maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 64  Next
 Post subject: Re: Floride School Shooting at least 15 dead
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:14 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 17677
mdiehl wrote:
The CDC is a research and policy-recommendation agency, not a regulatory nor law-enforcement agency.

It is no longer allowed to research firearms crimes because, (1) that function would be the same as the Department of Justice, Bureau of Criminal Statistics, and, 2) the last time the CDC conducted "research" on firearms cromes the researchers were all selected in advance for their highly visible record of politically advocating universal firearms confiscation regardless of the 2nd Amendement; the CDC's "research" used methods that were subsequently reviewed (in some rather high-profile journals) to be flawed, and to have selectively included data with such bias as to meet the standard of criminal fraud.

See, for example:

https://www.politico.com/agenda/story/2015/12/why-we-cant-trust-the-cdc-with-gun-research-000340

How did the CDC get into that in the first place?

The Democrats trying to regulate firearm ownership as a national lead infection issue?! Sounds like some shadowy liberty-fucking bullshit the Obama DOJ would've tried pulling.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:55 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13856
Joe wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:

Assuming my claim that most firearms used in crimes were illegally procured

This is page 46 of the thread! Why doesn't Doggie just take posts from other massacre threads and "copy and paste"!

A crime is holding up a liquor store. This thread is about a massacre.

I say that weapons used in massacres are purchased legally:
This massacre
Sandy Hook
Las Vegas
The gay disco

"Massacres" as you call them, what some criminologists call "spree killing" or "mass killing" are crimes. They comprise approximately ~1% of all homicides globally and in the U.S.

Contrast: 1.675 "massacres" per annum with median ~14.5 killed, and 18 wounded (those numbers could be completely out of whack, but I pulled them out of my hat). Versus ~11,000 homicides per annum with ~8500 of those being committed with firearms . . . roughly 85% of which are semi-automatic pistols, i.e., the "safest" and "least military" variety of firearm.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:07 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 4894
That crow is going to taste like my gladius after it happens...I'll be sure to remind you "paranoid patriots" ...... It's merely a matter of when .... tick tick tick.....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:39 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14177
NefariousKoel wrote:
How did the CDC get into that in the first place?

The Democrats trying to regulate firearm ownership as a national lead infection issue?! Sounds like some shadowy liberty-fucking bullshit the Obama DOJ would've tried pulling.

I should have clarified one thing. The CDC has not actually been BANNED from doing research, it has been banned from using Federal funds for gun control advocacy. Basically that 2-3 million dollar propaganda campaign started in the mid 1990s under Bill Clinton's presidency as a way to attack firearms rights without having the memorandum originate from the Desk of the President.

Here for example is a 2015 report to the State of Delaware analyzing Delaware's problem of increasing firearms crime during an interval in which most other states have had decreasing firearms crime (despite increases in firearms ownership in most states).

http://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dms/files/cdcgunviolencereport10315.pdf

That is an interesting study because gun grabbers, cryptofascists, and wielders of glaadius everywhere reacted negatively to the finding that urban poverty was the strongest cofactor for risk of violence rather than firearms ownership per se. IIRC some hag from Vice basically reacted to the report by stating there was no point in doing the research if the finding wasn't going to implicate firearms ownership as the strongest cofactor. In short, the radicals still demanding more research really only want the research to produce a pre-determined finding.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

Last edited by mdiehl on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:41 am 
Sergeant Major

Gump wrote:
That crow is going to taste like my gladius after it happens...I'll be sure to remind you "paranoid patriots" ...... It's merely a matter of when .... tick tick tick.....

Meh. It's been tried before. Didn't work so well in Lexington and Concord. :mrgreen:

Ben Franklin and John Hancock were "gun owning lunatics" and "crazies obsessed with personal rights acting against the common good" according to all the best members of the House of Lords.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:48 am 
Staff Sergeant

That was obviously a specific reference to the implications of hysteria regarding the prediction of upcoming mass shootings in which hundreds will die due to the efficacy of an AR-15... not a constitutional debate.... which really is a childishly moot point by comparison... myopic paranoid nuts do have their limitations....

But then again, they also dream of the ability to vaporize thousands of people who might disagree with them.... can't really blame them for thinking hundreds is just hysteria....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:03 pm 
Sergeant Major

Who wants to vaporize thousands? I must have missed that part.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:09 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Who do you imagine you'd be killing with those nukes ? Traitors... bad Americans.... :roll:

The usual wasted breath on a nut.... but I imagine others might understand...

Last edited by Gump on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

Which nukes? The ones with the 100kg yield?

Do they exist? I recall stating that they might one day exist. The idea is from Heinlein. He had posited the existence of nukes with yields in "microtons." Basically, that is a nuke with the blast yield equivalent of TWO POUNDS of TNT. A 100 kg nuke would presumably have a blast equivalent yield of 100 kilograms, or 220 US pounds, of TNT.

That capability already exists in civilian hands and can be achieved many ways CHEMICALLY. A 100 kg yield nuke would not put anything on the street that is not essentially there already in re capability. It's not going to vaporize thousands. It might vaporize the crew of a tank if it went off underneath the tank. If the warhead is small and can be attached to a penetrator, or if it's somehow a kind of shaped-blast nuke, it might not have to be underneath the tank. Were such a thing to exist.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:31 pm 
Sergeant Major

Who do you imagine yourself killing with your glaadius? Traitors? Gun owners? Members of an opposition political party? Anyone who chooses NOT to agree with everything you demand?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 64  Next