maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Embrace Diversity!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:48 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 6762
Rent at the moment in a lot of places are a lot higher than a mortgage dude to the large amounts of defaults. People know that lending market for individuals is extremely tight so most people only option is to rent. It's a balancing act though. You don't want to go too high where people can't afford it and price yourself out of the market.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:51 pm 
Sergeant Major

LaPalice wrote:
EUBanana wrote:

Hmm. Well.

If the rents are so high then there must be some sort of reason why landlords aren't piling into the business, because thats the natural thing that would happen. There's certainly plenty of ways prices can be systematically jacked up - planning laws, a screwed up mortgage market and the like.

The solution in my mind would be to find out what those reasons are, and try and remove them. I've never seen an example to date where that reason wasn't ultimately due to some government policy having an unforeseen effect.

Certainly in the UK the cost of living is high because of various government policies which serve to jack up prices. The ultra low interest rates is just the first and most obvious one.

The prices of home are high, but people are forced to pay them, as having a home is a basic necessity. So why the private sector, before all interested by profit, would construct homes, which would result in the decrease of the prices, so of the profits? It is as simple as that. Why would a landlord make repair work in his dilapidated apartment if a family has no other mean than to pay the price that the landlord asks, because that family has no other solution?

Home prices aren't high here in the US, actually they are relatively low and I don't think we've hit the bottom yet. Builds aren't building more because they have a glut of houses they've already built that they can't get rid of. There are whole subdivisions that have all newly built houses that no one has ever lived in. They can't give them away.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:52 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 2952
LaPalice wrote:
Who cares? There is no private solution to the housing crisis. Show me were the private sector resolve the problem that we have here in France. If there is a housing crisis here, it is not because there is too much state, it is because the supply does not meet the demand. The demand is too high and the private sector can’t follow it. The prices skyrocket and a part of the population (15%) must accept what the market offers: shit. Again, there was a housing crisis in the 50’s and the 60's and the state, and only it, resolved it.

Did it?
A marketeer would say that the gov´s intervention prevented private supply from meeting demand. And burned taxpayer money on top of that.

And what did the gov do btw? My wild guess is private companies were paid to build the housing.
Why the distrust in demand? The supply side will match price eventually. Would there be credible 100€ smartphones at the supermarket if the gov was running it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:57 pm 
Sergeant Major

Scharfschütze wrote:
LaPalice wrote:
Who cares? There is no private solution to the housing crisis. Show me were the private sector resolve the problem that we have here in France. If there is a housing crisis here, it is not because there is too much state, it is because the supply does not meet the demand. The demand is too high and the private sector can’t follow it. The prices skyrocket and a part of the population (15%) must accept what the market offers: shit. Again, there was a housing crisis in the 50’s and the 60's and the state, and only it, resolved it.

Did it?
A marketeer would say that the gov´s intervention prevented private supply from meeting demand. And burned taxpayer money on top of that.

And what did the gov do btw? My wild guess is private companies were paid to build the housing.
Why the distrust in demand? The supply side will match price eventually. Would there be credible 100€ smartphones at the supermarket if the gov was running it?

Supply and demand doesn't always match up because there are too many mitigating factors. The housing market is a good example of supply and demand balancing each other out if the government took a hands off approach, locally. But then again in some ways you can't have government completely step back because you get into predatory practices, robo-signers and global selling of bad debt, globally.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:00 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 16218
knuckles_95 wrote:

Looks like a pretty strong correlation to me

http://www.veteransinc.org/about-us/statistics/

Looks like pure bullshit to me. I see a lot of manufactured 'statistics" conforming to liberal sterotypes about veterans being a bunch of drug addicted violent losers who were too stupid to stay out of the army.

If the bullshit from that bunch of commies were true, most of the men who served in world war II would have spent the next fifty years on skid row. More than 80 percent of military personnel never fire a weapon and are never exposed to hostile fire. Most of the people assigned to the middle east spent their time sorting mail, pushing paper, and frying eggs. only a select few individuals who volunteered for specialities such as infantry, armor, aviaton, and military police ever fired a shot and the overwhelming majority of them are racist white boys from rural areas in the south and west.

Here's a website that sort Iraq and Afghanistasn war casualties by sex, race, age, and hometowns.

Want to know how many black men from Chicago died from all causes in Iraq? That would be three. Oakland, CA? None. Click on the little black dots and it gives you a photo, name, and cause of death of each casualty.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:15 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 9657
Scharfschütze wrote:

Did it?

Well, why the state took measures in the end of the 50’s and in the 60’s? Because there was a housing crisis. Why was there a housing crisis? Because the private sector was not able to supply the demand.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:35 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 3538
doggie wrote:
knuckles_95 wrote:

Looks like a pretty strong correlation to me

http://www.veteransinc.org/about-us/statistics/

Looks like pure bullshit to me. I see a lot of manufactured 'statistics" conforming to liberal sterotypes about veterans being a bunch of drug addicted violent losers who were too stupid to stay out of the army.

If the bullshit from that bunch of commies were true, most of the men who served in world war II would have spent the next fifty years on skid row. More than 80 percent of military personnel never fire a weapon and are never exposed to hostile fire. Most of the people assigned to the middle east spent their time sorting mail, pushing paper, and frying eggs. only a select few individuals who volunteered for specialities such as infantry, armor, aviaton, and military police ever fired a shot and the overwhelming majority of them are racist white boys from rural areas in the south and west.

Here's a website that sort Iraq and Afghanistasn war casualties by sex, race, age, and hometowns.

Want to know how many black men from Chicago died from all causes in Iraq? That would be three. Oakland, CA? None. Click on the little black dots and it gives you a photo, name, and cause of death of each casualty.

:shock:
are you saying hardly any black soldiers died in Iraq since 2003?
anyone got the stats on US combat deaths in Iraq by race since 2003?
repeat, combat deaths.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:09 pm 

Everything you want to know mis at that link. There are are several major urban areas with NO casualties from eIther war zone.

126 black men have died from all causes in Afghanistan. 6.6 percent of the total.

405 black men have died from all causes in Iraq. 9 percent of the total.

115 women, 2,5% have died in Iraq.

35 women, 1.8% have died in Afghanistan

Minorities in the Armed Forces

Percent of Armed Forces that are minority: 37% (compared to 30% of the U.S. population),

Percent of enlisted troops that are:

Black: 20% (compared to 13% of the U.S. population),

Hispanic: 11%,

Other minorities: 6%,

Percent of combat troops that are:

Black: 15%.

Army Recruitment Goals Endangered as Percent of African American Enlistees Declines

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:46 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 3538
^
interesting stats. would appear that black male soldiers are also dieing recently.

what i think one could agree on is that not every last single everyone should be getting combat-killed according to their racial percentage of the general US population, .....more of a lottery in death?

i was way too young in 64-72, but i'm guessing OE and CO didnt care abt specifics of their comrades that got combat-killed

rear-area accidents, sickness, disease, suicide deaths are no less heartbreaking for the families of the dead than combat-deaths.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:14 pm 

A lot of the casualties in the middle east are straight up murders. A soldier murdered by an alleged "non combatant" is not "killed in action". A lot of service and support troops are being killed by IEDs on what should be uneventfull road marches. There's no "combat action" involved there, especially considering the insane rules of engagement that make allied troops sitting ducks.

I've heard this "minority cannon fodder" bullshit for decades. And it is bullshit. When ever reporters showed up, they made a bee line for the black troops. They only wanted to interview the black pilots and flight crews. They were crushed when there weren't any. if you're looking for minorities in the U.S. armed forces, you'll find most of them in the mess halls, post offices and clerical Pools. that's the way it is. There are blacK combat troops, but the idea that they make up anywhere near the majority of trigger pullers is a liberal fantasy.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next