maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1482 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Obama DOJ & FBI Conspiracy
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:25 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 3518
jack t ripper wrote:
According to Trey Gowdy there is an email chain between James "Big Bird" Comey and Brennan with Brennan pushing Comey to include the Pee Dossier in the FISA warrant application. :shock:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/disput ... uct-begins

If anything is going to bring these guys down, this is it. Put pressure on one of them. Threaten them with perjury charges and they will turn on each other like the rats they are.

That's why I thought Comey would be the first target. Clearly a level 10 pussy who would fold like a tent at the though of Federal prison. Clapper and Brennan strike me as a little tougher.

Makes you feel safe, doesn't it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:33 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 937
AngryOldMan wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:
According to Trey Gowdy there is an email chain between James "Big Bird" Comey and Brennan with Brennan pushing Comey to include the Pee Dossier in the FISA warrant application. :shock:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/disput ... uct-begins

If anything is going to bring these guys down, this is it. Put pressure on one of them. Threaten them with perjury charges and they will turn on each other like the rats they are.

That's why I thought Comey would be the first target. Clearly a level 10 pussy who would fold like a tent at the though of Federal prison. Clapper and Brennan strike me as a little tougher.

Since when has Lèse-majesté been a crime in the US? :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:22 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 19177
AngryOldMan wrote:
Another thing about this whole mess is it really shines a light on what kind of government we were getting under Obama.

We had the head of the FBI, the head of the CIA and the Director of National Intelligence doing a 2 1/2 year MSM tour bashing the POTUS and calling him a traitor.

Add in the former head of the IRS basically weaponizing audits against conservative only PACs in order to limit Romney's funding.

In other words, we had hyper partisan zealots in charge of some of the most powerful branches of government that are not supposed to be partisan.

And don't even get me started on the two most corrupt, agenda driven AGs we've seen at least since Janet Reno.

National security is NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE A POLITICAL PARTY. I have NEVER seen former heads of such important government organizations display such blatant partisanship before.

It's disgusting. They are disgusting. The Obama administration was disgusting.

Absolutely.

What's just as disgusting? 9-11 was used as an excuse to create the secret courts, and who knows what else, which have already been abused by those in gov't as demonstrated here.

People warned about the likely future abuse, but the swamp did it anyway, with little resistance. Republicans, Dems, the alphabet soup. I think we're still only seeing the first part of that slipper slope. Not only has the current presidency exposed the partisan Dem criminals, but also the "Neo-Con" hacks who aren't any different regarding the expansion of gov't power at the expensive of individual liberties. I hope the McCains and Flakes continue to be removed from office and replaced by more Libertarian leaning reps.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:31 pm 
Staff Sergeant

NefariousKoel wrote:

Absolutely.

What's just as disgusting? 9-11 was used as an excuse to create the secret courts, and who knows what else, which have already been abused by those in gov't as demonstrated here.

People warned about the likely future abuse, but the swamp did it anyway, with little resistance. Republicans, Dems, the alphabet soup. I think we're still only seeing the first part of that slipper slope. Not only has the current presidency exposed the partisan Dem criminals, but also the "Neo-Con" hacks who aren't any different regarding the expansion of gov't power at the expensive of individual liberties. I hope the McCains and Flakes continue to be removed from office and replaced by more Libertarian leaning reps.

Yeah when you combine the two: massive expansion of surveillance and hyper partisan law enforcement and intelligence services....

All I can say is careful what you post!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:41 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 937
AngryOldMan wrote:
NefariousKoel wrote:

Absolutely.

Yeah when you combine the two:

I am certain that you will have more of it. Massive expansion of surveillance and hyper partisan law enforcement and intelligence services.... :shock:

8 20

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:10 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17805
AngryOldMan wrote:
NefariousKoel wrote:

Absolutely.

Yeah when you combine the two: massive expansion of surveillance and hyper partisan law enforcement and intelligence services....

I agree with you guys; but I say 'fuck 'em' when it comes to self-censoring. If it is not objectively an incitement to crime or a commission of a longstanding crime ("hate" is NOT a crime; if it is, then "stupidity" needs to be one as well) then we MUST be free to say it. Freedom of Speech is absolutely non-negotiable and when they actually begin to come for us for what we say the way it has been going in the U.K. we know it is time to go underground and begin the arms build up and preparation for the inevitable Civil War.

If I suddenly go silent, you'll know it is time :D !

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Maxipad Waters and Elijah "No Speech Therapy" Cummings have a secret written memorandum of understanding on how to attack Trump over financial matters (probably dividing up subject matter and subpoenas). This is not oversight.....this is obviously a calculated political attack

Quote:
Jim Jordan Urges Democrats to Release Coordination Agreement to Attack Trump

SEAN MORAN15 May 2019764
2:36
House Oversight and Reform ranking member Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) sent a letter to chairman Elijah Cummings (D-MD) on Wednesday requesting he release the non-public memo he and Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) wrote regarding their efforts to attack President Donald Trump’s administration.
Jordan urged Cummings to release the secret Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Financial Services chairwoman Waters as part of what Jordan contended amounts to a coordinated campaign to use congressional oversight to attack the president for political gain.

Jordan wrote in his letter to Cummings:
You have sought to avoid public scrutiny of your quest to obtain the President’s financial information. First, you wrote to Mazars in secret to request the President’s financial information; second, you executed a nonpublic MOU to coordinate with Chairwoman Waters; and finally, you broke your promise to hold a public business meeting to debate a subpoena to Mazars. Your nonpublic MOU has now become a matter of significant public interest due to your unprecedented actions. In the interest of promoting the utmost transparency about the Committee’s business, I encourage you to release publicly your MOU with Chairwoman Waters and any other signed or unsigned MOUs that you have entered into so that the American people can understand the extent to which you and other Democrat chairpersons are engaged in an orchestrated effort to attack the President for political gain.
Rep. Jordan revealed that Cummings did not respond to his letter in April, nor did he consult with Republican members of the committee regarding the terms of the secret MOU. Further, the Ohio conservative emphasized that Cummings did not even disclose the existence of the MOU until Jordan raised the issue to the Maryland Democrat, and Cummings has not released the MOU to the public.

Jordan also noted that the MOU “underscores the investigative and policing focus, highlighting the ‘overlapping jurisdictional interest in certain individuals and entities’ and ‘the value of approaching certain individuals jointly.’”

The Ohio congressman noted that Waters and Cummings have coordinated in a way to aid each other’s investigation; Waters issued a subpoena to Capitol One, while Cummings issued a subpoena to Mazars USA LLP (Mazars) for “eight years of sensitive, personal information about President Trump.”

Read Jordan’s full letter to Cummings here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:31 pm 
Staff Sergeant

jack t ripper wrote:
Maxipad Waters and Elijah "No Speech Therapy" Cummings have a secret written memorandum of understanding on how to attack Trump over financial matters (probably dividing up subject matter and subpoenas). This is not oversight.....this is obviously a calculated political attack

This would certainly support Trump's claim that Congress's motives are not about finding the truth but simply harassment.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:36 pm 
Sergeant Major

It's fair to say the word "oversight" has been focus group tested because EVERY Lefty talking head and Congressional Democrat utters it about 2 seconds after they open their pie hole.

Jerry Nadler: "I'll have the all you can eat OVERSIGHT lunch with two slices of pecan OVERSIGHT please."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:47 pm 
Sergeant Major

Anyone remember the"19 Federal Agencies agreeing that the Russians tried to throw the election"?

Well, it seems they now can't agree who pushed to have the Pee Dossier included in the FISA warrant applications :lol: True to form Hero of the Motherland Jimmy Big Bird Comey apparently sent CYA memos to FBI staff

Quote:
Disgraced ex-FBI Director James Comey, former CIA Director turned anti-Trump activist John Brennan and former Director of National Intelligence and Trump critic James Clapper are the subjects of a dispute over which top Obama administration officials advocated for the infamous Steele dossier to be utilized as evidence in the Russia collusion investigation.
The argument erupted into the open with a Brennan surrogate being quoted in the news media opposing Comey not long after Attorney General William Barr appointed a U.S. attorney to investigate the origins of the Russia collusion claims.

The fiasco was kicked into high gear after Fox News cited “sources familiar with the records” pointing to an email chain from late-2016 showing Comey allegedly telling FBI employees that it was Brennan who insisted that the anti-Trump dossier be included in a January 6, 2017 U.S. Intelligence Community report, known as the ICA, assessing Russian interference efforts.

A former CIA official, clearly defending Brennan, shot back at the assertion, instead claiming that it was Brennan and Clapper who opposed a purported push by Comey to include the dossier charges in the ICA.

The dossier was also cited as evidence in three successful FISA applications signed by Comey to obtain warrants to spy on Trump campaign adviser Carter Page. The first was signed in October 2016; the second and third were renewal applications since a FISA warrant must be renewed every 90 days.

The dossier, authored by former British spy Christopher Steele, was produced by the controversial Fusion GPS firm. Fusion was paid for the dossier work by Trump’s main political opponents, namely Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign and the Democratic National Committee (DNC) via the Perkins Coie law firm.

“Former Director Brennan, along with former [Director of National Intelligence] James Clapper, are the ones who opposed James Comey’s recommendation that the Steele Dossier be included in the intelligence report,” the official told Fox News.

“They opposed this because the dossier was in no way used to develop the ICA,” the official added. “The intelligence analysts didn’t include it when they were doing their work because it wasn’t corroborated intelligence, therefore it wasn’t used and it wasn’t included. Brennan and Clapper prevented it from being added into the official assessment. James Comey then decided on his own to brief Trump about the document.”

The official was addressing the reported email from Comey fingering Brennan as insisting that the dossier be utilized in the ICA report on Russian interference.

Discussing the issue during a segment on Fox News, former GOP Rep. Trey Gowdy said on “The Story with Martha MacCallum” that “Comey has a better argument than Brennan, based on what I’ve seen.”

One day earlier, Gowdey stated on Fox News, “Whoever is looking into this, tell them to look into emails” from December 2016 concerning both Brennan and Comey.

Gowdy told Fox News, where he is now a contributor, that his comments on the matter were based on sensitive documents that he reviewed while he served as chairman of the Republican-led House Oversight Committee.

Contrary to the ex-CIA official’s assertion that the dossier was not included in the intel community’s ICA Russia report, there have been testimony and media statements involving key players saying that it was part of the overall assessment.

Ads by Revcontent
The Most Talented Rock Bands in History
Postfun
He Weighs Over 600 Pounds Now, Try Not To Gasp When You See
Reportily
Safe Found During a Renovation Leads to Massive Discovery
Upbeat News
Last December, Comey outright contradicted Brennan’s own testimony that the anti-Trump dossier was, as Brennan put it, “not in any way used as the basis for the intelligence community’s assessment” that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election.

In testimony before the House Judiciary and Oversight and Government Reform committees, Comey stated that material from the Steele dossier was indeed utilized in the IC report. Internally, the FBI referred to the dossier as “crown material.”

“So do you recall whether any quote, crown material or dossier material was included in the IC assessment?” Gowdy asked Comey at the time.

“Yes,” Comey replied. “I’m going to be careful here because I’m talking about a document that’s still classified. The unclassified thing we talked about earlier today, the first paragraph you can see of exhibit A, is reflective of the fact that at least some of the material that Steele had collected was in the big thing called the intelligence community assessment in an annex called annex A.”

Annex A in the report was titled, “Russia—Kremlin’s TV Seeks To Influence Politics, Fuel Discontent in US.”

The annex, like the rest of the report, contains the following disclaimer:

This report is a declassified version of a highly classified assessment; its conclusions are identical to those in the highly classified assessment but this version does not include the full supporting information on key elements of the influence campaign.

Comey went on to describe a conversation that he said he had with Brennan about how to include the dossier material in the IC assessment:

Gowdy: Do you recall the specific conversation or back and forth with then-Director Brennan on whether or not the material should be included in the IC assessment?

Comey. Yes. I remember conversation — let me think about it for a second. I remember there was conversation about what form its presentation should take in the overarching document; that is, should it be in an annex; should it be in the body; that the intelligence community broadly found its source credible and that it was corroborative of the central thesis of the intelligence community assessment, and the discussion was should we put it in the body or put it in an attachment.

I’m hesitating because I don’t remember whether I had that conversation — I had that conversation with John Brennan, but I remember that there was conversation about how it should be treated.

Comey’s descriptions are at direct odds with a statement Brennan made during May 2017 testimony before the House Intelligence Committee in which Brennan claimed the dossier was “not in any way used as the basis for the intelligence community’s assessment” on alleged Russian interference. Brennan repeated that claim during numerous news media interviews.

Comey is not the only former top official involved in the IC report to say that the dossier played a role in the report’s conclusions.

As RealClearPolitics.com documents, former NSA Director Rogers wrote in a classified letter that the dossier played a role in the IC’s assessment and a dossier summary was included in an initial draft appendix:

In a March 5, 2018, letter to House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, Adm. Rogers informed the committee that a two-page summary of the dossier — described as “the Christopher Steele information” — was “added” as an “appendix to the ICA draft,” and that consideration of that appendix was “part of the overall ICA review/approval process.”

Meanwhile Clapper, who served as director of National Intelligence under the Obama administration, conceded during a previous CNN interview that the IC assessment was able to corroborate “some of the substantive content of the dossier,” implying that the dossier itself was a factor.

“I think with respect to the dossier itself, the key thing is it doesn’t matter who paid for it,” Clapper said. “It’s what the dossier said and the extent to which it was — it’s corroborated or not. We had some concerns about it from the standpoint of its sourcing which we couldn’t corroborate.”

“But at the same time, some of the substantive content, not all of it, but some of the substantive content of the dossier, we were able to corroborate in our Intelligence Community assessment which from other sources in which we had very high confidence to it,” he added.

It was Clapper’s agency that released the Intelligence Community report.

The purported inclusion of the dossier may help to explain why Rogers’ NSA assessed the conclusion that Russian President Vladimir Putin favored Trump and worked to get him elected only with a classification of “moderate confidence,” while the FBI and CIA gave it a “high confidence” rating.

The dispute comes as U.S. Attorney John Durham has been charged by Barr with conducting a probe of the origins of the Russia investigation. In addition to ICA report tactics, Durham’s probe is likely to also focus on the use of the dossier in obtaining a FISA warrant to spy on Page.

John Brennan Fueled the Trump-Russia Conspiracy Theory

Regardless of his role in the ICA assessment and the dossier, Brennan was still a central player in fueling the anti-Trump dossier that spread unsubstantiated, conspiratorial claims of collusion with Russia.

Joshua Klein contributed research to this article.

2020 ElectionIsrael / Middle EastPoliticsBarack Obamachristopher steeleCIACNNCongressDonald TrumpFBIFox NewsJames ClapperJames ComeyJohn BrennanNSARussiaSenateSteele dossierWhite House

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1482 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149  Next