maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 25  Next

Statues - tear em down - or leave em up ??
Poll ended at Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:34 pm
Tear down ALL the statues of primates in USA !!! 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Leave up ALL the statues of primates in USA !! 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
Form a committee to determine which statues go down and which stay up in USA (and which new ones can go up) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Statues - tear em down - or leave em up ??
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:34 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 15645
Reputation points: 1209
chijohnaok wrote:
nero wrote:
...
Malliotakis sounds like Greek. By judging her ignorance a perfect Trumpetist candidate. ;)


Looks like you did not bother clicking the link that I conveniently provided.

So that you do not have to trouble yourself by clicking the link, here is the information:

Quote:
Malliotakis is the daughter of immigrant parents. Her mother is from Cuba and her father is from Greece. Raised in the Greek Orthodox faith, Malliotakis grew up in Great Kills, Staten Island.[7]

For Malliotakis I don't have to click anything, I can recognize a Greek name without any help. ;)

You can call me a polyglot and multitalented. :lol:

So it goes.

PS. I don't see any reason for removing any statue.
PPS. Today I heard a proposition that Finland will grant asylum for any persecuted statue around the word. Without any political, political, racial discrimination. What a marvelous business idea, theme park of persecuted statues. :lol:

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Statues - tear em down - or leave em up ??
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:58 pm 
Online
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 30851
Location: West coast of the east coast
Reputation points: 20000
nero wrote:
For Malliotakis I don't have to click anything, I can recognize a Greek name without any help. ;)

You can call me a polyglot and multitalented. :lol:

So it goes.

PS. I don't see any reason for removing any statue.
PPS. Today I heard a proposition that Finland will grant asylum for any persecuted statue around the word. Without any political, political, racial discrimination. What a marvelous business idea, theme park of persecuted statues. :lol:


Her mother is Cuban but her father is Greek so she took her father's name....making her in your eyes "Greek".

Had that been reversed, her mother Greek and her father Cuban (and her last name "Castro") then I guess that she would be Hispanic(Cuban) as far as Nero was concerned.

I guess that there are no such things as "hyphens" (Greek-Hispanics, Hispanic-Greeks, etc) in Finland. :roll:

_________________
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Statues - tear em down - or leave em up ??
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:24 pm 
Offline
Hair in the soap
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:46 am
Posts: 19220
Reputation points: 18052
chijohnaok wrote:
nero wrote:
For Malliotakis I don't have to click anything, I can recognize a Greek name without any help. ;)

You can call me a polyglot and multitalented. :lol:

So it goes.

PS. I don't see any reason for removing any statue.
PPS. Today I heard a proposition that Finland will grant asylum for any persecuted statue around the word. Without any political, political, racial discrimination. What a marvelous business idea, theme park of persecuted statues. :lol:


Her mother is Cuban but her father is Greek so she took her father's name....making her in your eyes "Greek".

Had that been reversed, her mother Greek and her father Cuban (and her last name "Castro") then I guess that she would be Hispanic(Cuban) as far as Nero was concerned.

I guess that there are no such things as "hyphens" (Greek-Hispanics, Hispanic-Greeks, etc) in Finland. :roll:



:lol:


Aug. 25, 2017:

Nero proclaims mixed race children don't exist.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Statues - tear em down - or leave em up ??
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:41 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 15645
Reputation points: 1209
NefariousKoel wrote:
...
:lol:


Aug. 25, 2017:

Nero proclaims mixed race children don't exist.

Every child is mixed race (incense excluded). ;)

But the worrying thing is the level of education in the US. :shock:

Nicole Malliotakis wrote:
Christopher Columbus, the founder of our nation


So it goes.

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Statues - tear em down - or leave em up ??
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:59 pm 
Offline
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:06 pm
Posts: 15491
Location: under the porch
Reputation points: 16218
nero wrote:
Every child is mixed race (incense excluded). ;)

But the worrying thing is the level of education in the US. :shock:



So it goes.



Hey, Dumbass. Incense is smelly stuff you set on fire. Incest is how you were born retarded. Us uneducated people know the difference,

_________________
First, we must kill moose and squirrel


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Statues - tear em down - or leave em up ??
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:14 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 15645
Reputation points: 1209
doggie wrote:
nero wrote:
Every child is mixed race (incense excluded). ;)

But the worrying thing is the level of education in the US. :shock:



So it goes.



Hey, Dumbass. Incense is smelly stuff you set on fire. Incest is how you were born retarded. Us uneducated people know the difference,

:lol:

Appalachian hillbilly with 11 fingers shares his wisdoms. :roll:

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Statues - tear em down - or leave em up ??
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:50 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 27359
Reputation points: 20000
We almost had a Greek-American President once.....Noooooot.

Dukakis is running against Reagan and announces we need a tax increase.. :lol: :lol:

What a retard. :lol:

_________________
I haven't figured out how to the block thingy works but if anyone alters my posts I will become really, really angry and throw monkey poop out of my cage.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Statues - tear em down - or leave em up ??
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:14 am 
Offline
Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:09 am
Posts: 1615
Location: On the beach
Reputation points: 8277
Anthropoid wrote:
Memorials should reflect the values of the society.


Memorials are normally defined as "a statue or structure established to remind people of a person or event." Values are, therefore, not relevant to memorials.

The Civil War was a catastrophic event in the history of the United States in terms of destruction. More people died in that war than all our other wars combined. For that reason only it deserves to be memorialized.

Taking down the statues and/or destroying them illustrates just how radical folks on the left have become. It is almost Taliban like, to be quite honest. And the use of force to squelch free speech is also bordering on Taliban ideology.

The far left has become so toxic, so out of control, so alien to the values we hold so dear in the United States, that I cannot believe a "free" society would tolerate such behavior.

_________________
"In this present crisis, Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Statues - tear em down - or leave em up ??
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:21 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 pm
Posts: 11771
Location: inside your worst nightmare
Reputation points: 15595
Lava wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:
Memorials should reflect the values of the society.


The Civil War was a catastrophic event in the history of the United States in terms of destruction. More people died in that war than all our other wars combined. For that reason only it deserves to be memorialized.


I agree. But statues of Confederate soldiers only memorialize part of the catastrophe. Most of the WWI and WWII era memorials I know of, do not include statues of humans, and if they do it is rarely a famous individual. Rather, they tend to be generic soldiers.

Should the holocaust be memorialized with statues of Goebbels or Goering or Hitler? Even Rommel?

I disagree with much of the left, but one point we seem to be in accord on: the era of slavery in the United States is the African American analogue of the holocaust for Jews.

_________________
Anthro's NSFW Thread


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Statues - tear em down - or leave em up ??
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:46 am 
Online
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 30851
Location: West coast of the east coast
Reputation points: 20000
Anthropoid wrote:
Lava wrote:


The Civil War was a catastrophic event in the history of the United States in terms of destruction. More people died in that war than all our other wars combined. For that reason only it deserves to be memorialized.


I agree. But statues of Confederate soldiers only memorialize part of the catastrophe. Most of the WWI and WWII era memorials I know of, do not include statues of humans, and if they do it is rarely a famous individual. Rather, they tend to be generic soldiers.

Should the holocaust be memorialized with statues of Goebbels or Goering or Hitler? Even Rommel?

I disagree with much of the left, but one point we seem to be in accord on: the era of slavery in the United States is the African American analogue of the holocaust for Jews.


My bold emphasis above.

Not every Confederate statue/memorial is of RE Lee, Stonewall Jackson or other specific generals.

There are numerous statues of such "generic" soldiers.
The statue that is at the Hillsborough County Courthouse in Tampa is such an example:

Image
The County Commission has voted to remove that statue.

The statue that was illegally pulled down by vandals in Durham, NC is another such example.

_________________
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 25  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chijohnaok, jwilkerson and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group