maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: What R the chinks up to?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:46 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18312
jack t ripper wrote:
Would the Chicoms ruin the economic and cultural gem of Hong Kong in order to preserve control over 1.4 billion Chinamen and a $14 Trillion economy?

Why yes...yes they would. They would suffer almost universal moral outrage and greatly harm trade ties and long term development plans but consider the alternative. What would happen if they allowed a couple of thousand college students and freedom advocates to tell the Communist Party to fuck off?

Exactly. This could be the straw the breaks the Commies back. Lots of ways we could surreptitiously lean over and cryptically lean a bit of weight on that straw! ;)

Or we could do it Emperor Anthropoid way: Cut your fucking bullshit or die in thermonuclear fire! :lol:

Jeebus that watermark . . . horrific . . .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:02 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Anthropoid wrote:
jwilkerson wrote:

That's simple ... NO ... the hong kongians are on their own ... better pick up their spears !

My gut is to disagree wholeheartedly. We tell them: You've got 48 hours to stand down and restore Hong Kong to the legal status specified by the treat(ies) or we nuke you into the fucking Stone Ages.

See who blinks first.

I'm fucking sick of a planet on which scum bag police states are allowed to operate with impunity. Time to wield American hyperpower with finality. We either move forward toward a free human planet or we go down in a ball of fire! :P

I disagree with you.
Not because I don't sympathize with the situation of those in Hong Kong, but because I value the condition of myself, my family/loved ones more.

There always have been, and always will be at least one or two scum bag police states.
I don't think that humanity is anywhere close to a Star Trek-like Earth where money is no longer used, farts don't smell, and everyone works for the good of the collective.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:04 am 
Sergeant Major

chijohnaok wrote:

That's simple ... NO ... the hong kongians are on their own ... better pick up their spears !

My gut is to disagree wholeheartedly. We tell them: You've got 48 hours to stand down and restore Hong Kong to the legal status specified by the treat(ies) or we nuke you into the fucking Stone Ages.

See who blinks first.

I'm fucking sick of a planet on which scum bag police states are allowed to operate with impunity. Time to wield American hyperpower with finality. We either move forward toward a free human planet or we go down in a ball of fire! :P

I disagree with you.
Not because I don't sympathize with the situation of those in Hong Kong, but because I value the condition of myself, my family/loved ones more.

There always have been, and always will be at least one or two scum bag police states.
I don't think that humanity is anywhere close to a Star Trek-like Earth where money is no longer used, farts don't smell, and everyone works for the good of the collective.

A couple small scum bag police states is one thing . . . a couple ENORMOUS "2nd largest economy . . . blah, blah" is another.

We got lazy and apathetic post 1991 and it shows.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:33 am 
Sergeant Major

China is mistreating people who are nominally under its jurisdiction.

Threatening a thermonuclear conflagration that could lead to the end of humanity is NOT the solution.

There are better ways to deal with that.
Actually, any way other than threatening thermonuclear conflagration would be better.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:43 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16552
Arguably the ooosonians created the current chink problem by teaching them how to make high tech crap ... and then buying said produced high tech crap from the chinks ... but gratitude only gets you so far :D

after all ... the chinks are big time chest thumpers ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:58 am 
Sergeant Major

chijohnaok wrote:

Threatening a thermonuclear conflagration that could lead to the end of humanity is NOT the solution.

Actually, any way other than threatening thermonuclear conflagration would be better.

The point really is: they are not even AFRAID of us. They should be. Every nation which mistreats its citizens SHOULD BE afraid of the U.S. Our doomsday capacity is merely the extreme end of our power, and as you point out: there are many, probably infinite points along the continuum from that extreme pole to the point were the Midol Doctrine lies.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:03 am 
Sergeant Major

the Chicoms accuse the US of stirring things up

In this case it is entirely plausible.

Imagine if some high stature US political figure went to the Hong Kong airport and stood with the protesters.

Somebody with not a lot of life expectancy left and who is always trying to make up for being shitty President. Imagine if Jimmy Carter went. Hory crap! Can you imagine the Chicom riot police clubbing a former US President?

Hell, we could send Bill. He could atone for all the Lolita Express flights :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:19 am 
Sergeant Major

Hell, what if you sent Trump? 2 feet taller than all the Chinamen and with orange hair. They would swarm around him and protect him. Of course, the Chicoms would never let him in but if you had an XXL wetsuit and a really big dive helmet maybe the Seals could get him in from a Seawolf class sub?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:20 am 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:

The point really is: they are not even AFRAID of us. They should be. Every nation which mistreats its citizens SHOULD BE afraid of the U.S. Our doomsday capacity is merely the extreme end of our power, and as you point out: there are many, probably infinite points along the continuum from that extreme pole to the point were the Midol Doctrine lies.

Wielding force to remedy the mistreatment of others is not a sure thing.
How well did poking our noses into the whole Arab Spring thing turn out?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:51 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16552
Well like I said, we already "poked our noses in" by setting up high tech factories for them and teaching them how to run them ... and then buying the output !!! What more could a self-disrespecting chinamon ask for !!??
:D

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next