of Congress by its own petard will be sufficient to get the message across, pushing Congress to reform the CFPB to make it more accountable in its exercise of power. Otherwise, Mulvaney might really have to play Candy Crush the next time rather than exchange Words With Authoritarians to make his point.

Reason’s Christian Britschgi reminds readers why Keith Ellison’s grandstanding on frosted glass in Mulvaney’s office missed the point about transparency by about as far as one can miss it:

Ellison—apparently under the impression that he had stumbled across a winning issue—also issued a press release on the topic and wrote a letter to Mulvaney, saying that “obscuring your activities behind frosted glass was antithetical to your professed goals of increased transparency.”

I can’t imagine what important information would be gleaned from requiring the head of a government agency monitored at all times by his subordinates. This is the kind of blatantly partisan and pointless griping that Democrats bemoaned under Pres. Obama. Given the significance and autonomy of the CFPB, Elisson’s crusade is borderline maddening.

As Reason’s Eric Boehm noted in June, “the CFPB does not have to answer to Congress or the president for its actions. It gets its funding directly from the Federal Reserve, and is run by a single director (an unusual arrangement since most regulatory agencies are run by a bipartisan group of three or five individuals) who serves a 10–year term and cannot be removed from office before that time.” …

Rather than take issue with this unaccountable structure, Ellison has praised it unconditionally, saying in a 2015 press release that “millions of Americans have had an ally protecting their mortgages, their paychecks, and their future.”

This was back when the unaccountable powers of the agency were wielded by an Democratic appointee. With this power now in the hands of his partisan foes, one might expect Ellison to interrogate the structure and powers of the office. Instead, he’s kvetching about its window tint.

I suspect that there will be some Candy Crush in Congress’ future with Mulvaney.

Update: Thanks to Lucianne for the link, and be sure to read Ace’s take on this, too. “I’m not a gay,” Ace writes, “but looking at Mick Mulvaney’s Bad Boy motorcycle-leather appeal, I have to say: I get it, Gay Dudes. I get it.” Plenty more at the link, too.

It's amusing to watch the people in Congress bitching about the lack of transparency and accountability at the CFPB when some of those very same people were the ones who created/designed this agency to run that way.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:35 pm 
Sergeant Major

Mulvaney is a laugh riot. Fauxahontas almost shat out a Cherokee lobster...claws and all.

The Trump Presidency..the gift that keeps on giving. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next