maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Get Your Hands Off My Soda!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:48 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 3006
hmm, fatness surged after Reagan was elected. Coincidence? I think not.

:mrgreen:

What is funny though, is the 'fitness craze' began in the early eighties iirc. 'Fat' lot of good that did!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:52 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16056
Overeating is certainly part of it but so is indolence.

I saw my neigbour taking his trash cans out with a quadrunner. :lol:

Ironically, the real culprit is a high standard of living making food very cheap and virtually without caloric expenditure to obatian.....and a reduction in smoking.

Either way...nobody but a nanny-state limp-wrist is going to see banning large drink sizes as a solution.

Last edited by jack t ripper on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:54 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 6825
Snow Leopard wrote:
hmm, fatness surged after Reagan was elected. Coincidence? I think not.

:mrgreen:

What is funny though, is the 'fitness craze' began in the early eighties iirc. 'Fat' lot of good that did!

ya know...your very right on that ...everyone was in some type of spandex doing aerobics ...from Olivia 'Juice' Newton to horrible hair metal bands... :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:56 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 6825
jack t ripper wrote:

I got a segway solely for bringing out the recycling...you know, all them cans of cheese wiz and other aerosol snacks, they pile up quick :oops:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16056
robpost3 wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:

I got a segway solely for bringing out the recycling...you know, all them cans of cheese wiz and other aerosol snacks, they pile up quick :oops:

Here's a tip. You know how there is still propellant left at the end of the cheese wiz? I have a little cradle with a foot trigger on my Segway. The Cheese-wiz cannisters point back and give you a little boost between recharges.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:32 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 14323
I saw my neigbour taking his trash cans out with a quadrunner

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:53 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15634
So here is where the large soda ban has gone:

NYC parents takes the family out for dinner or pizza; no more pitchers of soda on sale. You have to buy individual cans/16oz bottles.

Order a family-sized pizza for delivery and want a 2 litter bottle of soda. No can do. Got to order individual cans/16oz bottles.

Typically, a pizzeria charges $3 for a 2-liter bottle of Coke. But under the ban, customers would have to buy six 12-ounce cans at a total cost of $7.50 to get an equivalent amount of soda.

But hey, I'm sure that families can afford to pay more than double what they were paying before for beverages.
I'm mean that is in no way going to deter families from dining out, stimulating the economy.

Also, implications for the eco-friendly crowd:

Quote:
He said the smaller bottles will generate more revenue for the restaurant but cost consumers more.

It will also trash more plastic into the environment.

What about the upscale Manhattan socialites and Wall Street crowd?

Quote:
And if you’re looking for a night of bottle service at a Manhattan hot spot, be warned: Spending $300 on a bottle of vodka no longer entitles you to a full complement of mixers.

The carafes in which mixers are typically served hold 32 ounces, and the most common mixers — sodas, cranberry juice and tonic water — will be limited. Only water and 100 percent juice will be unlimited.

“Oh, my God. Seriously?” said Lamia Sunti, owner of the swanky West Village club Le Souk Harem. “It’s not like one person is going to be drinking the whole carafe. It’s silly.”

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/soda ... oNZEBOdZ2L

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:19 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7388
"Bloomberg is still going to allow pizzas to be delivered? Unbelievable. It seems like the obesity from the pizza combined with the global warming from the delivery vehicle would be enough to convince The Nanny to put a stop to it. Maybe that’s next."

The bedfellows politics made are never strange. It only seems that way to those who have not watched the courtship.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:05 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 3288
Poindexter wrote:
"Bloomberg is still going to allow pizzas to be delivered? Unbelievable. It seems like the obesity from the pizza combined with the global warming from the delivery vehicle would be enough to convince The Nanny to put a stop to it. Maybe that’s next."

hey.....if americans want to be fat, be obese, eat junk food, drink junk soda, die prematurely from obesity and associated heart disease....then they have every goddamn right under the Constitution to eat and drink themselves to death from junk, right?

where does this rich nanny (oy veh) New York City mayor think he's coming from anyway? Could he be a 5th column for the stinking savages? :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:18 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15634
Mr. McGibbletts wrote:
Good to see that all of New York's problems are fixed and they are on to this. I'm sure the Mayor waited till he got the call that the last criminal was arrested and the last pothole fixed before worrying about this issue.

They haven't been fixed:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/rich ... rUGiCGMDVN

Quote:
Rich slum dogs
Even wealthy can crash at shelters: Mike

By DAN MACLEOD
Last Updated: 3:12 AM, March 9, 2013
Posted: 1:09 AM, March 9, 2013
Bill Gates would probably prefer the Waldorf.

Mayor Bloomberg yesterday put his foot in his mouth by suggesting homeless shelters are bursting at the seams because anyone can get a bed — even the filthy rich.

“You can arrive in your private jet at Kennedy Airport, take a private limousine and go straight to the shelter system, walk in the door, and we’ve got to give you shelter,” the billionaire mayor fumed on his weekly WOR radio show.

“That’s what the law is. I didn’t write the law.”

He was referring to a decree signed by Mayor Ed Koch 30 years ago that gives free shelter to anyone who says they need it.

Bloomberg’s comments came the week that an advocacy group for the homeless released a report saying the city’s homeless population surged in the past year.

“It’s pretty ludicrous to claim that there are people flying in private jets and taking private limos to the shelter system,” said Patrick Markee of the Coalition for the Homeless.

“He didn’t seem to want to take responsibility for the fact that there are more than 50,000 people sleeping in city shelters, including 21,000 children.”

City Comptroller John Liu piled on.

“Only an out-of-touch mayor who travels by private jet and limo would make such a tone-deaf wisecrack about a homeless crisis that has only worsened under his careless watch,” said Liu, a likely mayoral candidate.

The city Department of Homeless Services admitted it is required to accept any single adult who claims to need shelter.

“Litigation, supported by Coalition for the Homeless, has prevented the city from implementing a reasonable screening process for determining if single adults seeking shelter have other available housing or financial means to obtain it,” said Commissioner Seth Diamond.

The mayor said getting people out of shelters is harder since the state axed a program that provided temporary subsidies for private housing.

“That program went away. So we’re having trouble moving people out of the shelter system,” he said. “The good news is there’s fewer people coming in, but there’s nobody going out the door on the other side.”

The city is spending $819million this year to house the homeless, nearly 20 percent more than it did two years ago.

I'm sure its very common for rich millionaires and billionaires to fly into NYC in their private jets, get into a limo, and head right down to the closest homeless shelter for quality overnight accommodations. :roll:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next