It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Session's out
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:03 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 13228
Quote:
Jeff Sessions resigns as attorney general, at Trump's 'request'
Jeff Sessions, once one of President Trump’s most loyal and trusted advisers before infuriating Trump over his recusal from the Russia investigation, has resigned as attorney general at the request of the president.
(Continued)
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jeff-s ... ey-general

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Session's out
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:24 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
abradley wrote:
Quote:
Jeff Sessions resigns as attorney general, at Trump's 'request'
Jeff Sessions, once one of President Trump’s most loyal and trusted advisers before infuriating Trump over his recusal from the Russia investigation, has resigned as attorney general at the request of the president.
(Continued)
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jeff-s ... ey-general

Indeed, this was mentioned in the Trump, Trump Trump thread.

Actually I don't like those mega threads, I like more to the point threads. Just like this. Thanks Andy. ;)

nero wrote:
Breaking news indeed.

Does this mean the end of the Mueller investigation? :shock:

Just when Mueller is about to get his hands on the Trump tax returns. :roll:

But hold you horses, let's wait and see how this will open up and what will follow.

But always a pleasure to speculate. Especially vaginas with the god given speculum. :mrgreen:

Quoting myself.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:35 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Nero:
Quote:
I like more to the point threads.

:roll:

'and I will never pass up the opportunity to post anti-Trump things even if it has nothing to do with the point of that thread'

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:42 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
chijohnaok wrote:
Nero:
Quote:
I like more to the point threads.

:roll:

'and I will never pass up the opportunity to post anti-Trump things even if it has nothing to do with the point of that thread'

Hey man. I think that you agree that everything about Trump and his admin does necessarily need to go to one mega thread.

It is much better to have one thread for one issue. Though one huge thread for Trump is also necessary.

Here I am for Andy.

And this is pretty interesting indeed.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:45 pm 
Sergeant Major

Trump gets into trouble for doing things BEFORE he does them. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:48 pm 
Sergeant Major

Dems: "You better not fire Mueller!"

Trump: "It's a witch hunt"

18 months later

:lol: He is completely trolling them and they cant seem to help themselves. The are like children.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:24 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16211
Remind me again what that whole "Mueller thing" was about? . . . OH! THAT'S right! "Russia Collusion!"

Ah right, well then, on with the show!

This one is good too! More signs of Russia Collusion I think!

At this rate, Putin is gonna have his Trump Puppet declaring a shooting war against Russia within a couple years! :P

Top attack for the Russia collusion win mode . . .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:57 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:

18 months later

:lol: He is completely trolling them and they cant seem to help themselves. The are like children.

I predict that in the waning days of Trump’s (2nd) term, Mueller will finally issue his report.
The Executive Summary of that will boil down to 2 words:
“Never mind”.

;)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:57 am 
Sergeant Major

Adam Schiff-for-brains was on NPR yesterday calling on Congress to take action to "protect Mueller". I will at least give Schiff credit for knowing that a modification of the current law would be required to make the Mueller investigation "immortal". What everyone seems to forget is the current law was a reaction to the unacountability of the "Special Prosecutor Law" that covered the Whitewater Investigation. The Special Prosecutor was an invention of the Congress after Watergate because the Congress was frustrated at Executive Branch powers to thwart the Congress. The Congress and Clinton's AG, Janet El-Reno, recognized that the powers of the Special Prosecutor were TOO great after Whitewater and an adjustment was made. Now, the Dems again want an unaccountable permanent 4th branch of government to hound the duly elected President in perpetuity even though the idiotic original justification for the Mueller probe, the Russia "collusion" thing, has been revealed to be vaporous bull shit.

The history: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_prosecutor

The DOJ code for firing the Special Counsel:

Quote:
Firing the special counsel
The current special counsel regulations specify that:[6]

The Special Counsel may be disciplined or removed from office only by the personal action of the Attorney General. The Attorney General may remove a Special Counsel for misconduct, dereliction of duty, incapacity, conflict of interest, or for other good cause, including violation of Departmental policies. The Attorney General shall inform the Special Counsel in writing of the specific reason for their removal.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:06 am 
Sergeant Major

Already before the election, Mueller signaled things were winding down. Trump is not going to fire Mueller when the thing is winding down in his favor. What Schiff really wants is to make referrals to Mueller to EXPAND the investigation when he takes over committee chairmanship in January 2019. It's all about career advancement for Schiff and trying to damage Trump for 2020.

Profile E-mail