maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your Modern Democratic Party
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16806
There is some serious friction between Hispanics and Vietnamese in mixed districts in Calif. I pisses off Latino politicians that they finally vanquished the "Anglos" and now they have these fucking Vietnamese running circles around them.

The Vietnamese are not only more conservative but they have ZERO sympathy for illegal immigration.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:41 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 11164
I've worked in the same teams as about 200 Vietnamese over the past 20 years ... they are on average harder workers than most other cultures ... in my experience ... not saying the latinos aren't ... but I am saying the Vietnamese are. During and after the VN war I thought I would hate them forever. But, I have learned they were our main allies as well as our main enemies. To quote someone from another forum ... "it is complicated".

But I've worked for a lady with the same background as Janet ... so I am familiar with the idea.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:21 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16223
http://hotair.com/archives/2017/05/12/g ... x-evasion/

Quote:
Guilty on 18 counts: Former Dem rep convicted for corruption, tax evasion
POSTED AT 10:01 AM ON MAY 12, 2017 BY ED MORRISSEY

A former Democratic Congresswoman faces a potentially long prison sentence after losing in federal court yesterday. A jury found Corrine Brown guilty of wire fraud and conspiracy charges, in a case filed last year by the Department of Justice. Brown got convicted on 18 of 22 counts, four of which involve her tax returns and one for concealing information from her Congressional financial disclosures:

[news video at above link]

After a historic, nearly 25-year career representing Florida in Congress, former U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown was found guilty on Thursday of taking money from a charity that was purported to be giving scholarships to poor students.

The verdict came after prosecutors outlined a pattern of fraud by Brown, 70, and her top aide that included using hundreds of thousands of dollars from the One Door for Education Foundation for lavish parties, trips and shopping excursions. She was convicted of 18 of the 22 charges against her, including lying on her taxes and on her congressional financial disclosure forms. …

Federal prosecutors said Brown and her associates used One Door to bring in more than $800,000 between 2012 and 2016, including a high-profile golf tournament at TPC Sawgrass. Brown’s indictment said the Virginia-based One Door only gave out one scholarship for $1,200 to an unidentified person in Florida

Brown remains free on her own recognizance until sentencing in 90 days. She’s looking at what could end up being a de facto life sentence, depending on how the judge crafts the penalties. The fraud convictions would likely get grouped together, but even with that, the base for federal fraud is six years, and the amount of corrupt takings in this case (and the use of a charity front) could push that all the way up to Level 10 on the federal sentencing table, with a 6-12 year stretch minimum. Conspiracy could add another 10 years, but that’s likely to get wrapped up in the fraud convictions. The tax evasion charges are likely to get addressed separately, but for a first-time offender, it seems unlikely that the judge would apply those consecutively rather than concurrently.

The wildcard for Brown will be her status as a member of Congress. A federal judge may very well decide that this is a case where a message has to be sent that those in power will be held accountable for their abuses, rather than have her years of public service used as a mitigating factor, but perhaps it could go the other way around. It seems most unlikely that Brown will stay out of prison at all, nor should she after these convictions. Best guess is that Brown ends up with an effective sentence of 8-10 years at a minimum security facility. At 70 years of age, that may be all she has left.

Brown insists she’s been railroaded by the Department of Justice and plans to appeal. Her legal team will no doubt move to allow her to remain free on bail, but that would be a very unusual outcome for a fraud and corruption case. She’ll almost certainly be making her conspiracy-theory claims from inside prison rather than outside of it.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:35 pm 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
Brown insists she’s been railroaded by the Department of Justice and plans to appeal

Bullshit. She was "railroaded' by the "My People" Holder DOJ? You just know they went around to corporations putting the "people of color" bite on them for donations. That's how it works. You either donate or they call for a boycott or bus some "people of color" in to your HQ for a "civil rights march".

And the judge is supposed to consider "public service" as a mitigating factor?? "Public service" my ass.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:36 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10688
Famous liberal politician and Hillary super delegate gets convicted of fraud . . . SO NOT Newsworthy . . .

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:56 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 3780
Anthropoid wrote:
Famous liberal politician and Hillary super delegate gets convicted of fraud . . . SO NOT Newsworthy . . .

I simply must get the number of her wig stylist.....

she looks like a Mocha Howard Stern.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:11 pm 
Sergeant Major

Normally I worry about fire risk with wigs but I think you cover the Soyuz heat shield with that for re-entry.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:02 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16223
Ok, no special reason to post this, but I ran across it and wanted to post it before I forgot about it:

:)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 12194
Quote:
she looks like a Mocha Howard Stern.

Sven you bastard I just shot beer out my nose from laughing. :lol: :lol:

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 12194
Quote:
Brown remains free on her own recognizance until sentencing in 90 days.

What's the over under on showing up for sentencing versus disappearing and showing up in France with a request for political asylum?

Wish they could finally bag Maxine Waters for diverting funds to OneUnited bank.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next