New China virus: Number of cases jumps as infection spreads to Beijing

The rules: No spamming, no making a nuisance of yourself.

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

jwilkerson
Sergeant Major

Re: New China virus: Number of cases jumps as infection spreads to Beijing

#1881 Post by jwilkerson » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:29 pm

Hey ripper, why do people have to take the azithromycin if they are taking the plaquenil ??
Ugum Bugum Uber Alles - Iddi Ut Amine Dada !!

EUBanana
Sergeant Major

#1882 Post by EUBanana » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:32 am

Mac wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:46 pm
My daughter just texted me saying she thinks her mum and stepsister have conronavirus. They both have fevers and coughs and her mum has lost her voice while her stepsister has been throwning up.
Hope not, Mac... :(
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti

EUBanana
Sergeant Major

#1883 Post by EUBanana » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:32 am

“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti

nero
Sergeant Major

#1884 Post by nero » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:05 am

EUBanana wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:32 am
One for Nero...

https://9gag.com/gag/am5ZXg6/and-this-i ... -just-fine
This is about right.

But then,

;)
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: Marching home to <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY">Erica</a>

#1885 Post by Anthropoid » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:37 am

Thank you EUB. I had been wondering for ages what the hell one calls that particular art form: Polandball, aka "Countryball"

I missed my update on the "daily rate of increase" post before bedtime last night . . .
25-Mar-20..............................Increase %...................Running Average (5 days)
Confirmed Cases:......472,790..........16.03%........................9.27%
Recovered Cases:......114,911...........7.15%........................5.66%
Mortality:................21,313...........14.51%......................13.39%

No flattening of curve in sight . . . I hope everyone has accepted this is not going to be over soon. Better to err on the side of caution.

nero
Sergeant Major

#1886 Post by nero » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:18 am

Starting from tomorrow I am officially a prisoner, locked in the Uusimaa province. The Finnish army is mobilized to guard the borders that no one can come, or go out.

I am cool with that, I am pretty certain that I would even notice it. Not going anywhere anytime soon, decided for me by our government.

I have tasked to cook food for an old timer living in the house, father of my ex-darling. Topi was delighted to hear about this food service. Today I will serve traditional pea soup (wulfir knows).

Eating is the principal way to support life, and cooking comes pretty close to that. :mrgreen:
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

nero
Sergeant Major

#1887 Post by nero » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:28 am

I have admit that appreciate Toni Fauci a lot.

Everything he says makes sense.

Fauci for President.

LaPalice
Staff Sergeant

#1888 Post by LaPalice » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:51 am

Good luck to you and your family, Mac. Take care.

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: Marching home to <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY">Erica</a>

#1889 Post by Anthropoid » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:25 am

Apparently a lot of people need to be reminded of the realities of Earth post 1971 -ish . . .

Fiat money
Fiat money is a currency without intrinsic value that has been established as money, often by government regulation. Fiat money does not have use value, and has value only because a government maintains its value, or because parties engaging in exchange agree on its value.[1] It was introduced as an alternative to commodity money and representative money. Commodity money is created from a good, often a precious metal such as gold or silver, which has uses other than as a medium of exchange (such a good is called a commodity). Representative money is similar to fiat money, but it represents a claim on a commodity (which can be redeemed to a greater or lesser extent).[2][3][note 1]

Government issued banknotes began to be used in 11th century China. Since then, they have been used by various countries, usually concurrently with commodity currencies. Fiat money started to dominate in the 20th century. Since the decoupling of the US dollar from gold by Richard Nixon in 1971, a system of national fiat currencies has been used globally.

Fiat money has been defined variously as:

Any money declared by a government to be legal tender.[4]
State-issued money which is neither convertible by law to any other thing, nor fixed in value in terms of any objective standard.[5]
Intrinsically valueless money used as money because of government decree.[2]
An intrinsically useless object that serves as a medium of exchange[6] (also known as fiduciary money.)[7]
The term fiat derives from the Latin fiat ("let it be done")[8] used in the sense of an order, decree[2] or resolution.[9]
Speaking about a national economy: the purpose of money is to make transactions of goods and services more efficient PERIOD. Money is not NECESSARY for transactions; there are other systems for that (theft, barter, balanced reciprocity, and then of course, weirdo ritualized systems like potlatch . . .). Money is not something that is inherently "good" to accumulate; it is only good to accumulate to the extent that (a) a future prospect of need can be reliably forecasted; (b) the future projected value of the money being accumulated can meet that need. In the absence of sound bases to make these sorts of predictions, then DEBT (effectively negative money) may in fact be more lucrative if it allows the assemblage of more goods/services than non-debt, and thus the growth of national economic dynamics at a faster or more sustainable rate than without the debt.

Obviously, a "Recession" precipitated by a collapsing financial sector(s) would not be a consequence free environment for the progressives among us any more than for any other flavor of big-brained overly opinionated two-leg walkin' ape people . . .

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#1890 Post by chijohnaok » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:27 am

Johns Hopkins Coronavirus map 2020-03-26.jpg
Johns Hopkins Coronavirus map 2020-03-26.jpg (339.48 KiB) Viewed 10 times
Total US confirmed cases today 69,167 vs 55,238, yesterday an increase of 25%
Total US deaths today 1,046 vs 802 yesterday, an increase of 30%.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links