Open all night
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SOW MP Sunday 7th
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:32 pm 
Corporal

Location: Gettysburg, PA...9PM July 1, 1863..saving the Union army
Reputation points: 3360
With hopes 2ndacr has formulated the impossible dream OOB with "bare map", ready to go Sunday around noon. Anyone up for it?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: SOW MP Sunday 7th
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:34 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 8297
Ah crap. I forgot to get my wifes Skype password while she was in town. However, I should be able to somehow circumvent it and login as me. . . you would think.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13043
I am good for Sunday.

WIth regards to the 'blank map', is that something done in setting up a new OOB?
Or is it one of the options off the SOW settings screen? (I looked there but do not recall seeing anything having to do with a blank map).

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:48 pm 
Corporal

Location: Gettysburg, PA...9PM July 1, 1863..saving the Union army
Reputation points: 3360
It is in the options. Need to click custom level, go to map icon display level, there are 4 or 5 selections, one is "bare map". The only display on the mini map is the "all seeing eye" showing your commander's location. Otherwise, no troops, friendly or otherwise.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:41 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4024
Might do a modified bare map if we can, as in only show what WE can physically see, not sure if that is an option, but we shall see. I will/should be up for noon Sunday, have not had time to dig into the settings, but I will before game time.

I will play with the settings and see what we find. We might need to do a slow decrease in the settings to allow us time to adjust seeing as I create devilish scenarios and all.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:41 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4024
Okay, I can get bare map in solo player, but believe it or not, my multi player options have always had bare map checked. LOL

So not sure what the hell. As we damn sure can see the map, I changed everything in MP options and I am not getting a bare map at all. I can still see everything as a Corps commander, Div commander still has limited view as to what he can personally see. But Corps and Army can see everyone on their side. Might need more research on this.

I did many a test load on MP play trying to get it to work. Late and I gotta work Sat so will experiment more tomorrow.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:45 am 
Sergeant Major

I got the bare maps to work in sandlot solo as a corps commander----WOW....Would be a challenge trying to manage a division under this circumstance, much less an entire corps

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:03 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 8297
Actually, irrespective of whether I get Skype working or not, I must backout on Sunday. I need to take a practice GRE. Looks like I'll be applying for a spot in UC Berkeley's online "Masters in Information and Data Science" program before end of October. Taking the GRE and finishing a course in Python are now my two top priorities.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:28 pm 
Sergeant Major

Sunday noon eastern works for me.

Profile E-mail