maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sargon/This Week in Stupid/Thinkery video thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:43 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16050
chijohnaok wrote:
a British man gets jail time for internet trolling.

Nobody even asserts we have freedom of speech any more. Kinda scary how things have changed. And with a certain sort of nutter freedom of speech is entirely synonymous with 'hate crime' now, like it's literally the same thing in their brainwashed minds.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:47 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
EUBanana wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:

Nobody even asserts we have freedom of speech any more. Kinda scary how things have changed. And with a certain sort of nutter freedom of speech is entirely synonymous with 'hate crime' now, like it's literally the same thing in their brainwashed minds.

It's unthinkable to me.

That guy got 15 weeks (!) of jail time .. for internet trolling!

And nobody has even been told what was said!

You guys are fucked. The leftist intelligentsia has taken control, and has begun enforcing their unfettered Right Think with the law. :?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:54 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15052
It's almost as though the Nazis or Communists conquered Europe after all.

EUB, there is still time to immigrate. You'd love Boston. All that colonial fractiousness is forgiven. Indeed if someone were to burn DC these days, there'd be alot of support. ;)

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15595
NefariousKoel wrote:
EUBanana wrote:

It's unthinkable to me.

That guy got 15 weeks (!) of jail time .. for internet trolling!

And nobody has even been told what was said!

You guys are fucked. The leftist intelligentsia has taken control, and has begun enforcing their unfettered Right Think with the law. :?

Indeed. If I found myself living in the U.K., I would in all honesty consider only two possible courses of action:
1. Escape while I can.
2. Begin the careful, cryptic and long-term plan to design, and drive a revolution.

Negotiation is, it seems, not an option as anything you say can and will be used to imprison you. How can one possible regard "discussion" or rational discourse as a viable means of pursuing change in that environment?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:16 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 18898
EUBanana wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:

I came across this the other day. A guy got arrested, taken to court and found guilty of a hate crime after saying "alright geezer" to a tranny. Managed to get the conviction quashed on appeal.

Starts at 2.18...

Story here - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rimes.html

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:15 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 12978
Quote:

Robert Holt
Published on Aug 4, 2013
This video represents Revolutionary War music played by a recreated military officer's band, Colonel Webb's Band of Musick. This tune, "The World Turned Upside Down", was played by the British band serving under General Cornwallis after their defeat by the Americans and French at the Battle of Yorktown, which essentially ended the Revolutionary War. Reportedly, the British band played this tune as the defeated British army stacked their arms in the battlefield and became prisoners of war. This rendition of "The World Turned Upside Down" is played by Colonel Webb's Band of Musick using recreated 18th Century instruments under the direction of Music Master Lois Jones. A Revolutionary War band of musick includes two oboes, two clarinets, two natural horns that have no valves, and two bass instruments represented in this band by a bassoon and a serpent.

As an addon here are two links to audio youtubes of:
Quote:
The Strange Death Of Europe - Douglas Murray (1 of 2) Audiobook
kyong kober
Published on Oct 31, 2017
We hear of times past, where our ancestors were faced with tribulation and had to overcome it. They had an option, fight for change and sanity and thus secure a brighter future or watch in silence and cowardness as the looming dark clouds approach to precipitate their madness. Which one will you choose? Path 1 or 2? Stand tall my friend, God save Europe, our culture, our people, and our heritage, thus preserving it for future Europeans. This is our duty.

The Strange Death of Europe: Immigration, Identity, Islam. By Douglas Murray.

Information on Douglas Murray:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Murray_(author)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw5saspEY8M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXG6E-qUv54

Plus an analysis of 'The Strange Death of Europe' and Yuval Noah Harari​'s bestselling book 'Sapiens' by Rabbi Sacks at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY6UY2tn5Os

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1209
abradley wrote:
Quote:

Robert Holt
Published on Aug 4, 2013
This video represents Revolutionary War music played by a recreated military officer's band, Colonel Webb's Band of Musick. This tune, "The World Turned Upside Down", was played by the British band serving under General Cornwallis after their defeat by the Americans and French at the Battle of Yorktown, which essentially ended the Revolutionary War. Reportedly, the British band played this tune as the defeated British army stacked their arms in the battlefield and became prisoners of war. This rendition of "The World Turned Upside Down" is played by Colonel Webb's Band of Musick using recreated 18th Century instruments under the direction of Music Master Lois Jones. A Revolutionary War band of musick includes two oboes, two clarinets, two natural horns that have no valves, and two bass instruments represented in this band by a bassoon and a serpent.

As an addon here are two links to audio youtubes of:
Quote:
The Strange Death Of Europe - Douglas Murray (1 of 2) Audiobook
kyong kober
Published on Oct 31, 2017
We hear of times past, where our ancestors were faced with tribulation and had to overcome it. They had an option, fight for change and sanity and thus secure a brighter future or watch in silence and cowardness as the looming dark clouds approach to precipitate their madness. Which one will you choose? Path 1 or 2? Stand tall my friend, God save Europe, our culture, our people, and our heritage, thus preserving it for future Europeans. This is our duty.

The Strange Death of Europe: Immigration, Identity, Islam. By Douglas Murray.

Information on Douglas Murray:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Murray_(author)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw5saspEY8M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXG6E-qUv54

Plus an analysis of 'The Strange Death of Europe' and Yuval Noah Harari​'s bestselling book 'Sapiens' by Rabbi Sacks at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY6UY2tn5Os

Unfortunately for the theories that European advances are because of religion, the opposite is true. After the Papal fuck-up during the 14th century something else started: Wycliffe in England and Jan Hus in Bohemia on the religious side. Then Renaissance starting in Italy spreading all over Europe. What was the role of organised religion in that? :roll:

Then later the the true reformation by Luther and Calvin liberated peoples from the rule of Rome. And how did organised religion help? :roll:

In the same time there was advances in astronomy and mathematics, empirical science was re-born since antiquity in Copernicus, Kepler and Brahe. Later Galileo. How did Rome respond, burned Bruno and put Galileo in house arrest.

After that there were scientists like Newton and Leibniz, numerous philosophers who started the the enlightenment with funny ideas like all people are equal. Where was religion in that?

Not that all I mentioned were atheists, Newton wasn't. But the difference was that the new people sought wisdom from observing nature or thinking what might be and how things should be. And religion had nothing to do in that.

But I can recommend Hariri's Sapiens. I have not read it through yet, I watched the video pretty far. But I found the book much more palatable. But I had to leave my first copy in Ref. Jesus y Maria in Pamplona when downsizing my package. But I have a new copy next in my list.

But I doubt that I ever read anything from Douglas Murray. A book like Neoconservatism: Why We Need It is not for me. And the latest one sounds much like brexit inspired islamophobia. :roll:

Read, baby read.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:27 pm 
buck private

nero wrote:
Unfortunately for the theories that European advances are because of religion, the opposite is true. After the Papal fuck-up during the 14th century something else started: Wycliffe in England and Jan Hus in Bohemia on the religious side. Then Renaissance starting in Italy spreading all over Europe. What was the role of organised religion in that? :roll:

Then later the the true reformation by Luther and Calvin liberated peoples from the rule of Rome. And how did organised religion help? :roll:

In the same time there was advances in astronomy and mathematics, empirical science was re-born since antiquity in Copernicus, Kepler and Brahe. Later Galileo. How did Rome respond, burned Bruno and put Galileo in house arrest.

After that there were scientists like Newton and Leibniz, numerous philosophers who started the the enlightenment with funny ideas like all people are equal. Where was religion in that?

Not that all I mentioned were atheists, Newton wasn't. But the difference was that the new people sought wisdom from observing nature or thinking what might be and how things should be. And religion had nothing to do in that.

But I can recommend Hariri's Sapiens. I have not read it through yet, I watched the video pretty far. But I found the book much more palatable. But I had to leave my first copy in Ref. Jesus y Maria in Pamplona when downsizing my package. But I have a new copy next in my list.

But I doubt that I ever read anything from Douglas Murray. A book like Neoconservatism: Why We Need It is not for me. And the latest one sounds much like brexit inspired islamophobia. :roll:

Read, baby read.
Wow, some list, most items I've covered Ad nauseam since first signing on this blog. So I'll recommend 'The Victory of Reason: How Christianity Led to Freedom, Capitalism, and Western Success Dec 18, 2007
by Rodney Stark' it pretty well covers everything but Bruno, for Bruno I recommend https://historyforatheists.com/2017/03/ ... r-science/ 'The Great Myths 3: Giordano Bruno was a Martyr for Science
March 31, 2017 Tim O'Neill

As for the "Read, baby read.", you need to heed your own advice, you refuse to read Douglas Murray because a book of his has a pro Neocon title.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:25 am 
buck private

For Nero, he likes in depth videos.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
I just KNOW that this is what you have all been waiting for:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next