maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Embrace Diversity!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:45 am 
Offline
Honorary Texan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:11 am
Posts: 9344
Location: Hole-in-the-Wall
Reputation points: 8023
Quote:
7 March 2012

Nicolas Sarkozy Says France Has too Many Foreigners

French President Nicolas Sarkozy has said there are too many foreigners in France and the system for integrating them is "working worse and worse".

In a TV debate, Mr Sarkozy defended his plan to almost halve the number of new arrivals if re-elected next month.

Mr Sarkozy is trailing in the opinion polls behind the Socialist candidate Francois Hollande.

He is also competing for conservative voters with the far-right National Front party led by Marine le Pen.

The president said while immigration could be a boon for France, it needed to be controlled more tightly through tougher qualification rules for residency.

Mr Sarkozy, whose father was a Hungarian immigrant, also said he wanted to restrict some benefit payments to immigrants who had been in the country for 10 years.
Tough new rules

He has often made controversial comments on race and immigration issues, sharply dividing opinion in France.

In 2005, just before the Paris riots, he described young delinquents in the Paris suburbs as "racaille", meaning rabble.

He has said that if re-elected, he will reduce the number of immigrants to France from 180,000 a year to 100,000 and introduce tighter controls on access to welfare benefits.

As president, Mr Sarkozy has already pushed through tough new immigration rules, including the controversial deportation of Roma gypsies.

On Tuesday, Prime Minister Francois Fillon caused dismay among Muslim and Jewish groups by suggesting the religious slaughter of animals was out of date.

The controversy started when a TV documentary said last month that all the abattoirs in Paris region only produced halal meat.

So far the election campaign seems to have made relatively little impact on voters.

The latest opinion poll published on Tuesday by CSA showed the Socialist leader Francois Hollande widening his lead over President Sarkozy for the 22 April vote.

It also suggested that the Socialist leader would win decisively by 54% to 46% in a second round of voting on 6 May.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17280647

:lol: Just imagine.....

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Embrace Diversity!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:28 am 
Offline
Hair in the soap
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:46 am
Posts: 19268
Reputation points: 18052
Old Eagle wrote:

:lol: Just imagine.....


..If socialist France was next to Central America!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Embrace Diversity!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:12 pm 
Offline
Staff Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:42 am
Posts: 4022
Location: France
Reputation points: 10157
69% of the French say that the campaign for the next election is not interesting. They reproach the canditates not to speak about the real problems: unemployment, housing crisis... They prefer to speak about something that the majority don't care, the foreigners. As usual the conservatives prefer to beat the weak.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Embrace Diversity!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:34 pm 
Offline
Varmint

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:02 pm
Posts: 3076
Location: The graveyard
Reputation points: 1878
Sorry Laplice and w all respect.....
The French should remove by force all Muslim creatures.....all of them

The ones that France gave citizenship to, France need to find ways to take it away.

Yes yes its Chiteng being extreme, but it would also solve the problem.

_________________
Iran must pereo


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Embrace Diversity!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:41 pm 
Offline
Staff Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:42 am
Posts: 4022
Location: France
Reputation points: 10157
Chiteng wrote:
Sorry Laplice and w all respect.....
The French should remove by force all Muslim creatures.....all of them

The ones that France gave citizenship to, France need to find ways to take it away.

Yes yes its Chiteng being extreme, but it would also solve the problem.

What problem would it solve?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Embrace Diversity!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:22 pm 
Offline
Sergeant

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:27 pm
Posts: 1170
Reputation points: 2952
LaPalice wrote:
69% of the French say that the campaign for the next election is not interesting. They reproach the canditates not to speak about the real problems: unemployment, housing crisis... They prefer to speak about something that the majority don't care, the foreigners. As usual the conservatives prefer to beat the weak.


You guys got a housing crisis? Interesting.

Or is it just more people interested in state-subsidized apartments, something very 1970s and IMO long proven as a serious mistake since it either concentrates poverty and everything associated at the low end while on the upper part of the spectrum the result is people who really no longer need any handouts hanging onto their subsidized apartments since something nicer costs twice that rent in the market economy. Hereabouts, that is.

So what kind of housing crisis are we talking about?

_________________
- Inhalt beweisgesichert im Auftrag der Bundesprüfstelle für abweichende Meinungen (BuPrüaM)


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Embrace Diversity!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:50 pm 
Offline
Staff Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:42 am
Posts: 4022
Location: France
Reputation points: 10157
Scharfschütze wrote:
LaPalice wrote:
69% of the French say that the campaign for the next election is not interesting. They reproach the canditates not to speak about the real problems: unemployment, housing crisis... They prefer to speak about something that the majority don't care, the foreigners. As usual the conservatives prefer to beat the weak.


You guys got a housing crisis? Interesting.

Or is it just more people interested in state-subsidized apartments, something very 1970s and IMO long proven as a serious mistake since it either concentrates poverty and everything associated at the low end while on the upper part of the spectrum the result is people who really no longer need any handouts hanging onto their subsidized apartments since something nicer costs twice that rent in the market economy. Hereabouts, that is.

So what kind of housing crisis are we talking about?

8 millions of Frenchmen are considered living in precarious conditions concerning housing (homeless, dilapidated homes, risk of losing their home…). Something around 15% of the French population. High in my opinion, and in the French's opinion, as 73% of them think that the politicians should speak more about the housing crisis.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Embrace Diversity!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:32 pm 
Offline
Sergeant

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:27 pm
Posts: 1170
Reputation points: 2952
LaPalice wrote:
8 millions of Frenchmen are considered living in precarious conditions concerning housing (homeless, dilapidated homes, risk of losing their home…). Something around 15% of the French population. High in my opinion, and in the French's opinion, as 73% of them think that the politicians should speak more about the housing crisis.


Its not the French govs job to fix housing specifically. IMO the problem would be people not being able to afford proper housing at market prices, France would be better off boosting its economy, increasing incomes and what counts for an affordable rent. Trusting the gov to administrate away a "housing crisis" will not work and cost a lot of money instead.

Wouldn´t a platform like this be on Hollande´s agenda? Sounds like something his campaign team should pick up on. Vibe in German media btw is that Sarkozy´s poll numbers will pick up eventually, in time for the 2nd round of voting.

_________________
- Inhalt beweisgesichert im Auftrag der Bundesprüfstelle für abweichende Meinungen (BuPrüaM)


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Embrace Diversity!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:44 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 27883
Reputation points: 20000
Lescaux, France, 30,000 BC, a gathering of Neanderthal:

Ughyo: There aren't enough ******* caves around here.

Ulah: Amen, brudder. I have to live with my hag mother-in-law and there is bear crap all over the place.

Ughyo: We should get some of those bastard 1% Modern Men to make us caves.........

_________________
I haven't figured out how to the block thingy works but if anyone alters my posts I will become really, really angry and throw monkey poop out of my cage.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Embrace Diversity!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:21 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am
Posts: 11604
Reputation points: 17050
Scharfschütze wrote:
Its not the French govs job to fix housing specifically.


If it's anything like housing in the UK, any housing crisis would have been caused directly by the French government in the first place...

Though as La France is in the eurozone I guess some ECB blame might be apportioned, also. Who knows. I am not familiar with the intricacies.

_________________
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jwilkerson and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group