maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 25  Next

Statues - tear em down - or leave em up ??
Poll ended at Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:34 pm
Tear down ALL the statues of primates in USA !!! 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Leave up ALL the statues of primates in USA !! 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
Form a committee to determine which statues go down and which stay up in USA (and which new ones can go up) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: Re: Statues - tear em down - or leave em up ??
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:34 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1209
chijohnaok wrote:
nero wrote:
Malliotakis sounds like Greek. By judging her ignorance a perfect Trumpetist candidate. ;)

Looks like you did not bother clicking the link that I conveniently provided.

So that you do not have to trouble yourself by clicking the link, here is the information:

Quote:
Malliotakis is the daughter of immigrant parents. Her mother is from Cuba and her father is from Greece. Raised in the Greek Orthodox faith, Malliotakis grew up in Great Kills, Staten Island.[7]

For Malliotakis I don't have to click anything, I can recognize a Greek name without any help. ;)

You can call me a polyglot and multitalented. :lol:

So it goes.

PS. I don't see any reason for removing any statue.
PPS. Today I heard a proposition that Finland will grant asylum for any persecuted statue around the word. Without any political, political, racial discrimination. What a marvelous business idea, theme park of persecuted statues. :lol:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:58 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
nero wrote:
For Malliotakis I don't have to click anything, I can recognize a Greek name without any help. ;)

So it goes.

PPS. Today I heard a proposition that Finland will grant asylum for any persecuted statue around the word. Without any political, political, racial discrimination. What a marvelous business idea, theme park of persecuted statues. :lol:

Her mother is Cuban but her father is Greek so she took her father's name....making her in your eyes "Greek".

Had that been reversed, her mother Greek and her father Cuban (and her last name "Castro") then I guess that she would be Hispanic(Cuban) as far as Nero was concerned.

I guess that there are no such things as "hyphens" (Greek-Hispanics, Hispanic-Greeks, etc) in Finland. :roll:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:24 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
chijohnaok wrote:
nero wrote:

So it goes.

Her mother is Cuban but her father is Greek so she took her father's name....making her in your eyes "Greek".

Had that been reversed, her mother Greek and her father Cuban (and her last name "Castro") then I guess that she would be Hispanic(Cuban) as far as Nero was concerned.

I guess that there are no such things as "hyphens" (Greek-Hispanics, Hispanic-Greeks, etc) in Finland. :roll:

:lol:

Aug. 25, 2017:

Nero proclaims mixed race children don't exist.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:41 pm 
Sergeant Major

NefariousKoel wrote:

Aug. 25, 2017:

Nero proclaims mixed race children don't exist.

Every child is mixed race (incense excluded). ;)

But the worrying thing is the level of education in the US. :shock:

Nicole Malliotakis wrote:
Christopher Columbus, the founder of our nation

So it goes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:59 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 16218
nero wrote:

So it goes.

Hey, Dumbass. Incense is smelly stuff you set on fire. Incest is how you were born retarded. Us uneducated people know the difference,

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:14 am 
Sergeant Major

doggie wrote:
nero wrote:

So it goes.

Hey, Dumbass. Incense is smelly stuff you set on fire. Incest is how you were born retarded. Us uneducated people know the difference,

Appalachian hillbilly with 11 fingers shares his wisdoms. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:50 am 
Sergeant Major

We almost had a Greek-American President once.....Noooooot.

Dukakis is running against Reagan and announces we need a tax increase.. :lol: :lol:

What a retard. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:14 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8277
Anthropoid wrote:
Memorials should reflect the values of the society.

Memorials are normally defined as "a statue or structure established to remind people of a person or event." Values are, therefore, not relevant to memorials.

The Civil War was a catastrophic event in the history of the United States in terms of destruction. More people died in that war than all our other wars combined. For that reason only it deserves to be memorialized.

Taking down the statues and/or destroying them illustrates just how radical folks on the left have become. It is almost Taliban like, to be quite honest. And the use of force to squelch free speech is also bordering on Taliban ideology.

The far left has become so toxic, so out of control, so alien to the values we hold so dear in the United States, that I cannot believe a "free" society would tolerate such behavior.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:21 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15595
Lava wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:
Memorials should reflect the values of the society.

The Civil War was a catastrophic event in the history of the United States in terms of destruction. More people died in that war than all our other wars combined. For that reason only it deserves to be memorialized.

I agree. But statues of Confederate soldiers only memorialize part of the catastrophe. Most of the WWI and WWII era memorials I know of, do not include statues of humans, and if they do it is rarely a famous individual. Rather, they tend to be generic soldiers.

Should the holocaust be memorialized with statues of Goebbels or Goering or Hitler? Even Rommel?

I disagree with much of the left, but one point we seem to be in accord on: the era of slavery in the United States is the African American analogue of the holocaust for Jews.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:46 am 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
Lava wrote:

I agree. But statues of Confederate soldiers only memorialize part of the catastrophe. Most of the WWI and WWII era memorials I know of, do not include statues of humans, and if they do it is rarely a famous individual. Rather, they tend to be generic soldiers.

Should the holocaust be memorialized with statues of Goebbels or Goering or Hitler? Even Rommel?

I disagree with much of the left, but one point we seem to be in accord on: the era of slavery in the United States is the African American analogue of the holocaust for Jews.

My bold emphasis above.

Not every Confederate statue/memorial is of RE Lee, Stonewall Jackson or other specific generals.

There are numerous statues of such "generic" soldiers.
The statue that is at the Hillsborough County Courthouse in Tampa is such an example:

The County Commission has voted to remove that statue.

The statue that was illegally pulled down by vandals in Durham, NC is another such example.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 25  Next