maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1363 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 137  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your Modern Democratic Party
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:55 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/break ... icted.html

Quote:
U.S. Rep. Fattah indicted, allegedly took illegal $1 million loan

CHRIS BRENNAN AND JEREMY ROEBUCK, INQUIRER STAFF WRITERS
LAST UPDATED: Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 12:32 PM
POSTED: Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 11:21 AM

[img]image:%20http://media.philly.com/designimages/partnerIcon-Inquirer-2014.jpg[/img]

U.S. Rep. Chaka Fattah and four associates were indicted Wednesday on racketeering conspiracy charges stemming from several alleged schemes to misuse campaign funds and hundreds of thousands of dollars in federal grant money to further their political and financial interests.

The five schemes include accepting a $1 million illegal loan for Fattah's failed 2007 mayoral campaign from a "wealthy supporter" and then repaying some of it using "charitable and federal grant funds" that passed through a nonprofit founded and controlled by Fattah, U.S. Attorney Zane David Memeger said at a news conference.

The indictment also accuses Fattah, a Democrat who represents parts of Philadelphia and Montgomery County, of seeking a $15 million federal grant for a political consultant in order to help "extinguish" a $150,000 debt owed to the consultant.

It also contends that Fattah accepted an $18,000 bribe payment in return for seeking an ambassadorship or appointment to the United States Trades Commission" for a lobbyist.

Fattah is also accused of misappropriating funds from his mayoral and congressional campaigns to repay student-loan debt for his son, Chaka "Chip" Fattah Jr.

Indicted with Fattah were Bonnie Bowser, 59 of Philadelphia; Karen Nicholas, 57, of Williamstown, N.J., Herbert Vederman, 69, of Palm Beach, Florida, and Robert Brand, 69, of Philadelphia.

Bowser is Fattah's chief of staff in his district office, Nicholas is a former Fattah staffer, Vederman is a lobbyist and Brand runs a technology company, Memeger said.

Fattah and his codefendants have been advised of the indictment and will be alerted to when they have to appear in court, Memeger said.

U.S. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi called the indictment "deeply saddening," and described Fattah as a "tireless and effective advocate for America's hard-working families." The congressman has stepped down as the ranking Democratic member of the House Appropriations Subcommittee, she said.

Fattah's lawyer, Luther Weaver, on Wednesday morning said he could not comment because he had not seen the indictment.

"Corruption like what is charged today really shakes public confidence," said Leslie Caldwell, assistant attorney general in the Department of Justice's criminal division.

Edward Hanko, special agent in charge of the FBI's Philadelphia office, said: "As citizens, we expect honest services from those elected to represent us at all levels of government."

He called the crimes and their cover up "a breach of the public trust."

brennac@phillynews.com

215-854-5973

@byChrisBrennan

Inquirer Staff Writer Mark Fazlollah and Philly.com Staff Writer Emily Babay contributed to this article.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/polit ... 7pRGj1g.99

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:46 pm 
Sergeant Major

http://dailycaller.com/2015/10/10/woman ... ver-video/

Quote:

Woman Alleges Texas Rep Threatened Her Over Undercover Video

CASEY HARPER
12:14 AM 10/10/2015

The Texas state representative recently caught in an undercover video is now being accused of threatening the person behind it.

The video in question shows Harold Dutton, a Democrat, bragging about allegedly having connections to the Bonanno crime family out of New York, specifically, he alleged, through Texas lobbyist Nick Kralj. Dutton also alleged that a Galveston sheriff gave him a tour of the town, and supposedly boasted to him that if Dutton wanted to murder someone, he could get away with it. (RELATED: Texas Lawmaker Caught On Camera Talking Organized Crime, Out Of Control Sheriff)

Emily Gardner, who worked with the American Phoenix Foundation to film the undercover video, told The Daily Caller News Foundation Dutton sent her two allegedly threatening emails and called her since TheDCNF first reported the story in late September.

Gardner ignored the call and then blocked his number, but provided copies of the emails to TheDCNF. The emails were sent from a Yahoo email address containing Dutton’s first and last name.

Dutton did not respond to request for comment.

“You have been identified as the individual who illegally taped a conversation that did not include you,” the first email to Gardner reads. “That is against Texas law and could result in a prison term.” The email is signed “Harold V. Dutton, Jr.”

Gardner said she took this as a threat that he could press charges, because he was not aware she was recording the conversation. Gardner says she recorded Dutton in a public place, which is legal in Texas as long as the person recording is present for the conversation.

She received a second email Oct. 6 that ends with the same signature and reads: “I have something for you. Let me know when you are available.” She said this second email was what really troubled her.

“Can you imagine being in the middle of your workday and getting something like that?” she told TheDCNF. “He said I have something, so I’m thinking what does he have for me, a bullet in the head?”

“I took that one as, ‘you didn’t listen to my legal complaint, because I have nothing, so maybe you’ll listen to this,’ kind of like intimidation,” she added. “That honestly did kind of shake me, because if what he said in the video is true, then he knows guys in the mafia.”

Dutton told TheDCNF last month that he was simply joking around and spinning a yarn for the people in the conversation and that none of it was true. And Kralj — the lobbyist — told TheDCNF last month the claims were ridiculous and completely untrue.

Dutton has been in office since 1992. He represents the 142nd district of Texas in Houston.

Gardner said she was out with Dutton multiple times but that her video is only a small part of a much larger project involving many other people. The American Pheonix Foundation said this video is their first in a series to expose Texas politicians.

“I hope he realizes that it’s not just me and it’s not just him,” she told TheDCNF. “I’m not the only videographer, and he’s not the only person on tape.”

Gardner said she is still worried about the emails.

“I’m so stressed,” she told TheDCNF. “I’ve just never been in a situation like this.”

Follow Casey on Twitter and like him on Facebook

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:38 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16677
Quote:
... The best way for liberals to advance their various causes would be to take a pledge to live the rather progressive lives that they advocate. Here are a modest Ten Commandments to lend them credibility in the eyes of the American people.

1. Climate Change. Perhaps the greatest carbon emission sin is jet travel. On an average London-to-New York flight each passenger emits well over 1 ton of C02 emissions, an indulgence that can nullify a year of recycling of other less-privileged Americans. All supporters of government-mandated reductions in fossil-fuel emissions could at least take the following pledge. “I will fly across the Atlantic no more than once every five years.” Private jet travel — the worst of the mortal carbon sins — of course would be banned, at least until we can transition into solar and wind aviation. Al Gore in the middle seat of Row 44, fighting to put his oversized carry-on into the overhead compartment, would be a symbolic act worth far more than all his heated and well-paid rhetoric.

2. Schools. Most liberals oppose charter schools, support teachers’ unions, and encourage generous immigration, legal and illegal. To further diversity in the schools, create easier integration, and to nullify the insidiousness of white privilege, each liberal should pledge, “I will put at least one of my children in an inner-city public school, or in a school where the white enrollment is in a minority.” What better way to acculturate a young elite to the new world around him? Could not the Obama children attend a D.C. public school?

3. Guns. Gun control is an iconic liberal issue, specifically limitations on handguns and concealed weapons. Too many guns in too many places supposedly encourage violent crime. Again, what better way to make a statement than by having all liberal celebrities, business people, and politicians take the following pledge: “I will pledge that no one in my security detail will ever carry a concealed firearm of any sort”? Surely the pope, of all people, did not need armed guards, with lethal concealed weapons, surrounding his pope-mobile?

4. Illegal Immigration. Liberals support the idea of unlimited immigration, legal or not. But the key for successful upward mobility for newly arrived immigrants, attested in nearly all studies, is integration and acculturation with American citizens. Therefore the following pledge seems ideal for any supporter of open borders: “I will socialize weekly with at least one illegal immigrant, whether inviting him to a sporting event, dinner, or recreational activity.” Were one upscale family to adopt an immigrant family from south of the border, the latter’s health care, legal, education, economic, and culture challenges might be alleviated. There are plenty of empty and mostly unused guest houses behind estates in Malibu and Santa Monica, and very few shelters for new arrivals: why not combine need and idleness — and help the helpless?

5. Sanctuary Cities. Most liberals support sanctuary cities and the idea of open borders, including the right of cities to nullify federal law. Why not pledge, “I will swear support for all American cities that choose to nullify any federal laws that they find oppressive and somehow contrary to the idea of America”? When a cattleman shoots a wolf, and a county sheriff guffaws and claims “that’s a federal problem, not mine,” then we will have come full circle to the sort of disasters that occur in San Francisco.

6. Diversity. “White privilege” and “black lives matters” are slogans that resonate with liberals. Both could be reified with a simple pledge: “I will live in a neighborhood in which at least one of my immediate neighbors is a non-white household.” In addition, why not eliminate the idea of a gated community altogether? Why send not-so-coded signals that the Other is not wanted? (Could not the Obama administration put a $1,000,000 luxury tax on each of a community’s exclusionary gates?)

7. Voting Laws. For liberals, driver’s license IDs are unnecessary for registration or even showing up at the polls to vote. Why, then, not cement that pledge by sanctifying the uselessness of such IDs in everyday life? “As proof of solidarity, I pledge that I will not use my own driver’s license ID either during any commercial purchase or at the airport security line — both being far more important than mere voting.”

8. The Environment. West Coast liberals should do something to alleviate the effect of the drought, given that they have cancelled most of the secondary phases of the California Water Project and released several million acre-feet of stored reservoir water into the ocean: “I pledge that I will not use any water that is stored in, and transferred at great costs from, a man-made, artificial reservoir, especially those at great distances built in sensitive areas such as Yosemite National Park.” There could even be an additional corollary: “I pledge that I will not waste precious water on my lawn or ornamental plants.” (One sees lots of new plastic, artificial lawns in Fresno, which has a vast aquifer, but almost none in Palo Alto and Atherton, which do not). Can one imagine Woodside or Los Altos with Astroturf?

9. The University. The university is a bastion of liberalism and therefore must reflect such progressive values. “I pledge to support no university whose rate of increase in annual tuition exceeds the rate of inflation or that pays different wages to different categories of professor for the exact same class taught.” Why not boycott Harvard or Berkeley, given that their part-time policies make Wal-Mart’s look enlightened?

10. Affirmative Action. Affirmative Action is a bedrock liberal issue, especially the idea of changing evaluation criteria on the basis of perceived social need. Why not strengthen a commitment to affirmative action in deed as well as word, given the insidious nature of white privilege that gives a leg up to white elite youth in a way impossible for the children of the Other? “I pledge that at least one of my children will enter a reverse affirmative action program by refusing admission to any school that admits only 10% of its applicants. Instead he will only enroll in a more egalitarian one that admits 90% of its applicants.” And for those who cannot live up to their rhetoric, why not at least a lesser oath, “I promise to use no backdoor pressure — alumni, legacy, private phone call, quid-pro-quo — to help my college-age children circumvent the admission process in a way that is unavailable to others”?

Given that these pledges do not reflect current liberal behavior, apparently abiding by them would mean that there would soon be no more liberals. ...

http://pjmedia.com/victordavishanson/liberals-ten-commandments/?singlepage=true

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:24 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16677
San Diego has too much water - they are better water planners so get penalized by their "state" !! :D

Quote:
While other parts of California are bone dry, San Diego faces the opposite problem: too much water
Morgan Cook
Thanks to years of planning and its new desalination plant coming online next month, San Diego has 99% of the water needed for normal usage. But since conservation mandates apply statewide, the county is experiencing an oversupply of water.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-drought-watch-20151125-story.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/12/01/f ... on-counts/

Quote:
Former NY Dem Speaker, Sheldon Silver, found guilty on all corruption counts

POSTED AT 8:01 AM ON DECEMBER 1, 2015 BY JAZZ SHAW

Share on Facebook 36 36 SHARES
It really shouldn’t have come as all that much of a shock, but the New York political world seemed to be turned on its ear yesterday when former assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver was brought in guilty by a jury of his peers on each and every count in his corruption trial. (New York Post)

Former Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver was convicted Monday in a $5 million public-corruption case, cementing a stunning fall from power that exposed Albany’s sleazy culture of influence-peddling — and showed that it reached to the top.

On its third day of rocky deliberations, a Manhattan federal jury handed down guilty verdicts on all seven counts against Silver, despite two jurors threatening to throw the trial into turmoil by demanding to be excused.

Silver, a 71-year-old veteran lawmaker who was once one of the most powerful politicians in the state, was found guilty of honest-services fraud, extortion and money-laundering for trading political favors to enrich himself and then lying about it.

We’ve been covering the charges against Silver and his fall from … for lack of a better word, I’ll say “grace?” since news of the scandal broke. Silver isn’t the first official to go down in US Attorney Preet Bharara’s quest to clean up what he once famously called a cauldron of corruption in Empire State government, and he likely won’t be the last. (As a side note, this is the same Preet Bharara we discussed the other day over his seeming lack of curiosity in prosecuting Chevron Shakedown artist Steven Donziger. At least we know what he’s been busy with.) Preet already took down Dean Skelos, one of the top Republicans in the state government and several other key players.

Silver is looking at up to 130 years in jail at the maximum, but the prosecutors have indicated that they’ll likely only be looking for 20 years at sentencing. Already not in the best of health, that would still amount to essentially a death sentence for the 71 year old Democrat were he to serve the full term. (Also unlikely in my opinion.)

But as I said above, Bharara’s net probably isn’t empty yet. Silver had so many ties to politicians from the local to the national level that it could take decades to sort them all out. At the top end of the scale, and perhaps of greater interest to the audience, is Hillary Clinton, who has more than a few political donors in common with Silver. She’s also on record talking about what a swell guy he was, as Grabien quickly noted last night. They cite one stage appearance where the Democrat frontrunner described Silver as a stalwart voice for New Yorkers.

Hillary is also one of the many candidates (including Silver and Skelos) who are tied up with a web of New York real estate interests who have been pouring money into both state and federal politics. Chief among these is Glenwood Management, who not only flushed a ton of cash toward Sheldon Silver, but has reportedly drawn New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo into the investigation. None of that will be shocking when you consider that Glenwood dumped more than $3.6M into political donations in a four year period, with $1.45M of that going to Cuomo alone.

Silver proudly proclaimed to the press that he would be “vindicated” when this entire investigation began. His predictions seem to have been a bit off the mark, and now “the bad times” begin, to borrow a line from Goodfellas. Adios, Mr. Speaker.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:07 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 5025
Barbara Boxer Stuns With These Nine Words Following California Shooting: ‘She Really Said This’

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/12/03/barbara-boxer-stuns-with-these-nine-words-following-california-shooting-she-really-said-this/

Quote:
Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) stunned many Thursday when she expressed support for gun control legislation by pointing to the supposed success of such laws in California.

“Sensible gun laws work,” Boxer told reporters. “We’ve proven it in California.”

Boxer was immediately hammered on Twitter for the remark.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

mac1812 wrote:
Barbara Boxer Stuns With These Nine Words Following California Shooting: ‘She Really Said This’

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/12/03/barbara-boxer-stuns-with-these-nine-words-following-california-shooting-she-really-said-this/

Quote:
Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) stunned many Thursday when she expressed support for gun control legislation by pointing to the supposed success of such laws in California.

“Sensible gun laws work,” Boxer told reporters. “We’ve proven it in California.”

Boxer was immediately hammered on Twitter for the remark.

The Senator must have forgotten that San Bernadino is in California.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:44 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 5025

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:13 pm 
Sergeant Major

Wait a minute. Did that retard really say that?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

Yes, he did.

Now that he's a msulim he will have to change his position on gays

Inshallah he does not attend a Christian church now or he will get his head chopped off for aposty.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1363 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 137  Next