maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your Modern Democratic Party
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:24 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 14573
These ppl are going to get all of us killed.

"There are too many!"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:29 pm 
First Sergeant

HOLY SHIT!

HOLY BLUE FLYING FUCK!!

Who's going to feed them?

It won't be liberals. Those guys aren't moving into gated communities.

OH SHIT!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:38 pm 
First Sergeant

oh dear

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:43 pm 
First Sergeant

There's an open lot next to Al Gore's place...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:52 pm 
First Sergeant

That's a lot of head shake.

He prolly missed what he was shooting at :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:30 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16223
C_S wrote:

HOLY SHIT!

HOLY BLUE FLYING FUCK!!

Who's going to feed them?

It won't be liberals. Those guys aren't moving into gated communities.

OH SHIT!

I believe that happened in a little enclave that Spain has on the coast of North Africa. The people snuck over a fence or something.

If this sort of shit happens alot, I wonder why the Spanish government doesn't just say "Fuck it" and hand the enclave back to the country next door. If no one wants it they could just shut it down and never return to it. That might be the best way to deal with it.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:05 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 14634
chijohnaok wrote:

I believe that happened in a little enclave that Spain has on the coast of North Africa. The people snuck over a fence or something.

If this sort of shit happens alot, I wonder why the Spanish government doesn't just say "Fuck it" and hand the enclave back to the country next door. If no one wants it they could just shut it down and never return to it. That might be the best way to deal with it.

lolwut?

Have you seen how they're still pissed at the Brits about Gibraltar?

I don't think Spain would like that idea at all!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:46 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 14267
CatLover7 wrote:
Quote:
In dwindling swing districts, Emanuel told me, Democrats need to choose candidates who are pro-middle class, not merely pro-poor.

This is why the Democrat elite, despite what they say, want a smaller middle class. They do their damnedest to drive folks into the poor house and then make sure they stay there. This is probably true of the Republican elite as well but I haven't seen direct evidence.

That pretty much sums it up.

Dimms go to bed every night praying for an economic collapse or a national disaster.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:17 am 
Sergeant Major

NefariousKoel wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:

lolwut?

Have you seen how they're still pissed at the Brits about Gibraltar?

I don't think Spain would like that idea at all!

Unless I am mistaken, you will not see scenes like the one CS posted of people jumping the fences from Gibraltar into Spain.

If the Spanish are happy wish more scenes like that then by all means they should hold onto those little flyspecks of territory.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:04 am 
Sergeant Major

http://freebeacon.com/politics/tom-pere ... stitution/

Quote:
Tom Perez Says ‘Electoral College Is Not a Creation of the Constitution’ (It Is.)
DNC chair gets Constitution wrong in speech to law students

BY: Brent Scher
October 26, 2017 5:00 am

Democratic National Committee chairman Tom Perez incorrectly stated "the Electoral College is not a creation of the Constitution" during a Tuesday night speech.

"The Electoral College is not a creation of the Constitution," Perez said during a lecture at Indiana University Law School. "It doesn’t have to be there."

The Electoral College, a mechanism for indirect election of the president created by the Founding Fathers as a compromise between smaller states and larger states, is clearly laid out in Article II of the Constitution: "Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress."

Perez has previously stated that President Donald Trump "didn’t win" last November’s election because Hillary Clinton won the popular vote, but he has never denied the fact that it is part of the Constitution.

The DNC did not respond to an inquiry into whether Perez truly thinks the "Electoral College is not a creation of the Constitution."

There are many educational resources available on the Internet that provide clear explanations of what is in the document, including many from the National Constitution Center, which was established by Congress to provide a "non-partisan … understanding of the Constitution among the American people."

"Rather than being elected directly by the people, the president is elected by members of the Electoral College, which is created by Article II, Section 1," it explains.

Following his comment, Perez went on to explain his hopes that states agree to a "national popular vote compact," in which states agree to give their allocated electoral votes to the winner of the national popular vote.

"There's a national popular vote compact in which a number of states have passed a bill that says, we will allocate our vote, our electoral votes, to the person who wins the national popular vote once other states totaling 170 electoral votes do the same," Perez said. "I’m frankly proud to tell you that the first state to pass such a law was Maryland."

The main supporters of the plan put forward by Perez seem to understand it is a plan to circumvent the system created by the Constitution, not an argument that the system doesn’t exist.

Most critiques of the Electoral College, such as this one from Slate, which describes it as "a democratically indefensible anachronism that dilutes minority votes while disproportionately amplifying whites votes," also recognize that it is part of the Constitution.

"The Electoral College remains lodged in our Constitution, and this year, for the fourth time in history, it elevated to the presidency a candidate who lost the popular vote," writes Slate in its lead paragraph.

The comment from Perez came during a lecture honoring former Indiana Democratic Sen. Birch Bayh, who was accused last year of sexual assault by a writer who said Bayh groped her in the backseat of a limousine.

The DNC did not respond to an inquiry into whether Perez was aware of the allegations when he accepted the speaking opportunity.

The DNC was criticized earlier this month when it announced it would be keeping much of the money it was given by Hollywood megadonor Harvey Weinstein, who has been widely accused of rape and sexual assault.

So the guy the Democratic Party puts in charge of running its operations (including making decisions related to policy and funding of future elections) doesn't understand the process for electing the US President. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next